Computer Support for Small Companies
Service Delivery Options
Nationwide Online and Onsite Consulting
Progent offers a variety of options for delivering network support services to small businesses. These service delivery modes are designed to meet both the technical requirements and budgetary restrictions common to small organizations and therefore stress efficiency and affordability.
Progent is a pioneer in delivering network support remotely and has significantly expanded the set of services that can be provided effectively and economically via phone or secure Internet connections. Progent has successfully delivered remote network support services to small businesses in every state in the U.S. (see Progent's customer testimonials). Progent offers a variety of remote services from emergency troubleshooting for Windows, Linux, Apple Mac, and Cisco-powered systems:
- Network Troubleshooting: Progent's Technical Response Center is staffed with certified service professionals who offer small businesses remote network troubleshooting support, avoiding the expense or delay of travel for onsite service calls. Progent bills by the minute for remote troubleshooting, has no sign-up charges, and requires no time minimum, so you are invoiced only for the support you receive. Specialists you can access remotely include Cisco-qualified CCIE infrastructure experts, Microsoft-qualified MCSE and MCTS consultants, Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSPs), and CISSP-certified security engineers. (See Progent's IT industry certifications.)
- Help Desk Call Center: Small businesses can save money and improve the quality of network support by outsourcing Help Desk Call Services to Progent. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow you to tap into the expertise of a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and a Cisco Partner with decades of experience providing phone support for small businesses. In the vast majority of cases IT problems can be resolved over the phone or through a combination of phone support and secure remote access.
- Extended Hours Support: 24x7 online support is available through Progent's economically priced Extended Hours Support Program, which offers round-the-clock access to the Technical Response Center to minimize network downtime. Services available outside regular business hours include resolving problems with Microsoft-based server products, Windows desktop support, help with Microsoft Office applications, network and system backup and restore, and basic routing and switching support for Cisco networking products.
- Training: Progent's remote training webinars offer small businesses the cost savings, convenience, and flexibility of virtual seminars plus the proven teaching techniques of seasoned instructors using advanced technology to simulate live, interactive classrooms. Progent can provide online training for desktop applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Publisher, Visio, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Adobe Photoshop, and Crystal Reports.
- Security Assessment: Progent's remote Security Inventory Scanning Packages offer small businesses, at an affordable predetermined price, remotely administered scans of external and internal network security. The scanning results are evaluated by Progent's certified security engineers who then create a comprehensive report interpreting the security data and suggesting economical ways to mitigate any security vulnerabilities.
- Disaster Recovery: Progent offers small businesses an array of remotely managed disaster recovery support services that include business continuity planning, designing a resilient network architecture, help with selecting and using low-cost co-location data centers, expertise for installing Microsoft Data Protection Manager for dependable backup and restore, and help with using virtual server technology to minimize recovery time.
- Application Customization and Development: Progent's team of application development consultants offer in-depth knowledge of business application software and development tools. Progent can provide experts to customize and support Microsoft Dynamics accounting and management analytics software as well as applications from other publishers of software for financials, Enterprise Resource Planning, Manufacturing Resource Planning, project accounting, supply chain management, human resources, sales and marketing, retail, and distribution software.
- Network Consulting: Progent offers remote access to world-class consultants who can provide expertise in all facets of network architecture, security, disaster recovery, VoIP and unified communications, messaging and email, wireless infrastructure, server management, virtualization, telecommuting, mobile connectivity, remote offices, and other areas important to small business information networks. Progent's consultants are certified by major platform and infrastructure vendors including Microsoft, Cisco, Apple, Citrix, Juniper, Sun, and various Linux publishers. This breadth of expertise has allowed Progent to become the provider of choice for supporting small business networks that incorporate a mix of platforms and technologies and lack the rigid standardization of big-company IT environments.
Progent provides onsite technical support for registered customers in most zip codes in the United States. Progent's on-site service technicians can operate in conjunction with Progent's remote support experts to provide small and midsize companies with the best of both worlds: hands-on support professionals when you need them plus the on-line help of Progent's seasoned staff of network engineers, security professionals, and business software programmers. Progent can schedule in-person service calls to any major city in every state in the U.S. and the wait time is typically less than 24 hours. Progent requires no sign-up fee or retainer for registering as a Progent client for on-premises support. Examples of on-site support provided by Progent include:
- Computer Installation and Troubleshooting: Progent offers nationwide on-site technical support for common tasks such as troubleshooting and computer or software installation and can usually dispatch a certified technician within 24-hours of receiving a request for service. Because most small business managers are not aware of the large range of technical support issues that can now be resolved remotely, and at a significant savings in time and money, Progent recommends that clients discuss this remote service alternative with Progent's sales representative before scheduling on-site service.
- Temporary Staff Augmentation: If you have special migration or upgrade projects that temporarily require additional IT staff, Progent can supplement your internal organization with experienced technicians and consultants so you can complete special projects on time and within budget.
- Site Relocation: Progent can provide a Microsoft-certified IT consulting expert who can help you plan and manage a seamless move of your IT infrastructure to a new facility, including data center design and setup, project management, ISP and telecommunications carrier selection and coordination, and synchronized system upgrades ó all with comprehensive ongoing support throughout. Progent's site relocation teams can work during off hours and weekends in order to minimize business disruption.
- Temporary CIO Services: If your company is too small to justify a full-time senior IT manager, a part-time CIO offers an affordable solution for developing and executing a comprehensive strategy to maximize the business value of your information system. If you have lost the services of a full-time CIO, a part-time expert can help your network stay productive as you qualify candidates for a permanent position. Progent can connect you with an IT management professional who can provide strategic direction to help you deploy appropriate technology to improve business processes so they align more closely with your corporate goals.
- Consulting: Some IT tasks require on-site expertise, and some managers prefer face-to-face meetings instead of virtual ones. Progent's consultants often deliver on-site service to enterprise customers and in many cases initiate major projects with small businesses on the client's premises. All of Progent's advanced consulting services are available on premises at an added cost.
Progent is a strong believer in the use of colocation data centers to host strategic application servers. No small or mid-size business has the resources to match the computer facilities available at low cost from an abundance of world-class data centers in Northern California. Accordingly, Progent has developed hosting services based on combining enterprise-class data centers with Progent's IT management and support expertise to offer small businesses an affordable solution for achieving the same level of reliability, security, and recoverability that is demanded by the world's largest companies.
Automated Managed Services
- Application Server Hosting: Progent's application hosting services for strategic servers such as Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL Server offer many advantages to small organizations who lack the budgets or personnel to build an advanced in-house data center. Small businesses who rely on Progent to host application servers in enterprise-class data centers accrue multiple benefits including lower capital requirements, ongoing savings on operational costs, less distraction for company management, greater network resilience and recoverability, easier regulatory compliance, plus faster and more thorough disaster recovery.
- Private Cloud Hosting: Progent's Private Cloud hosting service combines proven virtualization technology, a state-of-the-art data center, and the support expertise of Progent's Microsoft Gold Certified engineering team to provide small businesses with a comprehensive IT outsourcing alternative that enhances network dependability and security, eliminates management hassle, and saves money. With Virtual Server Hosting, a small business can have all of its software platforms and critical applications hosted in a secure and fault-tolerant data center on a fast, non-stop virtual host configured and maintained by Progent's network support experts.
Progent's managed services allow small businesses to take advantage of affordable turn-key solutions for critical IT issues that require round-the-clock attention. Progent currently offers managed services for network monitoring, email filtering, and data backup and restoration.
- Network Monitoring: Progent offers small businesses a variety of service packages built around Microsoft's System Center Operations Manager server monitoring software. These service packages include advanced 24x7 server monitoring to detect and automatically rectify existing or potential problems that, if ignored, could result in serious loss of network performance or even in network failure. This proactive approach to IT support ensures higher levels of network availability, security and performance than can be achieved by responding to issues only after they have become crises.
- Email Filtering and Encryption: Progent has worked with top data security companies to offer Email Guard, a hybrid solution that combines cloud and on-premises resources to defend against spam, viruses, Denial of Service (DoS) attacks and other email-based threats. Email Guard offers both inbound and outbound filtering. Data Loss Protection (DLP) and cloud-assisted encryption use custom policies for automatically keeping sensitive information from leaking from your organization via intentional or careless emails. By blocking outbound spam and viruses, Email Guard also helps keep your organization off spam block lists. To assure consistent system performance, Email Guard offers adjustable, threshold-based rate control for inbound and outbound email traffic. Learn more about Progent's Email Guard Spam and Virus Filtering.
- Backup and Restore: Progent's data backup and recovery services are built around Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager support for consistent archiving and rapid restoration. This crucial area of IT management requires a higher level of technical sophistication and crisis-response capability than most small businesses can provide through in-house resources, and Progent's team of Microsoft-certified professionals offer a solution that is both economical and effective.
Progent offers optional 24x7 remote and on-site support as an added cost option for most IT services.
Progent bills for all support and troubleshooting services by the minute and offers substantial discounts for large projects and regularly scheduled service. Rates are based on the qualifications of the personnel who provide the service, which in turn is dependent on the nature of the task. This billing policy can be a major benefit to Progent's customers, because it minimizes the likelihood of paying high rates for simple jobs but still makes it possible to elevate the level of expertise assigned to a task in case of technical complications or expanded requirements.
If your small business network needs any of the support services available from Progent, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Progent Corporation. All rights reserved.