Features and Benefits of SharePoint Portal Server 2003
Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003 is a mature platform for intelligently connecting people, teams and information. SharePoint Portal Server 2003 provides a central place for your employees or clients to access, manage, share and interact with relevant information, documents, applications and other people. It enables quicker and better decisions, more effective sharing across teams and more streamlined business processes.
The primary goal of SharePoint Portal Server is to bring together, in a relevant way, all of the diverse sources of knowledge and information available inside and outside an organization. This includes connecting workers, customers, teams and projects with the knowledge, information and data they’ve created in a way that makes them easy to find, retrieve and re-use.
SharePoint Portal Server 2003 provides a powerful array of features to support collaboration including:
Key features of SharePoint Portal Server 2003 include:
- Creating, deploying and managing customizable corporate intranet, extranet and Internet portal solutions for small groups, large business units or entire enterprises, dramatically expanding the number of users, sites and documents that can be managed.
- Enterprise searching of all of the information in an organization – regardless of whether the information is stored on file servers, Web sites, other document storage systems or line-of-business applications.
- Supporting customizable structures for creating, organizing and locating all sources of information within an organization including division and business unit portal sites, team collaboration project web sites, My Site personal web sites and other content using a searchable hierarchy of keyword best bets.
- Personalized categorization and delivery of portal and other enterprise information and data based on customizable user profiles and organization-defined audiences.
- Creation of SharePoint sites using Site Directory (corporate site taxonomy)
- Centralized administration of all portal and team sites in an organization
- Single-sign on for enterprise applications
- Enterprise search for all data and information in the organization
Important benefits of SharePoint Portal Server 2003 include:
- Improved enterprise efficiency and effectiveness
- More efficient searching and retrieval of information and data from anywhere in the organization
- Greater overall productivity resulting from greater re-use and more effective team collaboration
How Progent Can Help You with SharePoint Portal Server 2003
Progent's SharePoint experts can help you support, manage, and optimize an in-place implementation of SharePoint Portal Server 2003 and can also assist you to cost-justify, design, and implement a smooth SharePoint Server 2003 to Office SharePoint Server 2007 migration or an upgrade to SharePoint 2010. Progent's specialists in high-availability networking can show you how to configure a fault-tolerant infrastructure to keep your network up and running, and Progent's CISM, CISA and CISSP-certified network security consulting experts can evaluate the security of your existing information system and help you develop a comprehensive security plan that incorporates software and hardware products and configurations, network topology, and corporate policies and procedures that allow safe and efficient collaboration and information sharing.
In order to get in touch with Progent about engineering support for MS SharePoint Server, call 1-800-993-9400 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Progent's Consulting Services for Microsoft Technology
For businesses of any size in the Northern California area or anywhere in the U.S., Progent's Microsoft-authorized experts offer low-cost remote computer help and professional consulting services for the entire array of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers. Progent can deliver Microsoft Windows Server 2012 configuration support, Windows 2008 Server consulting, and Microsoft Windows 2003 Server upgrade help. Progent's migration, integration, optimization, and support capabilities include network design, deployment, and administration outsourcing for
project analysis and documentation, on-site and remote
technical help and system repair,
Help Desk Services, comprehensive
security consulting, full-service
application server hosting options.
Progent also can deliver a broad range of online desktop support and troubleshooting services such as Windows 8 configuration and support, Windows 7 migration help, upgrading to 64-bit computing, configuring Microsoft Office 2010, and streamlining desktop configuration.
If your business needs urgent online help from a Microsoft certified network expert, refer to Progent's Urgent Remote Computer Support.
Find out more about Progent's Microsoft technology consulting services.