Mac OS X users who need an Exchange-aware mail client from Microsoft have relied on Microsoft Entourage or Microsoft Web Access. Following the introduction of Office for Mac 2011, Microsoft has replaced the Entourage client with Outlook 2011. Progent's Mac OS X technology experts and Microsoft-certified Exchange consultants can assist you to maintain a legacy Entourage system, design and carry out an efficient upgrade to Microsoft's latest platform, and revamp your Exchange deployment to optimize the performance, availability, security, collaboration support, and overall strategic value of your email, messaging, and conferencing solution.
Office Outlook for Mac 2011 takes the place of Entourage and has been re-architected to provide significant enhancements in the areas of email creation and management, calendar management, backup and restoration, search, Windows coexistence, sharing, speed, video conferencing, voice mail, mobility support, Instant Messaging, and rich presence. The Microsoft Outlook for Mac database for email messages, contact information, and calendars is now saved in individual text files, making them easier to control. Outlook for Mac is also Spotlight searchable and able to be copied and restored using Time Machine. Configuring accounts has been streamlined so you can easily add Exchange-based accounts or accounts from major services such as Gmail, Microsoft Hotmail, Apple MobileMe, Yahoo!, Windows Live, and AOL.
Progent's Mac OS X integration specialists and Microsoft qualified support professionals can assist you to configure Entourage and Microsoft Exchange so your Apple Mac users can team with colleagues who use Microsoft Outlook. With Microsoft Entourage 2008, which is included with Office 2008 for Mac, you can use your Microsoft Exchange account to send and receive your email, access your Exchange global address list, sync up your schedule and contact list, and invite people to meetings and events. Entourage for Mac supports AppleScript as well as the Spotlight search tool. Progent can explain the efficiency benefits that Entourage 2008 can offer your cross-platform environment and can assist you to build a secure and reliable information network that supports a mix of Microsoft Entourage and Microsoft Outlook users accessing the same Exchange Server. Progent can also help you to design and implement an efficient upgrade from Entourage for Mac to Office Outlook for Mac 2011.
The majority of the extensive capabilities of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 are accessible to Mac, Apple iPhone, and iPad users via any full-featured web browser by utilizing the Outlook Web App (previously called Outlook Web Access). Outlook Web App enables Mac and Apple IOS devices to connect to email, voice messages, Instant Messages, and SMS text via Apple Safari and other major browsers. Advanced capabilities of Outlook Web App include automatic conversation grouping for simplified thread control, expanded web browser support, MailTips to avoid dangerous or unsuitable email transmissions, a limitless size single-page email message folder to eliminate the time and effort related to advancing through email messages page by page, a nickname buffer to streamline email addressing, enhanced filtering and search, shared calendars, new presence awareness displays within contact lists, client-based IM, ActiveSync integration for SMS text messages, and customizable favorites filters (such as unread emails) for fast access to task-relevant information.
Progent's Office Outlook for Mac 2011 Support Services
Outlook for Mac 2011 is a component of Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 and takes the place of the Entourage email client. Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 has been redesigned to offer significant enhancement in major areas of business communications including email creation and control, scheduling, backup and restore, search, Windows integration, collaboration, performance, voice and video conferencing, voice mail management, mobility, instant messaging, and presence awareness.
Progent can help your company to integrate Microsoft Outlook for Mac into your messaging environment so you can take advantage of its powerful new features, including:
Progent can help your company to plan, implement, and maintain a multi-platform environment that enables your Mac users to use Office Outlook for Mac to access Exchange Server. Progent's Microsoft-accredited consultants and OS X specialists can help your company to integrate your Mac OS X computers to your Exchange Server. Progent will make sure that your Exchange Server is properly configured and that WebDAV, LDAP, and Outlook Web are properly integrated. Progent can also provide a full range of Exchange Server support services such as design, integration, maintenance, protection, online access, performance tuning, plus spam/virus filtering and email encryption. Progent also offers tailored individual Entourage for Mac education.
- Conversations: Thread management is made easy due to Outlook for Mac's automatic ability to organize associated emails into a single message collection.
- Attachment Preview: Quick Look allows you to read file attachments from within a message without making it necessary to launch the file attachments in their associated applications.
- Unified Folders: Microsoft Outlook for Mac now places your email, draft messages, sent mail and erased items for each of your mailboxes in unified folders so you donít need to check individual accounts and folders.
- Import Windows PST Files: Migration from Windows email is streamlined by the ability to download Windows email PST files directly to Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 without the need for external software.
- Filter by Category: You can quickly view critical calendar items and contact data according to categories you define.
- Overlay Calendar View: Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac can stack shared calendars so you can quickly spot conflicts.
- Calendar Preview: A schedule snapshot shown in a meeting invitation enables you to detect conflicts or check adjacent events immediately.
- Reply with Meeting: You can generate a conference invitation in a one-click reply to an email.
- Contact Card: Running Microsoft Messenger for Mac 8 or Microsoft Communications Server with Microsoft Communicator for Mac 2011, you can view presence data in the new Outlook for Mac contact card and launch Instant Messaging, a voice or video conference, or a voice call without leaving Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011.
- Contacts Search: You can instantly search your contacts from any view in Microsoft Outlook for Mac.
- Information Rights Management (IRM): With the volume-license edition of Microsoft Outlook for Mac and a Rights Management server running under Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, you can provide advanced security for sensitive emails.
- Offline Address Books: Support for offline contact data gives mobile users 24x7 access to vital contact data.
- Voice Mail Preview: With Exchange Server 2010, Office Outlook for Mac 2011 can convert voice mail to readable text messages and add them to your inbox to save time during the process of reviewing voice messages.
Support Services for Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac
Entourage 2008 is a personal information manager that assists users to manage messages, contacts, schedules, notes, and tasks. With the Exchange interface built into Microsoft Entourage 2008, you can operate more efficiently in an Exchange-based messaging system and team with associates who run Microsoft Outlook as their email client software.
Features and Benefits of Entourage 2008 for Mac include:
Progent can assist you to support your current Microsoft Entourage environment or help you plan and carry out an efficient migration from any edition of Microsoft Entourage to the current release of Office Outlook for Mac.
- Centralize Personal Information: Entourage 2008 allows you to organize your e-mail, contacts, calendar, notes, and task details in one convenient location.
- Microsoft Exchange Integration: You can operate seamlessly in an Exchange environment because Microsoft Entourage 2008 utilizes the WebDAV standard. You can send and receive email, search your Exchange global address list (GAL), import addresses, sync your schedule, and invite associates to meetings with your Microsoft Exchange account.
- Contact Synchronization: You can sync up your contacts with your Exchange personal address book, providing complete access to your address list at all times.
- Directory Search: You can immediately locate addresses by looking through Exchange's global address list (GAL).
- Support for Many Email Accounts: Entourage 2008 permits you to establish multiple accounts which can include IMAP, POP, and MSN Hotmail type accounts. This allows you to manage all your email accounts with a single convenient tool.
- Schedule Synchronization: You can keep your Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac Calendar synchronized with Exchange so you can remain up to date with your schedule whether you are online or offline.
- Message Grouping: Microsoft Entourage 2008 allows you to group, read, and search for messages based on project, sender, date, or other criteria.
- Convenient Backup: Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac allows you to export personal information manager (PIM) records including email, contacts, or calendars into an Entourage 2008 for Mac backup package to keep your PIM information clean and safe.
- Word Compatibility: You can send Word documents directly as the content of e-mail messages.
Additional Support for Exchange Server in a Cross-platform Network
For multi-platform networks that do not use Microsoft Entourage but which incorporate Microsoft Exchange plus a mix of Mac, Windows, Linux/UNIX, or other popular operating systems, Progent's network engineers can assist to integrate email clients within a cohesive system that optimizes the ability to cooperate and exchange data. Progent can explain the advantages and shortcomings of utilizing Outlook Web App as an email client for non-Windows systems and can help you to incorporate a mix of email clients into your environment.
Progent also offers an array of Exchange Server support services to help your company to improve messaging protection, Exchange Server availability, off-site and wireless Exchange access, email manageability, and Exchange Server backup/restore procedures. Progent's Exchange Server upgrade and migration services simplify and de-risk the task of moving from an outdated email platform or an older release of Exchange to Exchange 2010. Progent also offers Exchange hosting to lower the cost, simplify the administration, and increase the reliability of your Microsoft Exchange Server. For additional information about Progent's technical support for Exchange, visit Exchange Server 2010 Consultants.
Get in Touch with Progent to Integrate Apple Mac Clients and Exchange Server
If you are in need of a Mac OS X consultant, phone Progent at 800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.
Progent's Expertise for UNIX Systems
Progent's UNIX-family support experts offer small businesses and developers help with managing and servicing UNIX/Linux/OS X-based networks that may operate alongside Microsoft-based technology. Progent provides your business access to UNIX technical experts, certified Microsoft consultants, Cisco-certified CCIEs, and security specialists certified by CISM. This broad range of knowledge gives your company a readily available single source to assist your business to create and maintain a protected and reliable cross-platform connectivity and communications infrastructure that combines Microsoft Windows with popular derivatives of UNIX including:
Mac OS X,
IBM AIX OS,
HP-UX (Hewlett Packard UNIX),
SCO UNIX and
Silicon Graphics IRIX (SGI/IRIX) or major Linux versions including
Debian GNU/Linux and