Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server was the first messaging platform developed by Microsoft to utilize Active Directory rather than an internal directory system. This architectural innovation made MS Exchange Server 2K dramatically easier to administer and Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server continues to be the foundation of the email system used by numerous small businesses.
Extensive background with Microsoft's email platforms makes Progent one of the most knowledgeable computer consulting organizations in the United States for maintaining messaging solutions powered by MS Exchange Server 2000. Progent is experienced at helping small companies who continue to operate MS Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can assist you assess the business value of migrating your MS Exchange 2000 Server system to a more recent release of Exchange. (See Progent's Exchange 2016 migration planning and support services and Exchange Server 2013 consulting.)
Benefits of MS Exchange Server 2000 Vs. MS Exchange Server 5.5
MS Exchange Server 2000 offers important enhancements in capability compared to Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Server in key areas such as accessibility, manageability, protection, robustness, scalability, and speed.
- The 2K version of MS Exchange Server brought a dramatic improvement in functionality in comparison to the Exchange 5.5 web client. Microsoft Exchange Server 2K delivers a good implementation of the familiar Outlook GUI, including calendaring and utilities. Consequently, mobile workers can enjoy full, secure availability of email even without their mobile computer. All mobile clients require is an Internet-connected computer with a standard web browser.
- Unlike MS Exchange 5.5, which uses its built-in directory, MS Exchange Server 2000 utilizes Active Directory, offering a much simplified management and security architecture. This makes MS Exchange 2000 Server easier to administer and support and in addition offers tighter protection.
- MS Exchange Server 2K incorporates a robust architecture for transparently integrating third-party software such as virus scanning packages and anti-spamming tools. MS Exchange 2000 Server's strong API avoids the risks associated with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party utilities.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 offers dramatically improved capacity and performance compared to Exchange 5.5. This means you can deploy more and bigger mailboxes and gain faster remote connectivity.
Ways That Progent Can Help Your Business to Support Microsoft Exchange Server 2K
Progent's MS Exchange Server 2000 help, technical support and consulting services include help with the selection and integration of third-party enhancements that are best matched to your business goals. Progent's consultants can in addition provide MS Exchange Server 2007 upgrade help or Exchange Server 2010 upgrade help so you can avoid dealing with the issues involved with managing a messaging platform considered at end of life by Microsoft.
Benefits of MS Exchange 2000 Server Over an ISP-based or POP3 Email Environment
If your company currently has users supported by an email system hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are running some Outlook clients in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server provides an array of enhanced capabilities in the categories of manageability, performance, traffic volume, robustness, and collaboration:
- In contrast to the store-and-forward model followed by POP3 messaging, MS Exchange Server 2000 implements a central-store architecture that frees clients from reliance on a specific desktop or notebook computer, reduces exposure to component breakdowns or malicious software, and allows both on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and sophisticated sharing and collaboration.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 offers strong collaboration capabilities that enable teams to increase productivity by sharing calendaring, addresses, email and files.
- The versatility of MS Exchange Server 2000 makes it possible to add third-party security enhancements or support wireless smartphones such as the RIM BlackBerry.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K allows complete live backup without affecting clients, enabling non-stop operation by eliminating periodic shutdowns and administrative blackouts.
How Progent Can Assist You to Incorporate POP3 Clients with Microsoft Exchange 2K
Progent's expertise and field-proven best practices can help you in performing a fast, transparent migration of POP3 users to your MS Exchange 2K Server. Progent handles vital issues such as coordinating domain names so that both local and remote clients make a non-disruptive switch from POP3 e-mail.
How Progent Can Help You Migrate from Exchange 2K to Exchange 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has a long background helping small and midsize businesses to migrate from Exchange 2000 Server to newer editions of Microsoft Exchange. Progent's consultants can also assist you to migrate to Microsoft Exchange 2016 Server or move to MS Exchange 2013 Server from MS Exchange Server 2000 at minimal cost or interruption of business. Progent's CISSP-certified network security consultants can ensure your security technology and practices are sound and Progent's Cisco-authorized network experts can make sure that your connectivity architecture is fast, reliable, and easy to manage.
Learn more concerning how Progent can provide MS Exchange 2016 Server migration services and Microsoft Exchange 2013 upgrade consulting.
Hosting and Management Services for Exchange
If your company is considering updating your Exchange 2000 system to an email solution based on Microsoft Exchange 2016 or Exchange 2013, this is the perfect opportunity to consider Progent's Hosting Services for Exchange. Progent can operate your Exchange environment in a world-class data center that features redundant electrical and environmental control systems, round-the-clock site security and IT support center, and failover connections to tier-1 Internet service companies. Hosted Microsoft Exchange servers are configured as virtualized machines for high availability, easy expandability, and fast recovery.
Progent's services feature integration with your business network, access to mobile communication products, continual monitoring of efficiency and security, spam filtering, security update and service pack management, Contact Center support, daily data backup, and comprehensive email management services. By using Progent's Hosting Services for Microsoft Exchange, small businesses can economize substantially on the cost of servers, network appliances, and environmental control, minimize the distraction and uncertainty of internal IT management, and have the advantage of enterprise-class levels of fault-tolerance, protection, and efficiency.
Find out more information on how Progent can deliver Hosting Support Services for Exchange.
In order to contact Progent about technical expertise for Exchange Server or to learn more about Progent's Microsoft Exchange hosting services, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft .NET Servers
For small businesses anywhere in the U.S., Progent's Microsoft-certified experts can provide network help and professional consulting support for the entire family of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Microsoft Windows 2003 Server. Progent's planning, installation, optimization, and consulting capabilities include system architecture, configuration, and management help for
project analysis and documentation, local and off-site
technical help and system repair,
Help Desk Support, certified
security expertise, turn-key
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
If your organization is looking for fast remote help from a certified network expert, refer to Progent's Emergency Online Network Support.
Read additional details about Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft Server Products.