Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server was the first messaging platform developed by Microsoft to utilize Active Directory rather than an internal directory system. This architectural innovation made MS Exchange Server 2K dramatically easier to administer and Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server continues to be the foundation of the email system used by numerous small businesses.
Extensive background with Microsoft's email platforms makes Progent one of the most knowledgeable computer consulting organizations in the United States for maintaining messaging solutions powered by MS Exchange Server 2000. Progent is experienced at helping small companies who continue to operate MS Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can assist you assess the business value of migrating your MS Exchange 2000 Server system to a more recent release of Exchange. (See Progent's Exchange 2016 migration planning and support services and Exchange Server 2013 consulting.)
Benefits of MS Exchange Server 2000 Vs. MS Exchange Server 5.5
MS Exchange Server 2000 offers important enhancements in capability compared to Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Server in key areas such as accessibility, manageability, protection, robustness, scalability, and speed.
- The 2K version of MS Exchange Server brought a dramatic improvement in functionality in comparison to the Exchange 5.5 web client. Microsoft Exchange Server 2K delivers a good implementation of the familiar Outlook GUI, including calendaring and utilities. Consequently, mobile workers can enjoy full, secure availability of email even without their mobile computer. All mobile clients require is an Internet-connected computer with a standard web browser.
- Unlike MS Exchange 5.5, which uses its built-in directory, MS Exchange Server 2000 utilizes Active Directory, offering a much simplified management and security architecture. This makes MS Exchange 2000 Server easier to administer and support and in addition offers tighter protection.
- MS Exchange Server 2K incorporates a robust architecture for transparently integrating third-party software such as virus scanning packages and anti-spamming tools. MS Exchange 2000 Server's strong API avoids the risks associated with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party utilities.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 offers dramatically improved capacity and performance compared to Exchange 5.5. This means you can deploy more and bigger mailboxes and gain faster remote connectivity.
Ways That Progent Can Help Your Business to Support Microsoft Exchange Server 2K
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2000 technical support and consulting services include help with the selection and integration of third-party enhancements that are best matched to your business goals. Progent's consultants can also assist you to migrate to Exchange Server 2016 or upgrade to Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 from Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server at minimal cost or disruption of business operations.
Benefits of Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Vs. an ISP-based or POP3 Email Environment
If your company currently has clients relying on a messaging system hosted by an ISP or if you are running some Outlook clients in POP3 mode, your MS Exchange Server 2K offers a wealth of improved capabilities in the categories of ease of administration, performance, traffic volume, robustness, and groupware:
- Unlike the store-and-forward model followed by POP3 messaging, MS Exchange 2000 Server uses a central-store architecture that liberates users from dependence on a single workstation or notebook computer, lowers exposure to hardware failure or malicious software, and allows on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and advanced sharing and team tasks.
- MS Exchange 2000 Server offers powerful collaboration features that enable work groups to improve efficiency by sharing datebooks, addresses, email and files.
- The flexibility of MS Exchange Server 2K makes it easy to add third-party security software or accommodate wireless handhelds such as the RIM BlackBerry.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 permits complete on-line backup without disturbing clients, enabling non-stop operation by avoiding scheduled shutdowns and maintenance interruptions.
How Progent Can Assist You to Incorporate POP3 Clients with Exchange 2K
Progent's expertise and efficient methodologies can assist you in performing a fast, seamless move of POP3 e-mail users to your MS Exchange 2000 Server. Progent attends to vital issues such as managing domain names so that on-site and remote clients make a smooth transition from POP3 messaging.
How Progent Can Help You Upgrade from Exchange 2K to Exchange 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has a long background helping small and midsize businesses to migrate from MS Exchange 2000 to current releases of Microsoft Exchange. Progent can also help your company to migrate to Exchange Server 2016 or move to MS Exchange 2013 Server from Exchange 2000 at the least possible cost or disruption of business. Progent's CISA-qualified security specialists can make sure your security technology and practices are sound and Progent's Cisco-authorized network engineers can verify that your network infrastructure is efficient, reliable, and simple to support.
Find out more concerning how Progent can deliver Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 consulting support and MS Exchange 2013 expertise.
Hosting and Management Services for Exchange
If you are considering updating your MS Exchange 2000 system to a messaging solution powered by Exchange 2016 or Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server, this is an ideal opportunity to consider Progent's Hosting Services for Microsoft Exchange. Progent can operate your Exchange environment in a world-class facility that features redundant electrical and environmental control systems, round-the-clock staffed security and operations center, and fault-tolerant access to Internet backbone service companies. Hosted Microsoft Exchange servers are set up as virtual machines for high uptime, easy expandability, and rapid recovery.
Progent's services feature integration with your network, connectivity with mobile communication devices, continual tracking of performance and network security, spam protection, patch and revision management, Contact Center support, daily backup, and comprehensive email management support. By using Progent's Hosting and Management Services for Microsoft Exchange, small companies can save dramatically on the expense of computers, infrastructure, and environmental control, minimize the hassle and uncertainty of in-house network management, and benefit from world-class levels of dependability, protection, and efficiency.
Learn more information on how Progent can deliver Hosting and Management Services for Microsoft Exchange.
For clients who use Progent's Microsoft Exchange Server hosting services, Progent can also assist with setting up an on-site Exchange Server solution when a business is ready to develop an in-house data center.
Find out more about Progent's IT Outsourcing services.
In order to ask Progent about professional help for Microsoft Exchange Server or to learn more about Progent's Exchange hosting services, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.