One of America's premiere IT consultant firms for business networks, Progent manages a large staff of talented service experts who concentrate on core IT areas including:
- Microsoft technology
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, plus VoIP solutions
- Enterprise security consulting
- Sophisticated system architecture
- Off-site troubleshooting and system management
Our Experts Group, which includes independent experts qualified and managed by Progent, provides exceptionally refined skills in a wide range of vital business applications and network solutions such as:
- Macintosh and iOS networking and application software
- Consulting for Linux, UNIX-based, and Sun environments
- Dynamics MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or CRM expertise
- Business Intelligence consulting for Microsoft's SQL Server BI Stack, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- CIO, business analyst, and project logistics services
- Web application development, integration, and debugging
- SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DBM programming and management consulting
- Office Access application development, enhancement and training
- Office desktop and Microsoft Office 365 consulting
Innovative structures for attracting customers, providing support, establishing a dynamic working environment, and offering highly competitive compensation and benefits have enabled Progent to become among the most rapidly expanding and best respected Microsoft Gold Partners consulting organizations in the United States and to build an international organization for delivering online network service. If you are an accredited IT support professional or network expert with a drive for a client service and strong people skills, consultants will find in Progent a chance for increasing your technical knowledge, living a more independent career, and attaining economic security.
Find Out More Details Concerning Jobs with Progent
Follow these pages to find out additional information concerning our work opportunities, business culture, work environment, compensation model, and benefits:
Consulting Work at Progent
We are looking for a variety of full-time employees including motivated Microsoft MCSE and MCSA computer consultants; system consultants who have Cisco CCIE certification; and consultants for advanced system architecture with backgrounds in mobile connectivity, wireless networking, non-stop environments, business continuity planning, data preservation, and VMware technology. We are also looking for workstation support technicians, remote service professionals, and CISSP accredited security consultants. We are also looking for veteran managers and administrators who can operate effectively in Progent's dynamic, virtual office model. Learn additional information about full-time professional services positions at Progent by referring to Full-time Work at Progent.
Contract Jobs with Progent
Progent works with independent professionals who have proven expertise and field background in high-demand IT areas outside Progent's main technical concentration. Our Experts Group includes freelance consultants who can provide advice and programming services for mission-critical solutions such as Manufacturing Resource Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management; possess in-depth knowledge of popular operating systems such as Linux, Macintosh, or Solaris, or offer expert skills in areas like telecom, web design, Juniper infrastructure technology, web commerce, or Oracle and MySQL Database development and management. Freelance contractors certified by us cooperate with Progent's staff consultants to deliver comprehensive solutions for small and midsize business networks. To learn more information concerning freelance opportunities with our Experts Consulting Group, visit Contract Work with Progent.
Ways That We Are Exceptional
Progent has been able to attract the top professional experts by being different. Providing a powerful blend of entrepreneurial drive, dedication to client success, use of state-of-the-art technology, plus an independent work model that allows for life-style choices for our team members, Progent offers a dynamic culture for talented consultants who posses a drive for quickly enhancing their professional abilities to create concrete benefits for a range of businesses and network environments. Learn more details concerning how we are unique by going to How We Are Exceptional.
Progent's Virtual Office Work Environment
Progent's virtual office model utilizes sophisticated technical tools that enable off-site access, wireless communication, easy access to our knowledge bases, and close cooperation with mobile colleagues to help you to resolve business-critical network issues. Our virtual office model frees you to focus on providing service rather than fighting traffic and lets consultants establish lasting customer relationships by permitting you to come up with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions. To find out more details concerning Progent's virtual office network, visit Progent virtual Office Network.
Compensation and Benefit Programs
Our compensation model is determined by revenue sharing. What you earn is entirely determined by what you contribute. You have the option of concentrating on quality of life and choosing to work at a more relaxed pace, using Progent's flexible schedule to make time for personal pursuits, or you can take advantage of the chance to make considerable income by hard work and long hours. Progent also offers full family health care coverage as well as many other benefits. Learn more details concerning our compensation and benefit programs by going to Progent Compensation Model and Benefits.
Consulting at Progent Frequently Asked Questions
For replies to frequent enquiries concerning becoming a consultant at Progent, see Consulting at Progent Questions and Answers.
Below is a description of some current job openings:
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is looking for experienced Senior Microsoft computer consultants in the San Francisco Bay Area to assist a variety of small businesses to manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 to 2016. Important fields of expertise include system architecture, AD design and repair, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information about Sr. Microsoft Information Technology Consulting Expert Jobs
Desktop Support Expert - San Francisco Bay Area
Progent is seeking Desktop Support Experts to help Progent's clients with maintenance, break/fix and project work. This is a 1099 consulting position that will be performed at our customer premises in the San Francisco Bay Area. Daytime availability is required, Monday through Friday. Our consultant will maintain and support clients of all desktop and laptop computers powered by the latest Microsoft technologies. Also, work extensively with client's executives, management, IT group or under the direction or guidance of Progent's senior consultant to support the customer's end users.
More information on Desktop Support Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Computer Consulting Expert - New York Metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles Areas
Progent is looking for experienced Sr. Microsoft IT consulting experts in the New York metro, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles areas to assist a range of small businesses manage IT environments powered by Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, and Exchange 2007 through 2016. Important areas of expertise include system infrastructure, Active Directory design and troubleshooting, Exchange-based messaging, security, and server monitoring.
More information on Senior Microsoft IT Consulting Expert Job
Senior Microsoft Exchange Consultant - San Francisco Bay Area, Remote
Progent is seeking a Sr. Exchange consultant to spearhead large-scale Exchange planning and deployment projects. The ideal applicant would be a computer consultant with expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 and Exchange Online and with a solid grasp of Microsoft AD. This position would require experience in the consulting, system design, deployment and maintenance of these platforms.
Specifics on Sr. Exchange Consultant Jobs
Business Development Representative (BDR) - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
Progent is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work as a senior-level sales executive responsible for selling the company's broad portfolio of information technology outsourcing/co-sourcing and network consulting, and development services. Responsibilities of the BDR include:
- Generating and explaining crucial elements of engagement proposals that associate Progent's services with a client's primary business needs
- Maintaining good relationships with Progent's customers
- Providing continuing client management and generating follow-on engagements
- Maintaining an understanding of rapidly changing technology
Details about Business Development Representative Positions - Los Angeles and New York Metro Areas
If you want to apply for any opening shown above, you should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the code numbers of the jobs of interest.
Additional Facts About Jobs with Us
Fulltime Work for Network Engineers, Desktop Service Technicians,
Security Consultants, and Online Help Professionals
Progent wants to find fulltime, results-driven Microsoft accredited engineers with Microsoft MCSE certification; Cisco certified system engineers who have CCIE credentials; security consultants who have CISSP, CISM, or CISA or comparable security credentials; and advanced system design experts with a background in mobile solutions, wireless connectivity, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, information protection, and virtual servers. Progent also seeks professionals who can join our staff of help desk support technicians and off-site troubleshooting professionals. Also, Progent is seeking experienced administrators who can perform effectively in our high-growth, virtual office culture.
By maintaining a team of skilled and motivated consultants, providing attentive client care, and offering a strong value-focused pricing structure, Progent has been able to increase our customer base dramatically while providing professional support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the United States. A sophisticated virtual office network, a shared knowledge base, and a group strategy for problem resolution have allowed Progent to maintain a talented staff and a loyal customer list.
If you are an information technology consultant with technical support expertise, joining Progent or helping our clients can expand your knowledge via cooperation with Progent's group of highly supportive, talented engineers. Progent's commitment to providing network consulting and computer support to small organizations will offer you the opportunity to work closely with decision makers and contribute appreciably to the success of exciting businesses.
Progent is hiring consultants that can show recognized certification in their technical expertise. For example, if you are a Microsoft expert, you must have earned your MCSE certificate. In the case of Cisco professionals, have your CCIE or Cisco Certified Network Professional certificate. For network security, you should have you Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISA, CISM, or other top security credentials. Of course, Progent is familiar with "paper experts". However, the fact that a certificate does not guarantee excellence is no justification for not owning one. If you know your stuff, then most of these certifications should be no challenge. The point is that if you call yourself an expert, then clients deserve to see certifications. Progent will promote your talents, but you need to have standard certifications for Progent to work with. In case you are strongly opposed to the concept of credentials, we can sympathize with and respect your position, but you are probably not a good fit.
Freelance Work for Certified Experts for
Windows, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, and Sun Technology
For more than 20 years, our computer engineers have offered low-cost and effective computer support services for companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the U.S. A sophisticated virtual office environment, a common support knowledge base, and a collaborative philosophy for problem resolution have enabled us to retain a strong in-house team and dramatically grow a loyal clientele.
The Experts Team is our way to provide clients the help of expert computer consulting engineers who have advanced knowledge and work background in important technologies outside of our primary concentration in network support and security. Experts Group members are often freelance engineers and occasionally "moonlighters" who have been thoroughly qualified by Progent to collaborate with Progent's in-house consultants to deliver comprehensive, world-class information technology solutions to small and midsize businesses. We are continually expanding the Experts Team to meet the particular needs of our customer base.
Our Experts Group currently provides consulting in these technologies:
- Macintosh networking and applications
- Support for Linux, UNIX, and Sun Solaris environments
- MRP, Enterprise Resource Planning, or Customer Relationship Management consulting
- Strategic and vertical program support
- CIO, management information analyst, and project logistics outsourcing
- Custom program design and deployment
- Web, electronic business, EDI, and customer portal design and integration
- Database management and performance consulting
- Business information consulting
- Telecom systems consulting
Advantages of becoming part of Progent's Experts Team include:
- By working with us, you can take advantage of the momentum of Progent's dramatic expansion and excellent recognition in the marketplace. By having a team of talented and committed consultants, offering excellent customer support, and practicing a strong, value-focused billing model, Progent has multiplied our clientele during the past several years and Progent now provides professoinal support to hundreds of businesses in Northern California and across the U.S.
- Our experienced marketing staff handles all aspects of marketing your services and areas of knowledge into our quickly growing client base, so you spend less effort signing up customers and more time generating revenue.
- Progent will facilitate relationship building between you and Progent's core team of expert Microsoft and Cisco qualified engineers who act as the conduit to the key executives among our clients.
- Our selling and administration teams will manage the complete selling and engagement process, from opportunity generation, job approval, client needs description, capabilities matching, project analysis proposal writing, contract negotiation and execution. Your exclusive responsibility is on providing high-level consulting service.
- Progent will gives you connections to Progent's sophisticated virtual office infrastructure, offering professional meeting/work sites throughout the San Francisco area, plus Internet and telecomm access anywhere in the U.S.
- You will have access to Progent's vast knowledge base, procedures based on best practices, abundance of professional documents, and the aggregate expertise from one of the country's largest independent groups of expert consulting engineers.
- We will share partner-only benefits from top technology companies such as Microsoft and Cisco, including free orlow-cost educational seminars, web access to special vendor troubleshooting tools and technical maintenance resources, and on-line in-house use programs for training and/or sales use.
- You will have the security of backup coverage from Progent's staff consultants and other Expert Team members in the event you are unavailable to respond to client demands due to work schedule conflicts, vacation, sickness, or training.
- As a 1099 subcontractor to Progent, you get simplified, risk-free invoicing and consistent payment schedules. In addition, Progent is responsible for receivables collection
There is not any charge to be a member of Progent's Experts Group, but Progent has the following requirements for membership:
- You need to show a proven background as a consultant operating independently in your area of specialization, including a minimum two year record of completed consulting jobs and/or have an active client base to whom you now provide ongoing support activity.
- You should show that you have expertise in your field of concentration, including having an extensive task-relevant history and excellent references, and have up-to-date manufacturer and/or industry professional certifications.
- You need to be able to present yourself in a professional manner and be self motivated and assured in your skills. You should have strong inter-personal skills and know how to work efficiently by yourself or as part of a group.
- You need to know how to articulate realistic goals to clients and other Progent consultants and you must know how scope out tasks, produce task plans, and define realistic work schedules.
Enhance Your Skills with Advanced Technology and
Joining the Top Group of Network Consultants
Progent's business climate will make you a better consulting professional by enhancing your information technology knowledge and increasing the satisfaction of your customers. Progent delivers on this promise by recruiting the top consulting experts for you to operate with, offering an advanced system architecture, running proprietary software utilities to deliver the maximum quality of support, and by optimizing our business structures for attracting and maintaining clients.
The decisive factor that differentiates us from other network support firms is the high quality of our consultants. Out of the scores of consulting experts who have teamed with us, we have recruited top talent covering a broad array of technical areas. Be it Microsoft Windows, Cisco firewalls, network security, Macintosh, Linux/UNIX, server virtualization, or other crucial areas, we deploy experts who can enable you to be effective on larger jobs by combining the collective skills of our team of experts.
To ensure the success of our team, we invest heavily in making available the best technology to perform the job efficiently. Progent will leverage information technology to an impressive degree and our advanced virtual office infrastructure enables seamless connectivity, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with fellow Progent consultants — all from home-based or on-the-road offices. You don’t waste time or lose income with daily commutes to a conventional office building, and any driving you do for on-site client jobs is determined by your time table, not ours. The most attractive benefit is that most of our consulting work can be done off-site, representing maximum productivity for income-producing time. In fact, some of our team members do remote consulting only.
Our operations are geared towards reacting quickly and effectively to customer needs via knowledge exchange and cooperative problem resolution. Even though Progent's consultants work with a high level of independence, dispatching is unified, client problems and solutions are meticulously tracked, documented, and archived for easy retrieval, current consultant availability is published to facilitate team tasks and simplify trouble escalation, and client approval is always evaluated. We reinforce the feeling of cooperation via monthly team conferences and regular corporate events.
The majority of our consultants are situated across Northern California, but we are building a quickly expanding group of consulting professionals from across the U.S. Our virtual office environment does away with regional obstacles that restrict the efficiency of traditional business structures. We enhance the package by offering a comprehensive employee care plan to promote the physical health and financial welfare of our employees and their relations.
Not only do we have world-class consulting professionals, Progent's sales and administration teams live up to the high standards that defines Progent. These top-notch factors behind Progent’s growth are helping us to target and land the 50-60 new customers we are currently engaging every month. Progent lately celebrated the delivery of services to our 1,000th client. Try typing “Cisco consultants” or “Microsoft consultants” into Google to check for yourself why Progent is also a strong marketing organization.
Having a commitment to technical proficiency is a cornerstone for growth with Progent. A job in consulting will push you to enhance your skills more than is possible in any other job in information technology. Being confronted by a continual series of technical challenges is what keeps consulting interesting. Clients rely on consultants to perform the “hard stuff.” Innovative projects, advanced implementations, puzzling or entrenched problems, and difficult upgrades are the foundation for what we do every day. At Progent, you will not stall or be pigeonholed, as is sadly common for network engineers in traditional corporate roles. You will wake up every day enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead.
Along the way, you will work with some wonderful people, both by establishing strong customer relationships and by working in conjunction with other Progent team members, where you will learn from and add to their growth. Yes, technology is vital, but we are a relationship-focused organization through and through. If you do not offer strong communications skills or enjoy working with a varied group of personalities, then Progent is in all likelihood not a good match.
If this sounds good to you, we invite you to talk to us about our view of the new paradigm of network consulting.
Get Lifestyle Benefits and Technical Prowess with
Our Sophisticated Virtual Office Environment
Progent is convinced that a well designed and executed network can be a pivotal factor for enabling any company's growth, and Progent follows this belief in our corporate network infrastructure. We have built a fault-tolerant virtual office network that allows Progent's staff consultants and authorized contractors to deliver rapid and efficient service, collaborate easily on complex projects, and gain from career and private maturity from being a member of a dynamic company ethos of personal drive and freedom.