Mid-size businesses with 50-250 network users can typically benefit from an IT support plan that utilizes co-sourcing, i.e., depending on in-house IT personnel for day-to-day network support issues and using external consultants to provide advanced expertise as needed. Small to medium-size businesses can now have all the advantages of System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) ó such as maximum system availability, throughput, and protection ó and also have guaranteed access to Progentís Microsoft and Cisco certified support professionals. With Progent's economically priced network support packages, businesses can choose a basic support package based on SCOM with monitoring, alerts, analytics, Help Desk, and on-location service, or a comprehensive 24x7x365 solution.
System Center Operations Manager automatically scans event logs and performance counters from key sorts and evaluates this data based on a comprehensive internal technical database. When System Center Operations Manager finds potential trouble, it executes special remedial scripts or sends alarms to notify pre-assigned service people. System Center Operations Manager also generates trend reports so you can monitor the performance of your information network. Expertise with System Center Operations Manager and skill in computer system management allows Progent to offer information technology outsourcing packages that are both budget friendly and effective.
Progent offers mid-sized businesses two basic outsourcing service packages built on Microsoft System Center Operations Manager:
For an Acrobat PDF datasheet detailing Progent's Operations Manager-based Network Monitoring options for mid-size businesses, click:
Network Monitoring Packages .
Managed Network Monitoring
If your company has a small internal network group, Progent's co-sourcing service program is an economical way to maximize system availability, throughput, and protection.
Important features of the Managed Network Monitoring Package include:
- Progent performs a requirements assessment and installs SCOM
- Progent assigns an offsite SCOM server to monitor your network
- Support is provided during normal office hours
- Progent's Help Desk service is coordinated with System Center Operations Manager
- System Center Operations Manager alarms are routed to the Progent Help Desk and to primary and secondary Progent computer consultants and emailed your assigned IT personnel
- Progent's Call Center establishes trouble tickets for all significant alerts and monitors the remediation of issues
- Progent's Helpdesk escalates technical help as needed
- Your IT staff is copied on all status information
- Progent remotely monitors, diagnoses, and/or fixes problems
- On-site support escalation is provided in case problems canít be resolved remotely
- Service Level Agreements are contracted
- All tickets are terminated with defined resolution
- Progent provides regular network maintenance including application of service packs and security updates
- Computers and network appliances must be under vendor's on-site warranty service
- Progent advises that you base your IT network on Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 Server or later to optimize system stability and security
Common Service Level Agreements are:
- 1 hour to Call Center contact
- 2 hours to start of troubleshooting by a Progent support specialist, either online or via telephone
- 4 hours for on-site support when service call takes place before 1PM, or, if later, the following business morning
Comprehensive Network Monitoring
For medium-size businesses who need enterprise-level network support but cannot afford the expense of staffing, provisioning, and administering a large internal IT group, Progent's Comprehensive Network Monitoring service program offers 24x7 availability and security for line-of-business applications at affordable cost and minimal management hassle.
Main aspects of Progent's Comprehensive Network Monitoring Package are:
- All features of the Managed Network Monitoring Package including Server Management, Reporting, Helpdesk, and On-location service
- Intended for mission critical eCommerce, global connectivity, or other high-availability situations
- 24x7 support
- Your information network must have a basic level of fault-tolerant configuration. Progent can assist your company to bring your network to a fault-tolerant architecture before 24x7 services commence
- Negotiated Service Level Agreements with specified off-hours support commitments
- Progent's support team will be provisioned to fix trouble on-site or online without the help of your IT staff
Prices for Progent's Outsourcing Packages
Pricing for Progent's Network Monitoring Service Programs are based on the amount of servers being tracked and the service level required by your company. To learn more, contact your Progent support manager.
To find out more about System Center Operations Manager and how Progent can help your company to achieve enterprise-class information system management by utilizing this powerful platform, choose one of the following topics:
For more information about Progent's Network Support Packages, call 1-800-993-9400
or visit Contact Progent.
Progent Corporation. All rights reserved.