Exchange 2000 Server
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server was the initial messaging platform released Microsoft to utilize AD directory services instead of a built-in directory structure. This architectural enhancement made Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 significantly simpler to support and MS Exchange 2000 Server continues to be the basis of the messaging system of many companies.
Extensive background with Microsoft's Exchange technology makes Progent among the most qualified computer consulting organizations in the U.S. for maintaining messaging environments based on Microsoft Exchange Server 2000. Progent is expert at assisting small businesses who continue to operate Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Progent can help your organization understand the business value of migrating your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server environment to a more recent release of Exchange. (See Progent's Microsoft Exchange 2016 migration support and Exchange 2013 expertise.)
Advantages of MS Exchange 2000 Server Compared to Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5
MS Exchange Server 2K offers important enhancements in capability compared to Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Server in vital areas such as accessibility, manageability, security, robustness, scalability, and performance.
- The 2000 version of MS Exchange Server represented a significant increase in functionality over the Exchange 5.5 web client. Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server delivers a solid implementation of the traditional Outlook GUI, including scheduling and utilities. Consequently, authorized mobile workers can have full, protected access to email even in the absence of their mobile computer. All mobile clients require is an Internet-connected PC with a standard web browser.
- Unlike Exchange 5.5, which uses its own directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 utilizes Active Directory, offering a much simplified management and security architecture. This makes Microsoft Exchange Server 2K easier to administer and support and in addition offers tighter security.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 incorporates a strong architecture for seamlessly adding third-party software such as virus scanning programs and anti-spamming utilities. MS Exchange Server 2000's strong API eliminates the risks existing with Exchange 5.5 when integrating third-party add-ins.
- MS Exchange Server 2K provides dramatically increased capacity and performance compared to Exchange 5.5. Therefore you can deploy more and larger mailboxes and gain faster remote connectivity.
How Progent Can Help Your Business with MS Exchange Server 2K
Progent's MS Exchange 2000 Server help, troubleshooting and consulting services include help with the choice and configuration of third-party add-ons that are appropriately matched to your company strategy. Progent's engineers can in addition offer Exchange 2007 migration help or Exchange 2010 upgrade help so you can avoid dealing with the issues involved with operating a messaging technology unsupported by Microsoft.
Benefits of MS Exchange 2000 Server Over an ISP-based or POP3 Email System
If your company currently has users supported by a messaging solution hosted by an Internet Service Provider or if you are running some Outlook users in POP3 mode, your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server offers a wealth of improved capabilities in the categories of ease of administration, performance, capacity, availability, and collaboration:
- In contrast to the store-and-forward technique used by POP3 messaging, Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 implements a central-store model that liberates clients from reliance on a single desktop or notebook PC, lowers vulnerability to hardware failure or malicious software, and permits on-line and off-line email, auto-backup, and advanced sharing and team tasks.
- MS Exchange Server 2K offers strong collaboration features that allow teams to increase productivity by sharing datebooks, addresses, email and files.
- The versatility of Microsoft Exchange Server 2K makes it possible to add third-party security enhancements or accommodate wireless handhelds such as the RIM BlackBerry.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server permits full on-line backup without affecting users, making possible non-stop operation by eliminating periodic downtime and administrative interruptions.
How Progent Can Help Your Company to Integrate POP3 E-Mail Users with Microsoft Exchange 2000
Progent's experience and efficient best practices can assist you in implementing a quick, seamless move of POP3 e-mail clients to your Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. Progent attends to vital details such as managing domain names in order that both local and off-site users make a non-disruptive switch from POP3 e-mail.
How Progent Can Assist You Move from Exchange 2K to Exchange 2016 or Exchange 2013
Progent has a long background helping small companies to upgrade from Exchange 2000 Server to newer releases of Exchange. Progent can also assist you to upgrade to MS Exchange 2016 Server or migrate to MS Exchange 2013 Server from Exchange 2000 Server at minimal cost or interruption of business. Progent's CISA-certified security specialists can make sure your security technology and practices are sound and Progent's Cisco-certified network engineers can verify that your network infrastructure is fast, dependable, and easy to support.
Find out more about how Progent can provide Exchange 2016 migration support and Exchange 2013 upgrade consulting.
Hosting Services for Exchange
If your company is considering updating your Exchange 2000 Server system to a messaging solution based on Exchange 2016 Server or Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server, this is the perfect opportunity to look at Progent's Hosting and Management Services for Microsoft Exchange. Progent can operate your Exchange environment in a world-class data center that features backed-up power and environmental control systems, round-the-clock site security and operations center, plus failover connections to Internet backbone service providers. Hosted Exchange servers are configured as virtual servers for high uptime, easy scalability, and rapid recovery.
Services feature complete incorporation with your business network, connectivity with mobile computing products, automated tracking of efficiency and security, spam protection, security update and service pack control, Helpdesk support, daily backup, and comprehensive messaging administration support. By using Progent's Hosting Services for Microsoft Exchange, small and midsize companies can save substantially on the cost of computers, network appliances, and environmental control, reduce the hassle and risk of internal IT management, and benefit from enterprise-class levels of fault-tolerance, security, and performance.
Find out additional details on how Progent can provide Hosting and Management Services for Microsoft Exchange.
If you wish to ask Progent about technical expertise for MS Exchange Server or to ask about Progent's Microsoft Exchange hosting services, phone 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft Server Products
For small and mid-sized companies throughout the United States, Progent's Microsoft-certified experts can provide network help and professional consulting services for the whole array of Microsoft .NET servers, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Microsoft Windows 2003 Server. Progent's migration, integration, update, and consulting capabilities cover system design, deployment, and management outsourcing for
project management and documentation, on-site and off-site
technical support and network repair,
Help Desk Support, certified
security consulting, full-service
Private Cloud hosting and management services.
If your business needs immediate remote support from a certified consultant, refer to Progent's Emergency Remote Network Support.
Find out more information about Progent's Consulting and Support Services for Microsoft Server Technology.