Microsoft Gold Certified Consulting
Microsoft Windows 2008 Server R2 Help:
Integration and Technical Support
Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP 1 adds significant improvements to the initial release of Windows Server 2008 in key areas that include server and desktop virtualization, security and performance for branch offices, web services, fault tolerance and availability, management automation, and integration with Windows 7 clients. Available only in 64-bit versions, Windows Server 2008 R2 delivers outstanding levels of performance, security, fault tolerance, expandability, and versatility that accelerate return on investment by lowering equipment and operating costs and improving the productivity of local, remote, and mobile workers.
Progent is a Microsoft Partner with the top-level Gold certification in the Server Platform competency. Progent's network engineers can provide cost-effective remote consulting, technical support, and training services to help you plan, implement, and manage Windows Server 2008 R2 in order to add substantial business value to your information system.
Major Editions of Windows 2008 Server R2
Microsoft offers Windows Server 2008 R2 in versions designed to meet the budgets and operational requirements of businesses of any size. Major editions of Windows Server 2008 R2 include:
Server Core installation options are supported for all these editions of Windows Server 2008 R2 except Foundation. Server Core installations allow you to select only the server roles you need to run specific applications. These minimal configurations reduce physical resource requirements, simplify management by eliminating unnecessary components, and enhance security by shrinking the operating system's attack surface.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation: This entry-level edition is targeted at small businesses looking for an affordable application server that is dependable and secure. Foundation supports 8 GB of RAM, one processor, and 50 Remote Service Gateways but does not include Hyper-V for virtual servers, Failover Clustering for fault tolerance, the Active Directory Federation role for collaboration between organizations. or DirectAccess Management for remote access without a VPN connection.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard: The Standard edition offers small and mid-size businesses a rich feature set that includes Hyper-V and advanced remote access technology but does not support Failover Clustering. The Standard edition supports 32 GB of RAM, 4 processors, one virtual machine in addition to a host, and 250 Remote Service Gateways.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise: The Enterprise edition is designed for businesses who need to minimize downtime for mission-critical applications. High-availability technologies provided in the Enterprise edition and not in the Standard edition include Failover Clustering, cross-file replication, fault-tolerant memory synchronization, and Hot Add Memory. The Enterprise edition supports 2 TB of RAM, 8 processors, 4 virtual machines in addition to the host, and unlimited Remote Service Gateways.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter: This is the premiere edition of Windows Server 2008 R2 for businesses and is targeted at organizations requiring the highest levels of availability and scalability. The Datacenter edition supports 2 TB of RAM, up to 64 processors, unlimited virtual machine licensing, and unlimited Remote Service Gateways. Fault-tolerant technologies supported by the Datacenter edition but not by the Enterprise edition include Hot Replace Memory and Hot Add/Replace Processors.
- Microsoft Web Server 2008 R2: The Web edition of Windows Server 2008 R2 is designed as an affordable, dedicated platform for web applications and services. The Web edition does not include Hyper-V, Failover Clustering, or Remote Service Gateways but does offer advanced remote management. This web-facing server supports 32 GB of RAM and 4 processors and can be virtualized as a guest.
Windows Server 2008 R2 offers a wide range of new capabilities and improved features that impact every aspect of server technology. Progent offers expert consulting to help you assess the business benefits of upgrading to Windows Server 2008 R2, select the version of Windows Server 2008 R2 and server roles that make the most sense for your organization, and follow industry best practices in migrating smoothly and affordably from previous versions of Windows.
Enhancements to Server Virtualization with Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V
Hyper-V is a server role within Windows Server 2008 R2 that provides the technology for building and managing advanced virtual server environments. Hyper-V allows you to run multiple logical servers on a single computer, treating each operating system and its set of applications as though they were running on a dedicated physical server. Hyper-V can dramatically reduce the cost of equipment, power, and space by consolidating hardware. Hyper-V can also reduce development time and risk by making it easy to set up test systems that are logically isolated from your production environment. Another important benefit of Hyper-V is that it allows you to configure affordable and easy-to-manage architectures that incorporate advanced fault-tolerant technologies such as failover clustering to achieve enterprise-class availability and fast recoverability.
Major enhancements to Hyper-V server virtualization include:
Enhancements to Desktop Virtualization with Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Live Migration: This enhancement to Hyper-V depends on the new clustering technology provided in Windows Server 2008 R2 and makes it possible for virtual machines to be moved between nodes within a cluster without losing the network connection or even causing noticeable downtime. An important advantage of Live Migration is that administrators can avoid the disruption and associated productivity loss that can otherwise be caused by scheduled server maintenance.
- Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV): Hyper-V can now utilize Cluster Shared Volume storage to simplify the management and increase the benefits of shared storage. CSV allows Windows servers to share SAN storage under a consistent namespace for all volumes and hosts. When combined with the failover clustering capability of Windows Server 2008 R2, CSV enables Live Migration of virtual machines between nodes within a cluster.
- Dynamic Virtual Machine Storage: With Hyper-V integration services installed on the guest operating system, you can add or remove virtual and physical disk drives while a virtual machine is still running. This makes it possible to reconfigure virtual machines according to changing workload requirements without disrupting business operations.
- Increased Scalability: Hyper-V now supports up to 32 physical processors, 64 logical processors, and 384 virtual machines. This makes it possible to run more processor-intensive workloads and more virtual machines on a physical host and allows you to take full advantage of the latest server hardware for improved server consolidation and reduced space and power requirements in your data center.
- Second Level Translation (SLAT): SLAT takes advantage of the architecture of newer Intel/AMD processors to add an indirection layer between virtual machine memory and physical memory access. This second level of paging improves the performance of virtual machines and, by reducing the load on the Hyper-V Hypervisor, makes it practical to assign more virtual machines to a physical host.
- Jumbo Frames: In early versions of Windows 2008 Server, support for jumbo frames was limited to non-virtual environments. Hyper-V's support for frames of up to 9,014 bytes can improve network performance and reduce CPU utilization for virtualized servers as long as the physical network infrastructure supports jumbo frames.
- Improved Management Tools: Managing virtual data centers is easier thanks to the new Hyper-V Management Console for handling routine tasks, additional pre-written PowerShell cmdlets for automating the administration of Hyper-V virtual machines within clusters, and enhancements to System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 for dynamically pooling, allocating, and managing datacenter resources.
Early versions of Windows Server included Terminal Services to allow remote clients connected via the Internet to run applications hosted on a centrally managed server located at a corporate data center. In Windows Server 2008 R2, Terminal Services has been revamped and renamed Remote Desktop Services (RDS). Microsoft's new Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) that powers RDS simplifies client connectivity, improves performance, strengthens security, streamlines management, expands administrative control, provides a near-transparent user environment, and permits a wide range of managed and unmanaged devices used by authorized clients to access corporate resources.
The basic concept behind desktop virtualization is that remote client machines send keyboard and mouse input to a central server, which returns the appropriate screen images. The advantages of this architecture include the ease with which network administrators can configure applications so they are consistent across an entire workforce, the ability to control access to corporate information, and the rapid deployment of new desktops. RDS goes far towards closing the gap between the user experience running local vs. remote applications while at the same time offering administrators highly granular control over security policies and access rights.
Important new or enhanced features to desktop virtualization provided by Windows Server 2008 R2 include:
Improved Support for Branch Offices
- Microsoft RemoteFX: This integrated feature of RDS uses advanced codecs and hardware-assisted graphics acceleration on the data center host to provide an over-the-Internet experience that matches what users see on their local desktop. RemoteFX features multi-monitor support, Windows Media Player redirection, and bi-directional audio. Remote clients can also use a variety of USB-based devices during virtual desktop sessions.
- RemoteApp and Desktop Connection (RAD): The enhanced RAD makes it simpler for administrators to publish new remote desktops and applications and allows remote users to access them transparently. Close integration with Windows 7 includes a new control panel applet and allows programs and desktops to appear in the Start Menu and connection status to be displayed in the System Tray. This eliminates the major perceptible differences between local and remote applications and provides users with a seamless experience while using RAD-delivered virtual desktops and applications.
- Remote Desktop Web Access: This feature allows a consistent selection of applications to be accessible to users regardless of the desktop operating system they are running. The new default web page supports single sign-on to improve productivity.
- Remote Desktop Virtualization Host: This new RDS role works with Hyper-V and allows administrators to establish personal or pooled virtual desktops. A personal virtual desktop, which is assigned in Active Directory Domain Services, allows a user to customize a virtual desktop and access it simply by logging in. With a virtual desktop pool, an administrator can create a single desktop environment that is identical for all users in a group.
- Fair Share CPU Scheduling: This new RDS feature utilizes the kernel-level scheduler of Windows Server 2008 R2 to distribute CPU time on the fly based on the number of active sessions and their load on the processor. This automates efficient CPU allocation in multi-user environments with dynamic loads.
- Remote Desktop Gateway: RD Gateway eliminates the need for VPN connections to access RDS resources from the Internet. Instead, RD Gateway creates secure connections by tunneling Remote Desktop Protocol over HTTPS. This saves the cost and hassle of managing VPN hardware and software and improves productivity by making it significantly easier for remote users to access corporate resources.
- Configurable Idle and Session Timeouts: RD Gateway allows administrators to disconnect idle sessions or limit session length. This makes it possible to recover resources used by an inactive session. The user can quickly restore the session via RDS without losing session data. Session timeout lets administrators apply changes in user properties or authorization policies to existing sessions.
- Background Session Authentication and Authorization: This new option allows administrators to set the RD Gateway to run periodic silent re-authentication on all current sessions to make sure that any changes to user profiles are enforced promptly. If a user's profile has not changed, the user can continue working without interruption.
- RDS Module for Windows PowerShell: The Remote Desktop Services Module for Windows PowerShell allows administrators to view and configure settings for role services that include publishing and deleting RemoteApp programs, assigning virtual desktops to user accounts, managing RAD virtual desktops or RemoteApp, and configuring RD Gateway Server. Scripting capability makes it possible to automate most RDS administration tasks.
Windows Server 2008 R2 includes new technologies for improving the performance, affordability, fault tolerance, and productivity of networks located at branch offices. BranchCache is a headline feature of Windows Server 2008 R2 that improves the responsiveness of a network at a remote location by creating an on-site cache of content that is frequently downloaded over the Internet by users of Windows 7 desktops. BranchCache works with HTTP/HTTPS and SMB protocols and can cache web data, shared folders, Windows Media, and other applications. To ensure consistency, only read requests are cached. BranchCache can significantly reduce the amount of data that must be transferred over the Internet to a remote office and thereby saves the cost of faster ISP services while improving user productivity. BranchCache can be implemented by using a dedicated server at the remote office to act as a central cache or by using the Windows 7 workstations of office workers as a distributed cache.
New features of Windows Server 2008 R2 that offer enhanced support for branch offices include:
DirectAccess for Remote Connectivity
- Hosted BranchCache: This configuration of BranchCache, which is available only for the Datacenter and Enterprise editions of Windows Server 2008 R2, maximizes network responsiveness at a remote office by using a dedicated server for caching. The Hosted BranchCache computer can run the Server Core option of Windows Server 2008 R2 to reduce hardware requirements and simplify management, or it can run on a full-featured server that hosts other applications.
- Distributed BranchCache: This implementation of BranchCache, supported by all major editions of Windows Server 2008 R2, is suitable for offices with 10 or fewer Windows 7 workstations and does not require a dedicated local server. Instead, the desktop computers of the branch office workers share caching responsibilities and operate within a distributed, peer-to-peer architecture to cache content from the corporate data center.
- Read-only DFS Replicas: This new security feature is similar in concept to the read-only Active Directory Domain Controller introduced in the original version of Windows Server 2008. Network managers can now make read-only copies of data contained in Distributed File System replicas. Branch offices with a weaker security profile than the corporate data center can be limited to read-only access to information replicated using DFS, protecting DFS data from inadvertent or malicious deletion or modification.
- Agile VPN: This new feature improves fault tolerance and network availability at branch offices by allowing network managers to configure multiple paths within a virtual private network tunnel. If a physical connection to the corporate data center fails, Agile VPN can automatically use a different path without terminating the tunnel or requiring the user to reestablish the VPN connection. This avoids an interruption in connectivity and a consequent loss of worker productivity.
This is another new headline technology included in Windows Server 2008 R2 that works with a Windows 7 client. DirectAccess provides secure and transparent remote access to a corporate network without requiring the user to initiate a VPN session. This always-on technology is activated automatically whenever a mobile computer client is connected to the Internet, even if the user has not logged on. This provides a high level of transparency for users of Windows 7 Enterprise or Ultimate Edition who want to access corporate resources such as intranet sites or applications.
DirectAccess uses IPv6 connectivity so clients have globally routable addresses, and implements IPsec security to connect remote users to a DirectAccess server hosted by Windows Server 2008 R2 and located behind the firewall within the corporate data center. DirectAccess needs no client-side installation but relies on Active Directory domain membership and Group Policy settings for configuration, making it easy for administrators to manage remote computers. DirectAccess also makes it simple for network managers to enforce security and system health policies and provides fine granularity for assigning remote users access rights to corporate IT resources.
Important features of DirectAccess include:
Web Platform Improvements and Internet Information Services 7.5
- Transparent Remote Connectivity: Because DirectAccess connects automatically whenever a remote client is attached to the Internet, off-site users can get to their email or other remote resources as easily as if they were directly connected to the corporate network. By eliminating the need for initiating a VPN session, DirectAccess increases the productivity of remote workers.
- Improved Management: DirectAccess allows administrators to manage, monitor, and update remote computers any time the user is connected to the Internet, even if the client is not logged into the corporate network. This makes it possible, for example, to apply new Group Policy settings without requiring any activity on the part of the remote user. In addition, DirectAccess requires no special software installation on the client machine, which simplifies the task of provisioning and maintaining a mobile workforce.
- Enhanced Security: DirectAccess security is based on industry-standard IPsec protocol, which is widely used in VPN solutions. However, DirectAccess has an advantage over IPsec-based VPN connections by supporting optional end-to-end encryption and authentication. DirectAccess can also be combined with Network Access Protection (NAP) to ensure that remote clients comply with system health policies such as the latest security updates and malware definitions. DirectAccess can also be used with smart cards and Active Directory-based PKINT authentication for additional security.
All editions of Windows Server 2008 R2 include a new release of Internet Information Services. IIS 7.5 is an advanced server role for web site hosting and web application development. The new release provides enhanced security, reliability, expandability, and troubleshooting while offering major improvements in automated and remote management. Many familiar extensions to IIS have been both enhanced and integrated into IIS 7.5 such as the rules-based Request Filter Module (formerly called URL Scan), which can block dangerous HTTP requests from being processed by hosted web applications.
The new modular architecture of IIS 7.5 allows you to use Microsoft's Web Platform Installer (Web PI) to customize web servers by removing unneeded modules or adding modules provided by Microsoft, developed in house, or purchased from third-party vendors. These custom server deployments typically have fewer components, which makes them easier to manage, more responsive, and less vulnerable to malicious attacks due to their smaller target area.
Major enhancements to Windows Server 2008 R2 as a web hosting and development platform include:
Enhancements to Failover Clustering and Fault Tolerance in Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows PowerShell Provider: This is a Windows PowerShell snap-in that allows administrators to script routine jobs, execute tasks automatically, and generate aggregated web metrics in real-time from multiple servers. Managers can create their own PowerShell cmdlets or use ones provided by Microsoft to perform a broad range of tasks such as adding, changing, or removing web sites and applications, configuring security, blocking access based on IP address, and archiving IIS settings and content.
- Extensions to IIS Manager: IIS Manager includes a GUI interface for easy access to powerful new features that include the ability to manage advanced settings for FastCGI and ASP.NET applications or configuring address filtering rules. IIS Manager also now includes Configuration Editor for managing any of the system's configuration sections.
- .NET Support for Server Core: The Server Core installation option of Windows Server 2008 R2 now supports the .NET Framework, making it possible to deploy secure, easy-to-manage, and low-overhead web servers that can host ASP.NET applications, perform IIS Manager remote management functions, and execute complex administrative scripts from PowerShell Provider for IIS.
- Improved Support and Troubleshooting Tools: New tools to streamline support and troubleshooting include Configuration Logging for automatically tracking changes to IIS and application configurations, the FastCGI module to help PHP developers debug code using IIS Failed Request Tracing, and the Best Practices Analyzer (BPA) for scanning an IIS 7.5 web server and reporting possible configuration problems.
- More Secure Content Publishing with FTP and WebDAV: The new FTP Publishing Service and WebDAV Extension for IIS 7.5 integrate transparently with IIS 7.5 Manager console to support content publishing using secure sockets layer (SSL) technology. Administrators can use IIS scripting tools like as AppCmd and the IIS PowerShell Provider to manage FTP configuration. WebDAV enhancements make it easier for authors to publish web content securely and can be enabled at the site level, allowing administrators to specify separate security settings for WebDAV authoring.
- Dynamic Caching and Compression: Internet Information Services 7.5 can dramatically improve performance with HTTP compression between the web server and compression-enabled clients, plus kernel and user mode caching for dynamic content. When CPU headroom exists, administrators can simply use global compression for all sites, directories, and files. If the CPU load is too high, IIS 7.5 permits selective HTTP compression for sites and site elements that will have the greatest impact on performance.
Virtualization and clustering are key technologies for world-class fault tolerance and network availability, and the Enterprise and Datacenter editions of Windows introduced important improvements in both these areas. The headline Live Migration capability of Hyper-V, described above, is enabled by the new Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV) feature that is included with Failover Clustering in Windows Server 2008 R2. The new version of Windows Server offers other major improvements to the original Windows Server 2008 Failover Clustering support.
Windows Server 2008 R2 has other improvements to technologies that help keep users productive despite software and equipment failure, planned maintenance, configuration errors, natural disaster, or malicious attack. These improvements to fault tolerance and availability cover a variety of areas including Network Load Balancing, Shadow Copy, and a new Windows Recovery Environment. Network Load Balancing (NLB) has been significantly enhanced with features that include transparent recovery from multi-bit ECC errors in memory and cache, hot-add/replace capability for CPUs and RAM for DHP-supported systems, scaling for up to 256 logical processors, IP Stickiness to provide persistent connections for applications such as shopping carts, full support for both the IPv6 and IPv4 versions of the Internet Protocol, and configurable failover priority for multiple paths between server and storage.
Important improvements to Windows Server 2008 R2 Failover Clustering include:
Improved Management Tools
- Clustered Shared Volumes (CSV): CSV volumes, a new feature of Windows Server 2008 R2, give nodes within a failover cluster simultaneous access to the same logical unit number (LUN). In addition to supporting Live Migration, CSV technology also eliminates the need to reformat SANs and improves the fault tolerance of node connections through the mechanism of dynamic I/O redirection.
- Multi-site Clustering: Windows Server 2008 R2 now supports geographically dispersed clusters to achieve a high level of immunity from natural catastrophes such as floods and earthquakes and also to provide automatic disaster recovery that can get businesses back on line faster than is possible with a cold standby server. Automatic synchronization of applications and cluster changes also make Multi-site Clusters easy to manage.
- Streamlined Cluster Setup and Migration: Effective deployment of Failover Clustering is made easier with the new Best Practices Analyzer for checking the configuration settings for a cluster and cluster nodes, the Cluster Validation Tool for one-step set up of a cluster, and Microsoft's Cluster Migration support for capturing and copying cluster settings and migrating workloads to a new cluster.
- Quorum Resource Fault Tolerance: Windows Server 2008 R2 now allows cluster configurations that eliminate single-point failure for the cluster quorum, a critical component that holds the configuration settings for the entire cluster. Fault tolerance is further enhanced by the ability of the cluster service to isolate defective DLLs in order to protect the cluster.
- Cluster Security: Windows Server 2008 R2 now supports IPsec security between client and cluster nodes as well as between nodes within a cluster nodes, enabling end-to-end data authentication and encryption. For auditing and troubleshooting purposes, it is also now possible to track who accessed a cluster and when the access occurred.
- High Availability Storage: Failover Clustering in Windows Server 2008 R2 now supports GPT disks that exceed 2 terabytes in capacity, giving administrators more flexibility in creating fault-tolerant storage solutions. Availability is improved allowing administrators to change resources dependencies even when the affected resources are in use. Disks can also be verified, repaired, archived, or restored with little or no perceptible cluster disruption.
Server management represents the single largest cost of running a data center and improvements in this area can have a major impact on IT budgets. For most organizations, managing servers locally is prohibitively expensive and logistically impractical. Windows Server 2008 R2 includes important enhancements to remote management of physical and virtual resources, security policy enforcement, and even data center power consumption. New GUI interfaces help system administrators visualize network components and processes, implement changes, monitor system health, and troubleshoot problems. New scripting capabilities save time and money by helping managers automate both routine tasks and complex operations that are particularly prone to human error. In addition, Microsoft's new FCI infrastructure allows automatic, policy-based classification and data management to cut administrative and storage costs and increase the business value of your information network.
Some of the top improvements for server management provided with Windows Server 2008 R2 include:
How Progent Can Help You with Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows File Classification Infrastructure (FCI): FCI allows administrators to classify files automatically based on their content and location in order to improve regulatory compliance, utilize storage more efficiently, and align backup and archiving procedures with real business needs.
- Remote Management Tools: Improvements for remote management in Windows Server 2008 R2 include the integration of various management consoles to work with Server Manager's new remote administration features and the new ability of PowerShell to allow multiple managers to run scripted tasks on the same or many remote computers simultaneously.
- PowerShell Enhancements for Automated Management: PowerShell has been updated with graphical interfaces for creating and debugging scripts, improved security for management data through constrained runspaces, and improved support for porting cmdlets and scripts. PowerShell includes hundreds of new cmdlets that can be combined into scripts for automating administrative, configuration, and diagnostic tasks.
- Managing Active Directory Services Roles: Windows Server 2008 R2 includes identity management improvements for all Active Directory server roles. These improvements include a Recycle Bin for recovering deleted objects, the ability to join a domain without being connected during deployment, support for automatically updating all services that use a service account, and a new task-oriented Active Directory Administrative Center that supports larger datasets for streamlining common administrative tasks.
- Security and Policy Enforcement: In addition to extensive enhancements for managing Active Directory server roles, Windows Server 2008 R2 provides other major improvements to security policy and enforcement. These include new Group Policy preference items that support power plans and scheduled tasks, integration of the Network Access Protection (NAP) client user interface into the Action Center on computers running Windows 7, and easier IPsec server and domain isolation.
Progent's Microsoft Gold-certified consultants can deliver affordable and effective remote consulting and technical support services to help you plan, execute, and maintain Windows Server 2008 R2 deployments. Progent can help you assess the business value of upgrading from earlier versions of Windows Server and can follow industry best practices to ensure a smooth migration to Windows Server 2008 R2.
Progent's Hyper-V virtualization consultants can help you set up a secure virtualized server environment that cuts equipment and data center costs, is easy to manage, and offers a high level of availability and recoverability. Progent's network designers can show you how to provide fast, safe, and reliable connections between your corporate data center and branch offices, telecommuters, and mobile workers. Progent's business continuity experts can help you design, document, and test disaster recovery procedures and can show you economical ways to maximize network uptime despite natural or man-made catastrophes. Progent's cluster technology consultants can assist you to set up and manage fault-tolerant server and storage clusters that incorporate the latest enhancements in Windows Server 2008 R2 and deliver world-class availability and performance at down-to-earth prices.
Progent's certified security engineers can help you define and implement appropriate Windows Server 2008 R2 Group Policy for managing options such as registry-based policy settings, security settings, application installation, administration scripts, folder redirection, and Remote Installation Server. Progent can also perform affordable remote security scans to assess your network's vulnerability to external and internal attacks in order to validate security compliance and protect your information resources.
Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE network engineers, can help you plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot a robust and scalable network infrastructure that provides the protection and performance you need at prices you can afford.
Progent's 64-bit migration experts can help you upgrade cost-effectively to a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 environment by evaluating your current server hardware and software drivers and developing a migration plan that makes efficient use of your existing resources. In addition, Progent can help you move up to 64-bit versions of other Microsoft server platforms including Exchange Server, SQL Server, and SharePoint. Microsoft Gold-certified Windows 7 consultants can assist you to the 64-bit edition of Microsoft Windows 7 and can help you assess the business advantage of upgrading key desktop applications to 64-bit versions.
If you already run Windows Server 2008 R2 and are considering an upgrade to Windows Server 2012 R2, Progent offers affordable and efficient Windows Server 2012 R2 upgrade services.
If you are considering creating of a hybrid network architecture that integrates on-premises resources with public cloud services like those offered by Microsoft Azure, Progent can help you evaluate and deploy Windows Server 2016, which incorporates major elements of Azure technology and is designed to support hybrid networks. See Progent's Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud solutions.
Progent's Online Support Helps Your Business Get Back to Business
Progent is an industry veteran in delivering remote consulting and troubleshooting services and has provided remote support to companies in every state in the United States (Visit Progent's Client Testimonials.) Online consulting and troubleshooting avoids the delay and expense of travel and resolves issues faster than onsite service calls.
If you need urgent online support from a certified engineer, refer to Progent's Emergency Remote Computer Help.
Contact Progent for Help with Windows Server 2008 R2
To get in touch with Progent about consulting or troubleshooting help with technologies associated with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Progent Corporation. All rights reserved.
More topics of interest:
An index of content::
ASA 5500-X Firewall with Firepower IT Consulting Cisco Firepower AVC Remote Consulting
ASA Firewalls Specialists Cisco ASA firewall VPN Network Engineer Irving, Texas
ASA and PIX Firewall Integration Support Technical Consultant
AX Computer Engineer Support and Setup for Microsoft Axapta
Access Contract Programming SQL Server Integration Services Contract Development
Albuquerque Troubleshoot Top Quality Albuquerque, New Mexico Integration Consulting
Antivirus Information Technology Consulting Postini Subscription
Bay Area Consulting Organization San Francisco Information Technology Outsourcing Firms in California
BlackBerry Email Experts Network Consulting Companies for BlackBerry
BlackBerry Email Software Recovery Best Small Office Computer Consultant Phoenix
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Information Technology Consulting Group BlackBerry Professional Software Security Consulting Services Boston Massachusetts
BlackBerry Professional Software Tech Support Small Business IT Support Oakland, CA
BlackBerry Redirector Small Business Network Consulting Services BlackBerry Wireless Network Consulting Group Jacksonville Florida
BlackBerry Software Computer Help Networking Specialist for BlackBerry Enterprise Server
BlackBerry Synchronization Remote Technical Support Palm Beach Gardens, FL BlackBerry Synchronization Computer Consultant
Brisbane On-site and Remote Support Bay Area Consulting Companies
Burlington, Vermont Migration Burlington, Vermont Computer Specialist
CISM Consultant Contractor Job Microsoft MCP Consulting Freelance Jobs in Durham, NC
CISM Network Security Auditing CISM Security Audit Services
CISSP Security Group Security Contractor for Security in Norfolk Virginia Beach
CentOS Linux, Solaris, UNIX Professionals Red Hat Linux, Sun Solaris, UNIX Online Troubleshooting
Chicago Small Office Computer Consultants MS Certified Chicago, IL Support Consultant
Chicago, IL Networking Services Chicago Consulting Companies
Cisco Architecture Outsource Cisco Router Small Business Network Consulting Firm Darien, IL
Cisco Certified Expert Small Business IT Support Computer Outsourcing
Cisco Computer Support Companies Cisco Configuration Services Phoenix, Maricopa County
Cisco Experts ISSAP Certified Security Consultancies ISSAP Certified Secure in Madison, WI
Cisco Firewall integration Consulting Services New Orleans, LA ASA and PIX Firewall On-site Support
Cisco PIX Network Security Audit Virus Removal Firewall Network Install Tacoma, Washington
Cisco Software Consulting Firm Cisco Assessment in Portland, OR, Salem, OR, Eugene, OR, Gresham, OR
Cisco VoIP Phones and CallManager Professional IP phones Integration Support in Philadelphia, PA
Colocation Online Technical Support Cisco Certified Expert Remote Branch Office Network Support Consultants
Colorado Small Business IT Consulting Denver, Colorado Springs, Aurora, Fort Collins Consulting Firm
Consultant Services for Linux Remote Troubleshooting for UNIX Minneapolis, Saint Paul, Rochester, MN
Consultant Services for Windows Server 2008 Hyper-VI San Jose, California Cisco On-site Technical Support in Louisiana
Consultant for BlackBerry Smartphone Network Consulting Firm for BlackBerry BPS Orlando Florida
Consulting Cisco ASA and VMware Consultant Services
Consulting Service for Vermont Cisco Burlington Vermont Migration Consultants
Consulting Services Firm for Exchange Server 2013 Data Recovery for Microsoft Exchange in Chesapeake
Consulting Services for Windows Server 2008 Security Alameda Consultant Services for VMware Cross vCenter NSX
Consulting for Texas Technology Consultant for Plano, Texas
Corpus Christi, Texas Computer Consulting Company Houston, San Antonio, Dallas-Fort-Worth, TX Systems Support
Cupertino Computer Service Companies Santa Clara Support Firm
Debian Linux, Solaris, UNIX Integration Support Red Hat Linux, Solaris, UNIX Online Support Services Irvine
Detroit, Michigan Recovery Services Detroit Computer Network Firms
Dixon System Consulting Services Northern California Solano County Computer Consultancy Services
East Bay IT Outsourcing Firm Pinole Network Administration Northern California
Emergency Phone Support Solution Providers Computer Consulting Companies for Microsoft and Cisco in Memphis Tennessee
Engineer for BlackBerry Redirector BlackBerry Desktop Manager Specialists in Frisco, TX
Engineer for Exchange Hosting Award Winning Hosting for Exchange Consulting Services
Exchange 2010 Server Consulting Services Information Technology Consulting Companies for Exchange Server 2013 Hialeah, FL
Exchange Server 2007 Network Specialists Support Firm for Microsoft Exchange 2016
Firewall Compliance Audit Firewall Security Firm
Firewall Information Technology Consulting Firewall Network Security Testing
Firewall Support for CISSP IT Services Denver, Colorado
Fremont Small Business Server Support Milpitas Technical Support Company in California
Gentoo Linux, Solaris, UNIX Engineer Mandrake Linux, Sun Solaris, UNIX Technology Consulting in Queens, New York
Georgia Small Business Network Consultants Small Business IT Consulting Firms
IT Consultants for Microsoft Operations Manager Honolulu, Hawaii Monitoring and Reporting Support Outsourcing
IT Outsourcing Technical Support Group Emergency Phone Support Computer Consulting Firm
IT Support for Phoenix, AZ Phoenix, Arizona Data Recovery
Illinois Network Security Consulting Illinois Software Consultant
Information Technology Consulting for Juniper Junos Network and Security Manager Juniper Junos os Firewall Configuration in St. Paul, Minnesota
Information Technology Consulting for Windows Server 2008 DirectAccess Small Business Network Consulting Companies for BlackBerry Software in Greenwich Village
Information Technology Integrators for Cisco Cisco Consulting in Scottsdale Arizona
Information Technology Manager Windows 2003 Tech Support in Tampa Florida
Information Technology Outsourcing Company for Wichita Designer for Wichita
Intrusion Detection CISSP Firewall Support Baltimore Downtown
Jacksonville Florida Outsourcing Services Florida - Jacksonville, FL, Miami, FL, Saint Petersburg, FL, Orlando, FL Outsourcing Services
Jobs for MCSA MCDBA MCIPT Engineer Desktop Support Remote Support Job Silicon Valley
Juniper Networks Auditing Security Organization
Local IT Services for Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Small Business Network Computer Systems Consulting Gilbert, AZ
Los Angeles, California Consultancies Los Angeles Online Support Services
MCSE Engineer Freelance Jobs San Rafael, CA Computer Support Full-Time Job
MCSE Expert Certified Microsoft Exchange Cluster Consulting Technical Support Lexington-Fayette, Kentucky
MCSE Expert Certified Windows Server 2008 DirectAccess Network Consultant in San Mateo, CA Install for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
MOM 2005 Computer Consulting Microsoft Certified Expert Computer Engineer for Operations Manager
Mandriva Linux Consultant Services Redhat Linux Specialists
Massachusetts Problem Resolution Massachusetts System Engineers
Microsoft Access scripting Development Companies Microsoft Access desktop Designer
Microsoft Certified Connecticut Small Business Network Consultant Virginia IT Management
Microsoft Certified Expert Remote Consulting Frisco, TX Cryptography Network Consultants Toronto
Microsoft LCS Server Services Support and Setup
Microsoft MCDBA Consulting Part-Time Jobs Microsoft MCDBA Consulting Part Time Job in Salinas
Microsoft MCDBA Remote Consulting Contract Jobs Telecommuting Jobs Dallas Texas
Microsoft MCITP Consulting Job Adams County Colorado Microsoft MCSA Remote Support Part Time Jobs
Microsoft MCP Remote Consultant Full-Time Jobs Work From Home Job for Microsoft MCA Remote Consultant Madison, Dane County
Microsoft MCSA Consultant Subcontractor Jobs Santa Clara County Subcontractor Jobs for Microsoft MCTS Consulting
Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Support and Setup Engineer for Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 in Delaware
Microsoft Remote Support Job Openings Position Ronald Reagan Washington Airport DCA
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Network Support Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Small Business IT Outsourcing Firm
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Technical Consulting Louisville, Jefferson County Global Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Design
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Consultant Services Best Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Remote Support
Microsoft SharePoint 2013 IT Services IT Consulting Seattle
Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Integration Services SharePoint Server 2013 Computer Consultant
Microsoft Support Career Microsoft MCP Engineer Part Time Job in Oakland, CA
Microsoft System Center Migration Support and Setup Microsoft System Center 2007 Support Outsourcing
Microsoft Windows 2003 Network Design Windows 2008 Server IT Technical Support Company Monroe County New York
Microsoft Windows 2003 Networking Organization Des Moines International Airport DSM Setup Consultancy Services for Windows 2003 Server
Microsoft Windows 2008 Consulting Firms Microsoft Windows 2008 Networking Consultant in Detroit
Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Integration San Francisco Information Technology Management
Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 On-site Support SQL Server Server Setup in Ontario Canada
Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade Assessment Windows 7 Migration Technical Support Firms
Microsoft and Cisco Authorized Expert San Francisco Consulting Services Company Millbrae Outsourcing Company California
Network Consulting Firm Migration Consultants Monterey County
Network Consulting Firm for Microsoft SQL 2014 Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Support Firm in San Francisco
Network Consulting Group for Scotts Valley Computer Setup for Santa Cruz in California
Network Consulting for Check Point UTM-1 Edge Check Point Software Consulting Services in San Diego, CA
Networking Firm Administration for Cisco in Arizona
New York, New York Computer Network Consulting company New York, New York System Repair
Newman Tech Expert Integration Specialist for Modesto California
Office 365 Exchange Online and on-premises Exchange IT Services Computer Consultant for Hybrid Office 365 Exchange integration in Charlotte
On-site Support for Redhat Linux, Solaris, UNIX Online Support in Portland - Gresham
On-site Support for SQL Server 2012 AlwaysOn Microsoft Certified PowerPivot for SharePoint IT Consultant
Online HelpDesk Call Center Remote Technical Support Manteca, CA Cisco Network Support Help Desk Computer Consulting
Online Support for Windows 2008 R2 in Baltimore, MD New Orleans, LA Security Security Consultants
Onsite Technical Support Fedora Linux, Sun Solaris, UNIX IT Consulting in Dallas
Onsite Technical Support for Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 in St. Paul Northern California Microsoft Experts Small Business Network Support
Orange, CA Global Windows 2008 R2 Professional Information Technology Consulting for Antivirus in San Antonio, Texas
Outsourcing IT Support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 El Paso County Texas Onsite Computer Services for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
Phoenix, Arizona Technology Consultant Network Installation
Plano, TX Network Admin Companies Computer Consultant
Portland Specialists BlackBerry Desktop Manager IT Consultants Marion County Indiana
Professionals for Long Beach Long Beach, California Computer Network Specialist
Progent Startup Company Technology Consulting Progent Small Business Professional Services Santa Ana
Project Design Consultancy Consulting for Project Design Tuning
RDBMS On-site Support Database Development Services
Ransomeware Rollback Remote Consulting Consultant
Redhat Integration UNIX Troubleshooting in Atlanta, Fulton & Dekalb County, Georgia
Redhat Linux, Sun Solaris, UNIX Consultant Services Gentoo Linux, Sun Solaris, UNIX IT Consultants Pittsburgh, Allegheny County
Remote Consulting for SCCM Asset Inventory Remote Support for SCCM Intune Integration
Remote Troubleshooting IT Services for 802.11ac Migration in Toledo, Ohio
Repair for Cisco Implementation Support in Oregon
SCCM 2007 Application Deployment Network Consultant Help and Support for SCCM 2007 Device Management
SCCM MDM IT Consultants Network Consultants for SCCM Distribution Point
SQL Server 2014 Tech Support Computer Network Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2012
SQL Server Reporting Services Online Support Services Emergency SQL Server 2008 Integration
SUS Consulting Services Consultant Services for WSUS Arlington, TX
San Francisco Computer Support Companies California Network Recovery
San Jose Security Consulting Firm San Jose Information Technology Outsourcing Firms California
San Mateo Software Consulting Services Half Moon Bay Computer Consulting Companies Northern California
Santa Clara Consultancy San Jose Computer Setup
Security Auditing for Firewall Security Firewall Network Install in New York, NY
Security Firewall Audit Security Network Consultant New York
Setup and Support San Jose, CA Cisco Small Business Outsourcing in Boston, MA, Worcester, MA, Springfield, MA, Lowell, MA, Cambridge, MA
SharePoint 2013 Consulting Services Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Technical Support
SharePoint 2013 Specialists SharePoint 2013 Integration Support in Chicago O'Hare International ORD
SharePoint Consulting Services Phoenix, Maricopa County Online Troubleshooting
SharePoint Server 2013 Setup and Support Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 Technology Consulting Services
SharePoint Server 2013 Support and Help Specialist for SharePoint 2013 in General Mitchell Airport Milwaukee MKE
SharePoint Server 2013 Support and Setup Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Specialist Lucas County
Slackware Linux, Sun Solaris, UNIX Consultant Services Mandrake Linux, Solaris, UNIX Online Support
Small Business Small Business IT Outsourcing Services Cisco Certified Small Business Support Organization
Small Office IT Support Cheyenne, WY Network Consulting Firm
Solaris Online Support IT Consultant for Sun Solaris Dallas, TX
Specialist Indianapolis, Indiana Windows 2003 Small Office Network Consulting Services San Antonio Texas
Specialist for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Top Ranked SharePoint Remote Support
Specialists Pittsburgh, PA SharePoint 2013 Integration
Specialists Security Technical Support Services
Sun Solaris Consultants UNIX Information Technology Consulting in Georgetown
Sun Solaris Information Technology Consulting Washington DC Consultants
Support Group Outsourcing Aurora
Support Organizations Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Support Outsourcing in Oakland, CA
Support Outsourcing Computer Consultants for Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 in Omaha
Support and Help for Microsoft SharePoint Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Professionals in Colorado Springs
Support and Setup in Atlanta Port St Lucie Florida IT Outsourcing Consulting Group
Support for CentOS Linux, Solaris, UNIX Nationwide Slackware Linux, Solaris, UNIX Online Consulting
Suse Linux, Sun Solaris, UNIX Professionals Professional for Mandrake Linux, Solaris, UNIX Mesa Phoenix
Tacoma, Washington Tech Consulting Network Installations
Tech Support for Microsoft Office Computer Firms for Microsoft Office XP Fremont, CA
Technical Consultant for System Center DPM Sunnyvale Information Technology Consulting for Microsoft Data Protection Manager
Technical Consulting for Windows Microsoft Windows 2003 Repair in Chicago Illinois
Technical Support Services Global SharePoint Online Support in Northridge
Technical Support Services for Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Microsoft SharePoint Online Consulting in Financial District, New York
Technicians Small Business IT Outsourcing
Technology Consulting Services for Internet Security and Acceleration Server Microsoft ISA Server Computer Engineer
Technology Professional for Herakles Data Center Test Lab Consultant for Disaster Recovery Test Lab
Technology Providers for California California Networking Help
Telecommuter Jobs Global CISSP Consultant Employment Opportunities Van Nuys
Texas Independent Windows Server 2008 DirectAccess On-site Technical Support Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Computer Consultant Yonkers, Westchester County
Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange 2000 Upgrade Integration
Ubuntu Linux, Sun Solaris, UNIX Computer Consultants Outsourcing for CentOS Linux, Solaris, UNIX in Cincinnati Milford
Upgrading for Exchange Server 2013 Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 System Recovery in Seattle Redmond Bellevue
Washington, DC Integration Consulting Computer Systems Consulting for Washington, District of Columbia
Watsonville, CA Windows Server 2008 R2 Support and Integration Microsoft Windows installation and Administration in Pittsburgh California
Wi-Fi RF Coverage Maps Troubleshooting Professionals
Windows 2003 Server Consultancy Firm Maricopa County Arizona Windows Server 2016 Network Installations
Windows 2003 Server Design Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Small Business IT Support Firms
Windows 2003 Server Troubleshoot SF Bay Area Technical Support Organization
Windows 2008 R2 Integration Technology Providers Albuquerque, New Mexico
Windows 2008 R2 Online Troubleshooting Montgomery BlackBerry Email Network Manager
Windows 2008 R2 Technical Support in Nevada Jersey City, Hudson County Online Technical Support
Windows 2008 Server IT Consultants Windows 2008 Server Computer Consultancy Group in Seattle Bainbridge Island Issaquah
Windows Security Computer Services IT Outsourcing Networking Consultants in Maricopa County Arizona
Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Consultants in McKenzie, TN Security Consultant in Orlando
Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Support and Setup in Madison, WI Setup and Support for Exchange 2003 in Napa, CA
Windows Server 2008 BranchCache Services in Paget, Bermuda Technical Consultant for UNIX in Utah
Windows Server 2008 BranchCache Specialist San Francisco Bay Area Healdsburg Computer Network Support Companies in California
Windows Server 2008 DirectAccess Computer Consulting in Winter Park, FL Dynamics GP eConnect Specialists
Windows Server 2008 DirectAccess Online Help Menlo Park, CA Chicago West Side Cisco Onsite Computer Services
Windows Server 2008 DirectAccess Online Support Hialeah Worldwide Progent Start-Up Companies Manager in Point Richmond, CA
Windows Server 2008 DirectAccess Online Technical Support Grand Rapids, MI Alabama - Birmingham, AL, Montgomery, AL, Mobile, AL, Huntsville, AL Solaris Support and Help
Windows Server 2008 DirectAccess Support LA Contractor Job for Microsoft Consultant
Windows Server 2008 Hyper-VI Troubleshooting in Fort Worth, Texas Sonoma County Support Organizations California
Windows Server 2008 R2 Support and Help San Francisco Design Consultants
Windows Server 2008 Security Online Consulting Internet Networking Consultants
Windows Server 2008 Security Online Support Services Emergency BlackBerry Wireless Consulting Companies