Microsoft Exchange 2000
MS Exchange Server 2000 was the first email platform developed by Microsoft to utilize AD directory services instead of a non-standard directory system. This architectural improvement made MS Exchange Server 2K significantly easier to support and MS Exchange Server 2000 continues to be the basis of the messaging environment used by many small businesses.
Years of background with Microsoft's Exchange platforms makes Progent among the most qualified IT consulting organizations in the United States for supporting messaging solutions based on MS Exchange Server 2000. Progent is experienced at assisting small companies who still operate MS Exchange Server 2000 and Progent can assist you assess the costs and benefits of migrating your MS Exchange Server 2K environment to a current release of Exchange. (See Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2016 upgrade support services and Microsoft Exchange 2013 expertise.)
Benefits of MS Exchange Server 2K Over MS Exchange Server 5.5
MS Exchange Server 2K offers important enhancements in capability over Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 in vital areas including accessibility, manageability, security, robustness, capacity, and speed.
- The 2K release of Microsoft Exchange Server represented a dramatic improvement in functionality in comparison to the Microsoft Exchange 5.5 web interface. Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 delivers a solid implementation of the familiar Outlook GUI, including calendaring and tools. Consequently, authorized mobile users can enjoy unrestricted, secure availability of email even in the absence of a notebook. The only thing mobile clients require is an Internet-connected computer with a conventional web browser.
- In contrast to Exchange 5.5, which uses its own directory, MS Exchange Server 2K utilizes MS Active Directory, providing a greatly simplified administration and security model. This makes Microsoft Exchange Server 2K simpler to manage and support and in addition provides better security.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 incorporates a robust foundation for seamlessly integrating third-party applications such as virus scanning packages and anti-spamming tools. MS Exchange Server 2K's tested Application Programming Interface eliminates the instability existing with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party add-ins.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2K provides significantly increased capacity and performance compared to Exchange 5.5. This means you can deploy more and larger mailboxes and enjoy quicker off-site access.
How Progent Can Assist Your Business with Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server help, technical support and consulting capabilities include help with the selection and integration of third-party enhancements that are best matched to your company strategy. Progent's engineers can in addition provide Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 upgrade support or Exchange 2010 upgrade help so you can stop dealing with the problems involved with operating a messaging product no longer supported by Microsoft.
Benefits of MS Exchange Server 2000 Compared to an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your company still has users relying on an email solution hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are managing some Outlook users in POP3 mode, your MS Exchange 2000 Server offers a wealth of improved capabilities in the categories of manageability, responsiveness, traffic volume, availability, and groupware:
- In contrast to the store-and-forward technique used by POP3 email systems, MS Exchange Server 2K implements a central-store model that frees users from dependence on a specific workstation or notebook PC, reduces vulnerability to component failure or malicious software, and allows both on-line and off-line email, automatic backup, and advanced sharing and collaboration.
- MS Exchange Server 2000 has powerful collaboration capabilities that allow work groups to increase efficiency by sharing datebooks, addresses, messages and data.
- The flexibility of MS Exchange Server 2K makes it possible to add third-party security software or accommodate wireless handhelds such as the Research in Motion BlackBerry.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server allows complete live backup without affecting clients, enabling 24x7 operation by avoiding scheduled downtime and maintenance interruptions.
How Progent Can Help Your Company to Incorporate POP3 Clients with Microsoft Exchange 2000
Progent's expertise and efficient methodologies can help you in performing a fast, transparent migration of POP3 e-mail users to your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent attends to vital details such as coordinating domain names in order that both local and off-site clients make a smooth switch from POP3 email.
How Progent Can Help You Move from Exchange 2K to Exchange 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has an extensive background assisting small companies to migrate from MS Exchange 2000 Server to newer editions of Exchange. Progent's consultants can also help your company to upgrade to MS Exchange 2016 Server or upgrade to Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server from Exchange 2000 Server at minimal cost or interruption of business operations. Progent's CISSP-accredited security consultants can ensure your security technology and policies are effective and Progent's Cisco-authorized network experts can make sure that your network infrastructure is efficient, dependable, and simple to support.
Find out more concerning how Progent can provide Microsoft Exchange 2016 migration support and MS Exchange 2013 Server upgrade consulting.
Hosting Services for Exchange
If you are considering updating your Microsoft Exchange 2000 installation to an email solution based on Microsoft Exchange 2016 or Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server, this is the perfect time to look at Progent's Hosting Support Services for Microsoft Exchange. Progent can operate your Exchange system in a world-class facility with redundant power and cooling systems, round-the-clock staffed security and operations center, and failover connections to Internet backbone service companies. Hosted Exchange servers are set up as virtualized machines for service continuity, easy scalability, and rapid restoration.
Progent's services feature complete incorporation with your network, connectivity with handheld communication products, continual monitoring of efficiency and security, spam filtering, security update and service pack management, Helpdesk services, per-day data backup, and full messaging administration services. By using Progent's Hosting Services for Exchange, small businesses can save dramatically on the expense of computers, network appliances, and environmental control, minimize the distraction and uncertainty of in-house IT management, and have the advantage of world-class levels of fault-tolerance, protection, and efficiency.
Find out additional information on ways Progent can provide Hosting Services for Exchange.
In order to contact Progent about consulting support for MS Exchange Server or to learn more about Progent's Microsoft Exchange hosting services, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft Server Technology
For small and mid-sized companies across the United States, Progent's Microsoft-authorized consultants can provide network help and IT consulting support for the whole family of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Microsoft Windows 2003 Server. Progent's planning, installation, update, and consulting capabilities include system architecture, configuration, and management help for
project analysis and documentation, on-site and off-site
technical support and system troubleshooting,
Help Desk Services, certified
security expertise, IT
ProSight Virtual Hosting services.
In case your company needs immediate remote help from a certified consultant, refer to Progent's Emergency Remote Network Help.
Read more concerning Progent's Support Services for Microsoft .NET Server Technology.