Microsoft Certified Consulting
MS Windows 2008 Server R2 Expertise:
Consulting and Troubleshooting
Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP 1 adds significant improvements to the initial release of Windows Server 2008 in key areas that include server and desktop virtualization, security and performance for branch offices, web services, fault tolerance and availability, management automation, and integration with Windows 7 clients. Available only in 64-bit versions, Windows Server 2008 R2 delivers outstanding levels of performance, security, fault tolerance, expandability, and versatility that accelerate return on investment by lowering equipment and operating costs and improving the productivity of local, remote, and mobile workers.
Progent is a Microsoft Partner with the top-level Gold certification in the Server Platform competency. Progent's network engineers can provide cost-effective remote consulting, technical support, and training services to help you plan, implement, and manage Windows Server 2008 R2 in order to add substantial business value to your information system.
Major Editions of Windows 2008 Server R2
Microsoft offers Windows Server 2008 R2 in versions designed to meet the budgets and operational requirements of businesses of any size. Major editions of Windows Server 2008 R2 include:
Server Core installation options are supported for all these editions of Windows Server 2008 R2 except Foundation. Server Core installations allow you to select only the server roles you need to run specific applications. These minimal configurations reduce physical resource requirements, simplify management by eliminating unnecessary components, and enhance security by shrinking the operating system's attack surface.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation: This entry-level edition is targeted at small businesses looking for an affordable application server that is dependable and secure. Foundation supports 8 GB of RAM, one processor, and 50 Remote Service Gateways but does not include Hyper-V for virtual servers, Failover Clustering for fault tolerance, the Active Directory Federation role for collaboration between organizations. or DirectAccess Management for remote access without a VPN connection.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard: The Standard edition offers small and mid-size businesses a rich feature set that includes Hyper-V and advanced remote access technology but does not support Failover Clustering. The Standard edition supports 32 GB of RAM, 4 processors, one virtual machine in addition to a host, and 250 Remote Service Gateways.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise: The Enterprise edition is designed for businesses who need to minimize downtime for mission-critical applications. High-availability technologies provided in the Enterprise edition and not in the Standard edition include Failover Clustering, cross-file replication, fault-tolerant memory synchronization, and Hot Add Memory. The Enterprise edition supports 2 TB of RAM, 8 processors, 4 virtual machines in addition to the host, and unlimited Remote Service Gateways.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter: This is the premiere edition of Windows Server 2008 R2 for businesses and is targeted at organizations requiring the highest levels of availability and scalability. The Datacenter edition supports 2 TB of RAM, up to 64 processors, unlimited virtual machine licensing, and unlimited Remote Service Gateways. Fault-tolerant technologies supported by the Datacenter edition but not by the Enterprise edition include Hot Replace Memory and Hot Add/Replace Processors.
- Microsoft Web Server 2008 R2: The Web edition of Windows Server 2008 R2 is designed as an affordable, dedicated platform for web applications and services. The Web edition does not include Hyper-V, Failover Clustering, or Remote Service Gateways but does offer advanced remote management. This web-facing server supports 32 GB of RAM and 4 processors and can be virtualized as a guest.
Windows Server 2008 R2 offers a wide range of new capabilities and improved features that impact every aspect of server technology. Progent offers expert consulting to help you assess the business benefits of upgrading to Windows Server 2008 R2, select the version of Windows Server 2008 R2 and server roles that make the most sense for your organization, and follow industry best practices in migrating smoothly and affordably from previous versions of Windows.
Enhancements to Server Virtualization with Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V
Hyper-V is a server role within Windows Server 2008 R2 that provides the technology for building and managing advanced virtual server environments. Hyper-V allows you to run multiple logical servers on a single computer, treating each operating system and its set of applications as though they were running on a dedicated physical server. Hyper-V can dramatically reduce the cost of equipment, power, and space by consolidating hardware. Hyper-V can also reduce development time and risk by making it easy to set up test systems that are logically isolated from your production environment. Another important benefit of Hyper-V is that it allows you to configure affordable and easy-to-manage architectures that incorporate advanced fault-tolerant technologies such as failover clustering to achieve enterprise-class availability and fast recoverability.
Major enhancements to Hyper-V server virtualization include:
Enhancements to Desktop Virtualization with Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Live Migration: This enhancement to Hyper-V depends on the new clustering technology provided in Windows Server 2008 R2 and makes it possible for virtual machines to be moved between nodes within a cluster without losing the network connection or even causing noticeable downtime. An important advantage of Live Migration is that administrators can avoid the disruption and associated productivity loss that can otherwise be caused by scheduled server maintenance.
- Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV): Hyper-V can now utilize Cluster Shared Volume storage to simplify the management and increase the benefits of shared storage. CSV allows Windows servers to share SAN storage under a consistent namespace for all volumes and hosts. When combined with the failover clustering capability of Windows Server 2008 R2, CSV enables Live Migration of virtual machines between nodes within a cluster.
- Dynamic Virtual Machine Storage: With Hyper-V integration services installed on the guest operating system, you can add or remove virtual and physical disk drives while a virtual machine is still running. This makes it possible to reconfigure virtual machines according to changing workload requirements without disrupting business operations.
- Increased Scalability: Hyper-V now supports up to 32 physical processors, 64 logical processors, and 384 virtual machines. This makes it possible to run more processor-intensive workloads and more virtual machines on a physical host and allows you to take full advantage of the latest server hardware for improved server consolidation and reduced space and power requirements in your data center.
- Second Level Translation (SLAT): SLAT takes advantage of the architecture of newer Intel/AMD processors to add an indirection layer between virtual machine memory and physical memory access. This second level of paging improves the performance of virtual machines and, by reducing the load on the Hyper-V Hypervisor, makes it practical to assign more virtual machines to a physical host.
- Jumbo Frames: In early versions of Windows 2008 Server, support for jumbo frames was limited to non-virtual environments. Hyper-V's support for frames of up to 9,014 bytes can improve network performance and reduce CPU utilization for virtualized servers as long as the physical network infrastructure supports jumbo frames.
- Improved Management Tools: Managing virtual data centers is easier thanks to the new Hyper-V Management Console for handling routine tasks, additional pre-written PowerShell cmdlets for automating the administration of Hyper-V virtual machines within clusters, and enhancements to System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 for dynamically pooling, allocating, and managing datacenter resources.
Early versions of Windows Server included Terminal Services to allow remote clients connected via the Internet to run applications hosted on a centrally managed server located at a corporate data center. In Windows Server 2008 R2, Terminal Services has been revamped and renamed Remote Desktop Services (RDS). Microsoft's new Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) that powers RDS simplifies client connectivity, improves performance, strengthens security, streamlines management, expands administrative control, provides a near-transparent user environment, and permits a wide range of managed and unmanaged devices used by authorized clients to access corporate resources.
The basic concept behind desktop virtualization is that remote client machines send keyboard and mouse input to a central server, which returns the appropriate screen images. The advantages of this architecture include the ease with which network administrators can configure applications so they are consistent across an entire workforce, the ability to control access to corporate information, and the rapid deployment of new desktops. RDS goes far towards closing the gap between the user experience running local vs. remote applications while at the same time offering administrators highly granular control over security policies and access rights.
Important new or enhanced features to desktop virtualization provided by Windows Server 2008 R2 include:
Improved Support for Branch Offices
- Microsoft RemoteFX: This integrated feature of RDS uses advanced codecs and hardware-assisted graphics acceleration on the data center host to provide an over-the-Internet experience that matches what users see on their local desktop. RemoteFX features multi-monitor support, Windows Media Player redirection, and bi-directional audio. Remote clients can also use a variety of USB-based devices during virtual desktop sessions.
- RemoteApp and Desktop Connection (RAD): The enhanced RAD makes it simpler for administrators to publish new remote desktops and applications and allows remote users to access them transparently. Close integration with Windows 7 includes a new control panel applet and allows programs and desktops to appear in the Start Menu and connection status to be displayed in the System Tray. This eliminates the major perceptible differences between local and remote applications and provides users with a seamless experience while using RAD-delivered virtual desktops and applications.
- Remote Desktop Web Access: This feature allows a consistent selection of applications to be accessible to users regardless of the desktop operating system they are running. The new default web page supports single sign-on to improve productivity.
- Remote Desktop Virtualization Host: This new RDS role works with Hyper-V and allows administrators to establish personal or pooled virtual desktops. A personal virtual desktop, which is assigned in Active Directory Domain Services, allows a user to customize a virtual desktop and access it simply by logging in. With a virtual desktop pool, an administrator can create a single desktop environment that is identical for all users in a group.
- Fair Share CPU Scheduling: This new RDS feature utilizes the kernel-level scheduler of Windows Server 2008 R2 to distribute CPU time on the fly based on the number of active sessions and their load on the processor. This automates efficient CPU allocation in multi-user environments with dynamic loads.
- Remote Desktop Gateway: RD Gateway eliminates the need for VPN connections to access RDS resources from the Internet. Instead, RD Gateway creates secure connections by tunneling Remote Desktop Protocol over HTTPS. This saves the cost and hassle of managing VPN hardware and software and improves productivity by making it significantly easier for remote users to access corporate resources.
- Configurable Idle and Session Timeouts: RD Gateway allows administrators to disconnect idle sessions or limit session length. This makes it possible to recover resources used by an inactive session. The user can quickly restore the session via RDS without losing session data. Session timeout lets administrators apply changes in user properties or authorization policies to existing sessions.
- Background Session Authentication and Authorization: This new option allows administrators to set the RD Gateway to run periodic silent re-authentication on all current sessions to make sure that any changes to user profiles are enforced promptly. If a user's profile has not changed, the user can continue working without interruption.
- RDS Module for Windows PowerShell: The Remote Desktop Services Module for Windows PowerShell allows administrators to view and configure settings for role services that include publishing and deleting RemoteApp programs, assigning virtual desktops to user accounts, managing RAD virtual desktops or RemoteApp, and configuring RD Gateway Server. Scripting capability makes it possible to automate most RDS administration tasks.
Windows Server 2008 R2 includes new technologies for improving the performance, affordability, fault tolerance, and productivity of networks located at branch offices. BranchCache is a headline feature of Windows Server 2008 R2 that improves the responsiveness of a network at a remote location by creating an on-site cache of content that is frequently downloaded over the Internet by users of Windows 7 desktops. BranchCache works with HTTP/HTTPS and SMB protocols and can cache web data, shared folders, Windows Media, and other applications. To ensure consistency, only read requests are cached. BranchCache can significantly reduce the amount of data that must be transferred over the Internet to a remote office and thereby saves the cost of faster ISP services while improving user productivity. BranchCache can be implemented by using a dedicated server at the remote office to act as a central cache or by using the Windows 7 workstations of office workers as a distributed cache.
New features of Windows Server 2008 R2 that offer enhanced support for branch offices include:
DirectAccess for Remote Connectivity
- Hosted BranchCache: This configuration of BranchCache, which is available only for the Datacenter and Enterprise editions of Windows Server 2008 R2, maximizes network responsiveness at a remote office by using a dedicated server for caching. The Hosted BranchCache computer can run the Server Core option of Windows Server 2008 R2 to reduce hardware requirements and simplify management, or it can run on a full-featured server that hosts other applications.
- Distributed BranchCache: This implementation of BranchCache, supported by all major editions of Windows Server 2008 R2, is suitable for offices with 10 or fewer Windows 7 workstations and does not require a dedicated local server. Instead, the desktop computers of the branch office workers share caching responsibilities and operate within a distributed, peer-to-peer architecture to cache content from the corporate data center.
- Read-only DFS Replicas: This new security feature is similar in concept to the read-only Active Directory Domain Controller introduced in the original version of Windows Server 2008. Network managers can now make read-only copies of data contained in Distributed File System replicas. Branch offices with a weaker security profile than the corporate data center can be limited to read-only access to information replicated using DFS, protecting DFS data from inadvertent or malicious deletion or modification.
- Agile VPN: This new feature improves fault tolerance and network availability at branch offices by allowing network managers to configure multiple paths within a virtual private network tunnel. If a physical connection to the corporate data center fails, Agile VPN can automatically use a different path without terminating the tunnel or requiring the user to reestablish the VPN connection. This avoids an interruption in connectivity and a consequent loss of worker productivity.
This is another new headline technology included in Windows Server 2008 R2 that works with a Windows 7 client. DirectAccess provides secure and transparent remote access to a corporate network without requiring the user to initiate a VPN session. This always-on technology is activated automatically whenever a mobile computer client is connected to the Internet, even if the user has not logged on. This provides a high level of transparency for users of Windows 7 Enterprise or Ultimate Edition who want to access corporate resources such as intranet sites or applications.
DirectAccess uses IPv6 connectivity so clients have globally routable addresses, and implements IPsec security to connect remote users to a DirectAccess server hosted by Windows Server 2008 R2 and located behind the firewall within the corporate data center. DirectAccess needs no client-side installation but relies on Active Directory domain membership and Group Policy settings for configuration, making it easy for administrators to manage remote computers. DirectAccess also makes it simple for network managers to enforce security and system health policies and provides fine granularity for assigning remote users access rights to corporate IT resources.
Important features of DirectAccess include:
Web Platform Improvements and Internet Information Services 7.5
- Transparent Remote Connectivity: Because DirectAccess connects automatically whenever a remote client is attached to the Internet, off-site users can get to their email or other remote resources as easily as if they were directly connected to the corporate network. By eliminating the need for initiating a VPN session, DirectAccess increases the productivity of remote workers.
- Improved Management: DirectAccess allows administrators to manage, monitor, and update remote computers any time the user is connected to the Internet, even if the client is not logged into the corporate network. This makes it possible, for example, to apply new Group Policy settings without requiring any activity on the part of the remote user. In addition, DirectAccess requires no special software installation on the client machine, which simplifies the task of provisioning and maintaining a mobile workforce.
- Enhanced Security: DirectAccess security is based on industry-standard IPsec protocol, which is widely used in VPN solutions. However, DirectAccess has an advantage over IPsec-based VPN connections by supporting optional end-to-end encryption and authentication. DirectAccess can also be combined with Network Access Protection (NAP) to ensure that remote clients comply with system health policies such as the latest security updates and malware definitions. DirectAccess can also be used with smart cards and Active Directory-based PKINT authentication for additional security.
All editions of Windows Server 2008 R2 include a new release of Internet Information Services. IIS 7.5 is an advanced server role for web site hosting and web application development. The new release provides enhanced security, reliability, expandability, and troubleshooting while offering major improvements in automated and remote management. Many familiar extensions to IIS have been both enhanced and integrated into IIS 7.5 such as the rules-based Request Filter Module (formerly called URL Scan), which can block dangerous HTTP requests from being processed by hosted web applications.
The new modular architecture of IIS 7.5 allows you to use Microsoft's Web Platform Installer (Web PI) to customize web servers by removing unneeded modules or adding modules provided by Microsoft, developed in house, or purchased from third-party vendors. These custom server deployments typically have fewer components, which makes them easier to manage, more responsive, and less vulnerable to malicious attacks due to their smaller target area.
Major enhancements to Windows Server 2008 R2 as a web hosting and development platform include:
Enhancements to Failover Clustering and Fault Tolerance in Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows PowerShell Provider: This is a Windows PowerShell snap-in that allows administrators to script routine jobs, execute tasks automatically, and generate aggregated web metrics in real-time from multiple servers. Managers can create their own PowerShell cmdlets or use ones provided by Microsoft to perform a broad range of tasks such as adding, changing, or removing web sites and applications, configuring security, blocking access based on IP address, and archiving IIS settings and content.
- Extensions to IIS Manager: IIS Manager includes a GUI interface for easy access to powerful new features that include the ability to manage advanced settings for FastCGI and ASP.NET applications or configuring address filtering rules. IIS Manager also now includes Configuration Editor for managing any of the system's configuration sections.
- .NET Support for Server Core: The Server Core installation option of Windows Server 2008 R2 now supports the .NET Framework, making it possible to deploy secure, easy-to-manage, and low-overhead web servers that can host ASP.NET applications, perform IIS Manager remote management functions, and execute complex administrative scripts from PowerShell Provider for IIS.
- Improved Support and Troubleshooting Tools: New tools to streamline support and troubleshooting include Configuration Logging for automatically tracking changes to IIS and application configurations, the FastCGI module to help PHP developers debug code using IIS Failed Request Tracing, and the Best Practices Analyzer (BPA) for scanning an IIS 7.5 web server and reporting possible configuration problems.
- More Secure Content Publishing with FTP and WebDAV: The new FTP Publishing Service and WebDAV Extension for IIS 7.5 integrate transparently with IIS 7.5 Manager console to support content publishing using secure sockets layer (SSL) technology. Administrators can use IIS scripting tools like as AppCmd and the IIS PowerShell Provider to manage FTP configuration. WebDAV enhancements make it easier for authors to publish web content securely and can be enabled at the site level, allowing administrators to specify separate security settings for WebDAV authoring.
- Dynamic Caching and Compression: Internet Information Services 7.5 can dramatically improve performance with HTTP compression between the web server and compression-enabled clients, plus kernel and user mode caching for dynamic content. When CPU headroom exists, administrators can simply use global compression for all sites, directories, and files. If the CPU load is too high, IIS 7.5 permits selective HTTP compression for sites and site elements that will have the greatest impact on performance.
Virtualization and clustering are key technologies for world-class fault tolerance and network availability, and the Enterprise and Datacenter editions of Windows introduced important improvements in both these areas. The headline Live Migration capability of Hyper-V, described above, is enabled by the new Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV) feature that is included with Failover Clustering in Windows Server 2008 R2. The new version of Windows Server offers other major improvements to the original Windows Server 2008 Failover Clustering support.
Windows Server 2008 R2 has other improvements to technologies that help keep users productive despite software and equipment failure, planned maintenance, configuration errors, natural disaster, or malicious attack. These improvements to fault tolerance and availability cover a variety of areas including Network Load Balancing, Shadow Copy, and a new Windows Recovery Environment. Network Load Balancing (NLB) has been significantly enhanced with features that include transparent recovery from multi-bit ECC errors in memory and cache, hot-add/replace capability for CPUs and RAM for DHP-supported systems, scaling for up to 256 logical processors, IP Stickiness to provide persistent connections for applications such as shopping carts, full support for both the IPv6 and IPv4 versions of the Internet Protocol, and configurable failover priority for multiple paths between server and storage.
Important improvements to Windows Server 2008 R2 Failover Clustering include:
Improved Management Tools
- Clustered Shared Volumes (CSV): CSV volumes, a new feature of Windows Server 2008 R2, give nodes within a failover cluster simultaneous access to the same logical unit number (LUN). In addition to supporting Live Migration, CSV technology also eliminates the need to reformat SANs and improves the fault tolerance of node connections through the mechanism of dynamic I/O redirection.
- Multi-site Clustering: Windows Server 2008 R2 now supports geographically dispersed clusters to achieve a high level of immunity from natural catastrophes such as floods and earthquakes and also to provide automatic disaster recovery that can get businesses back on line faster than is possible with a cold standby server. Automatic synchronization of applications and cluster changes also make Multi-site Clusters easy to manage.
- Streamlined Cluster Setup and Migration: Effective deployment of Failover Clustering is made easier with the new Best Practices Analyzer for checking the configuration settings for a cluster and cluster nodes, the Cluster Validation Tool for one-step set up of a cluster, and Microsoft's Cluster Migration support for capturing and copying cluster settings and migrating workloads to a new cluster.
- Quorum Resource Fault Tolerance: Windows Server 2008 R2 now allows cluster configurations that eliminate single-point failure for the cluster quorum, a critical component that holds the configuration settings for the entire cluster. Fault tolerance is further enhanced by the ability of the cluster service to isolate defective DLLs in order to protect the cluster.
- Cluster Security: Windows Server 2008 R2 now supports IPsec security between client and cluster nodes as well as between nodes within a cluster nodes, enabling end-to-end data authentication and encryption. For auditing and troubleshooting purposes, it is also now possible to track who accessed a cluster and when the access occurred.
- High Availability Storage: Failover Clustering in Windows Server 2008 R2 now supports GPT disks that exceed 2 terabytes in capacity, giving administrators more flexibility in creating fault-tolerant storage solutions. Availability is improved allowing administrators to change resources dependencies even when the affected resources are in use. Disks can also be verified, repaired, archived, or restored with little or no perceptible cluster disruption.
Server management represents the single largest cost of running a data center and improvements in this area can have a major impact on IT budgets. For most organizations, managing servers locally is prohibitively expensive and logistically impractical. Windows Server 2008 R2 includes important enhancements to remote management of physical and virtual resources, security policy enforcement, and even data center power consumption. New GUI interfaces help system administrators visualize network components and processes, implement changes, monitor system health, and troubleshoot problems. New scripting capabilities save time and money by helping managers automate both routine tasks and complex operations that are particularly prone to human error. In addition, Microsoft's new FCI infrastructure allows automatic, policy-based classification and data management to cut administrative and storage costs and increase the business value of your information network.
Some of the top improvements for server management provided with Windows Server 2008 R2 include:
How Progent Can Help You with Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows File Classification Infrastructure (FCI): FCI allows administrators to classify files automatically based on their content and location in order to improve regulatory compliance, utilize storage more efficiently, and align backup and archiving procedures with real business needs.
- Remote Management Tools: Improvements for remote management in Windows Server 2008 R2 include the integration of various management consoles to work with Server Manager's new remote administration features and the new ability of PowerShell to allow multiple managers to run scripted tasks on the same or many remote computers simultaneously.
- PowerShell Enhancements for Automated Management: PowerShell has been updated with graphical interfaces for creating and debugging scripts, improved security for management data through constrained runspaces, and improved support for porting cmdlets and scripts. PowerShell includes hundreds of new cmdlets that can be combined into scripts for automating administrative, configuration, and diagnostic tasks.
- Managing Active Directory Services Roles: Windows Server 2008 R2 includes identity management improvements for all Active Directory server roles. These improvements include a Recycle Bin for recovering deleted objects, the ability to join a domain without being connected during deployment, support for automatically updating all services that use a service account, and a new task-oriented Active Directory Administrative Center that supports larger datasets for streamlining common administrative tasks.
- Security and Policy Enforcement: In addition to extensive enhancements for managing Active Directory server roles, Windows Server 2008 R2 provides other major improvements to security policy and enforcement. These include new Group Policy preference items that support power plans and scheduled tasks, integration of the Network Access Protection (NAP) client user interface into the Action Center on computers running Windows 7, and easier IPsec server and domain isolation.
Progent's Microsoft Gold-certified consultants can deliver affordable and effective remote consulting and technical support services to help you plan, execute, and maintain Windows Server 2008 R2 deployments. Progent can help you assess the business value of upgrading from earlier versions of Windows Server and can follow industry best practices to ensure a smooth migration to Windows Server 2008 R2.
Progent's Hyper-V virtualization consultants can help you set up a secure virtualized server environment that cuts equipment and data center costs, is easy to manage, and offers a high level of availability and recoverability. Progent's network designers can show you how to provide fast, safe, and reliable connections between your corporate data center and branch offices, telecommuters, and mobile workers. Progent's business continuity experts can help you design, document, and test disaster recovery procedures and can show you economical ways to maximize network uptime despite natural or man-made catastrophes. Progent's cluster technology consultants can assist you to set up and manage fault-tolerant server and storage clusters that incorporate the latest enhancements in Windows Server 2008 R2 and deliver world-class availability and performance at down-to-earth prices.
Progent's certified security engineers can help you define and implement appropriate Windows Server 2008 R2 Group Policy for managing options such as registry-based policy settings, security settings, application installation, administration scripts, folder redirection, and Remote Installation Server. Progent can also perform affordable remote security scans to assess your network's vulnerability to external and internal attacks in order to validate security compliance and protect your information resources.
Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE network engineers, can help you plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot a robust and scalable network infrastructure that provides the protection and performance you need at prices you can afford.
Progent's 64-bit migration experts can help you upgrade cost-effectively to a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 environment by evaluating your current server hardware and software drivers and developing a migration plan that makes efficient use of your existing resources. In addition, Progent can help you move up to 64-bit versions of other Microsoft server platforms including Exchange Server, SQL Server, and SharePoint. Microsoft Gold-certified Windows 7 consultants can assist you to the 64-bit edition of Microsoft Windows 7 and can help you assess the business advantage of upgrading key desktop applications to 64-bit versions.
If you already run Windows Server 2008 R2 and are considering an upgrade to Windows Server 2012 R2, Progent offers affordable and efficient Windows Server 2012 R2 upgrade services.
If you are considering creating of a hybrid network architecture that integrates on-premises resources with public cloud services like those offered by Microsoft Azure, Progent can help you evaluate and deploy Windows Server 2016, which incorporates major elements of Azure technology and is designed to support hybrid networks. See Progent's Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud solutions.
Progent's Online Support Helps Your Business Get Back to Business
Progent is an industry veteran in delivering remote consulting and troubleshooting services and has provided remote support to companies in every state in the United States (Visit Progent's Client Testimonials.) Online consulting and troubleshooting avoids the delay and expense of travel and resolves issues faster than onsite service calls.
If you need urgent online support from a certified engineer, refer to Progent's Emergency Remote Computer Help.
Contact Progent for Help with Windows Server 2008 R2
To get in touch with Progent about consulting or troubleshooting help with technologies associated with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Progent Corporation. All rights reserved.
More topics of interest:
An index of content::
2500 Wireless Controller Integration Online Technical Support for Wireless Access Point Walnut Creek
64-bit Computing Professionals 64-bit Processing Specialist
Anchorage, AK Windows Server 2008 R2 Outsourcing Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 IT Consulting Group Western New York Rochester
Apple Mac and Windows Support Outsourcing Remote Support Services for Windows and Macintosh
Aurora Computer Support Consultants On-site and Remote Support for Aurora, Colorado
Bay Area Computer Network Support Group San Francisco Integration Companies Northern California
Belmont Security Consultant Computer Network Companies for Burlingame in California
BlackBerry BES Server Service Providers Computer Consulting Company for BlackBerry Software in Raleigh Wake Forest Garner Cary
BlackBerry Professional Software Network Architect Firms Networking Consultant for BlackBerry Redirector in Kansas City Missouri
BlackBerry Professional Software Outsourced IT Support BlackBerry Smartphone Network Services in Orlando
BlackBerry Redirector IT Consulting Companies Network Outsource for BlackBerry Email
BlackBerry Redirector Manage BlackBerry Software Problem Resolution
BlackBerry Software Small Business Computer Consultant IT Management in Duval County Florida
BlackBerry Wireless Server Consulting BlackBerry BPS Small Business IT Consultant Omaha, Douglas County
Branch Location Consulting Services Microsoft Experts Integration Support in Richmond
CCIE Certified VPN Support and Help Help and Support for Cisco RADIUS Security Milpitas, CA
CISA Security Certified Expert Billings, MT, Missoula, MT, Great Falls, MT, Bozeman, MT Network Recovery Montana Security Consulting Firms
CISM Security Certified Boston, New England, Massachusetts Network Services Massachusetts Small Business Server Support
CISSP Forensics Services CISSP Network Security Audit in Downtown Miami
CISSP Network Consultants Charlotte, North Carolina Security Security Auditing
Career Lexington Blue Grass Airport LEX Employment
CentOS Linux, Solaris, UNIX Network Consultants Fedora Linux, Solaris, UNIX Support and Help in South Florida
Charlotte, North Carolina Windows Server 2008 R2 Outsourcing Long Beach Southern California BlackBerry BES Server Computer Consulting Group
Chesapeake Support Organizations Cisco and Microsoft Certified Implementation Services
Cincinnati, Ohio Computer Consulting Companies Cincinnati, Ohio Computer Network Support Company
Cisco CDP Engineer Cisco Small Business series NSS2000 Computer Consultants
Cisco Certified Partner Network Design for Austin, Texas Houston Texas Migration Companies
Cisco Computer Network Consultant Outsourcing IT Support in Winston-Salem, NC
Cisco Consulting Job Work At Home Job for Cisco Engineers in Omaha, Nebraska
Cisco Firewall integration Consultant Help and Support Omaha
Cisco IT Consulting Onsite and Remote Support in Miami Florida
Cisco Management Information Technology Consulting Firms Security Consulting Firm
Cisco Management Software Consulting Services Cisco CCIE Online Computer Service Companies
Cisco Migration Consultant Support Organizations for Cisco
Cisco Tech Cisco Network Engineer Denver Mile High City
Cisco VoIP Small Business Computer Consultant Cisco VoIP Network Admin Companies
Cisco and Microsoft Fremont System Consultants Fremont Design in California
Cisco firewall IPS Integration ASA 5500-X Firewall with Firepower Engineer in Grand Rapids, MI
Cleveland Microsoft Certified Expert Windows 2008 R2 Online Help CISSP Consultant Positions
Computer Consulting Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Integration Services Glendale
Computer Consulting Firm for Microsoft Exchange 2016 Technical Services Seattle Bainbridge Island Issaquah
Computer Consulting for Windows Server 2008 R2 Bay Area, North Bay, East Bay, Silicon Valley, California Telecommuting Job Oakland, CA
Computer Networking for Cisco Cisco Computer Network Consultant Virginia - Virginia Beach, VA, Norfolk, VA, Chesapeake, VA, Richmond, VA
Computer Security Consulting Job Openings Denver Mile High City Virtual Office Job
Configuration for Microsoft Exchange Upgrade Exchange Server 2003 Upgrade Online Support Sunnyvale, CA
Consultancy Firms for Windows 7 Migration Engineer in Yonkers, NY
Consultant Castro Valley, CA Richmond, VA Microsoft Mac and Linux Desktop Server Consultant
Consultant Services for Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Wireless On-site Technical Support
Consultant for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Lincoln, Nebraska IT Consultants for SQL Server Analysis Services Philadelphia
Consultant in Santa Ana, CA Consulting for Blackberry Yakima, WA
Consulting Group for Cupertino Silicon valley Computer Services California
Consulting Service for BlackBerry Wireless Integration Companies in Mobile Bay, Alabama
Consulting for Newark Cisco Certified Newark Consolidate California
Dallas, TX Design Company Dallas Network Support Companies
Data Center Colocation Small Business Specialist Co-Location Facility Information Technology Manager in Lower East Side, New York, NYC
Data center Management Automation Consultant Microsoft System Center Migration Online Troubleshooting
Des Moines, Iowa Networking Support Des Moines, IA Computer Support For Small Offices
Durham, NC Network Design Consultant Information Technology Outsourcing Firms for Durham, NC
Dynamics GP 2015 SQL Server Integration Services Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 Custom Programming Professional
Dynamics GP App Development Integration Companies Dynamics GP Customization Engineer
Email Virus Filtering Professionals Email Data Leakage Prevention Consulting
Emergency Phone Support Support Group Emergency Phone Support Online Consulting in Lowell Framingham Newton Somerville
Engineer CentOS Linux, Solaris, UNIX Technical Consultant
Engineer Small Business IT Outsourcing Services for New York City, Buffalo, Rochester, NY
Engineer for Gentoo Linux Des Moines Debian Linux Professionals
Entourage Train Education for Office PowerPoint for Mac
Exchange 2003 On-site Technical Support Exchange 2003 Server Upgrade Consultant in Turlock, CA
Exchange 2013 Voice Mail Professional Exchange 2013 Integration Support Outsourcing
External Network Security Scan Consultancy Consultant
Fedora Linux, Sun Solaris, UNIX Consultant Services Slackware Linux, Solaris, UNIX Technical Support Services Jacksonville, FL
Fedora Linux, Sun Solaris, UNIX Technology Consulting Services El Paso Troubleshooting for Ubuntu Linux, Solaris, UNIX
Firewall Firewall Configuration Firewall Security Audits in Los Angeles, Southern California
Firewall Security Companies Security Audit Services DC
Firewall Security Team IT Services
Freelance Cisco CCIE Contractor Work From Home Job Independent MRP Consultant Contractor Job
Freelancing Jobs for Network Consulting Network Consultant Subcontractor in San Leandro, CA
Help Desk Online Troubleshooting Help Desk Software Selection and Deployment Remote Support Services
Help Desk Software Selection and Deployment IT Services Support and Setup for Helpdesk
Help and Support for Exchange 2003 Upgrade Exchange 2003 Server Migration Consultants
Herndon, VA Microsoft Experts Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Network Engineer Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Technical Firms
Houston, Texas Consulting Organization Outsourcing IT for Houston, TX
IT Consultants for Windows Server 2008 Active Directory in Riverside, CA Microsoft Exchange 2016 Network Services
IT Consulting Company for Cisco Kirtland Air Force Base Cisco Technology Consultancy Firm
IT Consulting for BlackBerry BES Server Irving Texas BlackBerry Email Online Consulting
IT Consulting for Windows 2008 R2 Security Protection in North Dakota
IT Outsourcing Network Specialist Networking Repairing
IT Services Raleigh, NC Juniper Security Appliances Security Certification Massachusetts
Idaho Windows 2008 R2 Technology Consulting Services Wyoming Network Consultant
Implementation Consulting Companies for South San Francisco Support Organizations for Bay Area
Implementation Support Los Angeles, California Network Support Companies
Integration Consultants for Monterey County Network Security Consulting in California
Integration Services Backup and Restore Integration Support Bakersfield, CA
Integration Services for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Online Technical Support for SharePoint Server 2013 in Santa Clara County
Integration Support for Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Sun Solaris Support Outsourcing
Integration for Amazon Marketplace Web Service integration Amazon Marketplace Web Service programming Reports
Irving, Texas Technical Firms Irving, TX Computer Consultancy Firms
Jersey City Windows 2008 R2 Online Troubleshooting Remote Remote Technical Support for Gentoo Linux, Solaris, UNIX Western New York Rochester
Juniper SA6500 SSL VPN Intrusion Detection Compliance Auditor for Juniper SSL VPN Router
Kansas City Small Office Computer Consulting IT Consulting Firm
Las Vegas Data Recovery Help
Linux Consulting Services Support and Setup for Sun Solaris
Linux Troubleshooting UNIX IT Consultants
Local Windows 2008 R2 Remote Support Services Redwood City, CA Information Technology Consulting Firms for Exchange 2007
Long Beach Computer Consultants for Windows Server 2008 DirectAccess Cisco CCIE Remote Outsourced IT Support
Los Angeles IT Consultants Network Service for Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA Outsourcing Technical Support Los Angeles, CA Repair Installation
MCSE Expert Certified Exchange 2007 Server Specialist Expert Microsoft Certified Exchange 2007 Help and Support
MCSE Expert Certified Specialists for Windows Server 2008 BranchCache in Yakima, WA Boise Cisco Migration Company
MCSE MCSA MCDBA MCIPT MCA Consulting Contract Jobs Computer Engineer Part Time Jobs
MCSE MCSA MCDBA MCIPT MCA Remote Consulting Subcontractor Job Freelance Jobs Aurora Colorado
MS Certified IT Technical Support Company Microsoft and Cisco Certified Los Angeles, California Small Office Computer Consultants
Madison, WI Computer Consultancy Firm Madison Computer Network Support Group
Miami Windows Server 2008 Security Integration Support Santa Clara Network Support Service
Microsoft Certified Gold Partner Network Installations Network Consulting Firm Minneapolis
Microsoft Certified Implementation Services for Morgan Hill Gilroy Network Installation in Northern California
Microsoft Certified Virtual Machine Manager Support Services Support and Help San Jose
Microsoft Dynamics SL Application Consultants Santa Ana, California Axapta Information Technology Consulting
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 IT Specialists Exchange Server 2016 Networking Consultancy Services Downtown Dallas
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Migration Online Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Migration Technology Consulting Chicago, Illinois
Microsoft Expert Windows 2008 R2 Remote Support in San Francisco Bay Area, Northern California Computer Network Consultants for Help Desk
Microsoft MCDBA Consulting Subcontractor Job Cisco CCVP Network Support Part Time Jobs Buffalo, NY
Microsoft MCDBA Remote Consultant Telecommuting Job MCSE Engineer Subcontractor Jobs Fresno California
Microsoft MCSA Remote Support Work At Home Job Microsoft MCTS Remote Consulting Freelance Jobs in City of Washington
Microsoft Management Reporter Consulting Designer for ASP
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Networking Support Network Administration for Microsoft SQL Server 2008
Microsoft SQL Server Networking Companies Network Consulting Experts Twin Cities, Minnesota
Microsoft SharePoint Professionals Top Quality Microsoft SharePoint Server On-site Support Hayward, CA
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Outsourcing Remote Consulting in South Plains Lubbock
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Technical Consultant Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Computer Consultants Irving Dallas Plano
Microsoft SharePoint Server Engineer SharePoint Server 2007 Remote Consulting in NY City
Microsoft Windows 2003 Consultancy Firm Microsoft Windows 2008 Consulting Elgin, Illinois
Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Onsite Technical Support Microsoft, Cisco and Security Certified Experts Specialists for 64-bit Computing
Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Support Outsourcing CISSP Network Security Auditor
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Consult Baton Rouge, Louisiana Network Manager for San Ramon in Northern California
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Consultant Services in Anaheim Exchange Server 2013 Tech Consultants Des Moines
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Professional in Newark, NJ Exchange 2003 Server Small Office Server Support San Diego
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Specialist Linux Onsite Technical Support Salt Lake City, UT, West Valley City, UT, Provo, UT, Sandy, UT
Microsoft and Apple Technical Support Firm Microsoft and Apple Small Business IT Support
Monitoring and Reporting Network Engineer RMM IT Consultant
Monterey County MCSE Expert Certified Windows Server 2008 DirectAccess Professional Redhat Consulting
Montgomery, Alabama System Repair Montgomery, AL Software Outsourcing Consultant
Network Consultant Independent Consulting Services in Virginia Beach Virginia
Network Consultant for CISSP Security Technical Support
Network Consultants for SharePoint Server 2013 Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Engineer in Detroit Michigan
Network Consulting Texas Linux Integration Support
Network Consulting Companies for BlackBerry Downtown Dallas Network Support Companies
Network Consulting Company for Cisco Firewall Cisco Architecture Technical Consultants
Network Design Exchange Server 2016 Technical Services Portland
Network Engineer IT Consultant for Exchange 2013 Backup and Restore Portland
Network Engineer for Windows Server 2008 DirectAccess in Jersey City, New Jersey Monroe County New York Microsoft SQL 2008 Computer Network Consulting
Network Security Consultant for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Downtown Dallas Exchange 2007 System Consulting Services
Network Support for Microsoft SQL Server Anchorage Muldoon Mall Remote Technical Support for SQL 2014
Networking Consultant for Networking Microsoft and Apple Outsource IT
New Orleans, LA Tech Outsourcing New Orleans, Louisiana Networking Services
New York, NY Consulting Firm Server Consultant
North Carolina Outsourced IT Services Charlotte North Carolina Consultant Services
Oakland, CA Windows Server 2008 DirectAccess Consulting Migration Company for Massachusetts - Boston, MA, Worcester, MA, Springfield,MA, Lowell, MA, Cambridge, MA
Office Wireless Computer Consultants Information Technology Consulting for Building-to-building Wireless Fresno
Online Help for Gentoo Linux, Sun Solaris, UNIX Des Moines Iowa Ubuntu Linux, Solaris, UNIX Remote Troubleshooting
Online Support MCSE Engineer Employment Santa Ana, CA
Online Support Services for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Support and Integration for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 in San Francisco
Online Support for SharePoint Microsoft SharePoint Support Outsourcing in Fresno
Onsite and Remote Support for Cisco Cisco Small Office IT Consulting New Jersey
Outsourced IT Services Phoenix, AZ Consulting Firm
PC Consulting for Iowa Network Consulting Service for Des Moines Iowa
Petaluma Consultancy Firm Sonoma County Information Technology Support in California
Plano, Texas Security Consulting Services Plano, Texas Outsourcing Company
Redhat Linux, Solaris, UNIX Onsite Technical Support Debian Linux, Solaris, UNIX Remote Troubleshooting
Redhat Technology Consulting Services Atlanta, Fulton & Dekalb County, Georgia UNIX IT Consulting
Remote Help Desk Design Company Local Microsoft and Apple Network Engineers in Will County Illinois
Remote Technical Support for Exchange Server 2003 Microsoft Exchange 2003 Upgrade IT Consulting in Montgomery, Alabama
Rhode Island Windows Server 2008 R2 Support and Setup Small Business IT Outsourcing Firm in California
SQL 2008 Technical Consultant Microsoft SQL 2008 Server Technical Support
SQL 2014 Computer Consultancy Companies SQL 2012 Networking Consultants
SQL 2014 Consolidate Microsoft SQL 2014 Computer Network Support Company Aurora, Denver, Boulder
SQL Server 2008 Remote Consulting MS SQL Server Specialist
SQL Server 2012 Network Consulting Company Albuquerque New Mexico Microsoft SQL 2008 Migration Company
SQL Server 2012 Networking Firm SF Bay Area Best Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Small Business IT Consulting Group
SUS Consult Windows Server Update Services Consult in Santa Clara, CA
San Francisco, California Windows Server 2008 DirectAccess Technical Support Services Security Computer Security Specialist in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
San Jose IT Service Provider San Jose On-Call Services
Security Consultants for CISM CISM Certified IT Services Waltham, MA
Security Consulting Firms for Cisco Server Setup for Cisco
Security Consulting Firms for Cisco Lubbock County Texas Cisco Small Business Network Consultants
Security Firewall Configure Security Contractors in Summit County Ohio
Security Plan Security Firms Auditor for Computer Security
Security Protection CISSP Security Organizations Augusta
Security Security Organization CISSP Technical Support
Server Consultant for Emergency Phone Support Pomona Hacienda Heights Willowbrook Westmont Small Business Network Migration Company
Services for BlackBerry Email BlackBerry BPS Computer Systems Consulting in Charlotte
SharePoint Online Onsite Technical Support Computer Consultants for SharePoint 2013 Community Sites
SharePoint Server IT Consultants Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Support Outsourcing
SharePoint Server IT Consultants SharePoint 2010 Integration Support
Small Business Computer Consultants IT Outsource for Orlando
Small Business Computer Consulting Services for Oregon Consulting Group for Oregon - Portland, OR, Salem, OR, Eugene, OR, Gresham, OR
Small Business IT Outsourcing Company for BlackBerry Email Computer Support Companies for BlackBerry BPS in Energy Corridor, Houston
Small Office Computer Consultant for Sonoma County California Sonoma County Computer Network Support Firms
Small Office IT Consultant for Boston, MA Urgent Boston, Massachusetts Networking Companies
Small Office Network Consulting Cisco Architecture Small Business Computer Consulting Company
Specialists in Petaluma Fedora Linux, Solaris, UNIX Professionals
Stanislaus County Computer Support Consultants Hughson IT Consultants California
Sun Solaris Remote Troubleshooting Specialist for UNIX in New York, New York
Support Companies for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 IT Outsource Tacoma, WA
Support Firm San Leandro BlackBerry BES Small Office IT Support
Support Outsourcing The Woodlands, TX Solaris Online Technical Support Nevada
Support and Help for Redhat Linux, Solaris, UNIX Mandrake Linux, Solaris, UNIX Configuration in Portland - Tualatin
Support and Setup Mountain View, California Cisco Small Business Network Consultant Scottsdale, Maricopa County
Symantec Firewall Technology Consulting Services Network Security Auditing for Symantec Raptor
Tacoma Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Integration Support CentOS Linux, Sun Solaris, UNIX Remote Support in Georgetown
Tampa, FL Small Business IT Consulting Company Tampa, Florida Tech
Tech Services for BlackBerry Wireless BlackBerry Email Consolidation Dallas, TX
Technical Support Companies for IT Outsourcing Network Support in Hollywood
Technical Support Firm for Austin, Texas Professional Services for Austin, TX
Technical Support Firm for Cisco Cisco Small Business Computer Consulting Firms in Montgomery Huntsville
Technical Support Firm for San Francisco Migration for Bay Area
Technical Support Firms for Cisco Salt Lake City, UT Integration Firm
Technical Support Firms for Jacksonville Florida Computer Service Companies for Florida
Technical Support Services Florida Professionals for SharePoint
Technician for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Small Business Computer Consulting Group
Technology Consultant for SQL Server Support Specialist for Microsoft SQL Server Portland
Technology Consulting for Cisco VoIP Phones and Jabber VoIP Phones Network Consultants in San Diego, California
Technology Professional Oklahoma Montana Small Business Computer Consulting Group
Technology Providers for Cisco Cisco Support Outsourcing Services
Telecommuting Jobs MCSE MCSA MCDBA MCIPT MCA Consulting Telecommuter Jobs Mill Valley, Corte Madera CA
Testing Firewall Forensics Services
Troubleshooting Small Business Network Small Business Specialist Wake County North Carolina
Troubleshooting for Windows Server 2008 R2 in Arizona SQL Server 2014 Consolidation in Kern County California
UNIX Consultant California - Los Angeles, CA, San Diego, CA, Long Beach, CA, Fresno, CA Linux Online Technical Support
Washington, District of Columbia Information Technology Consulting Firm Outsourced IT Management Services for Washington
Windows 2003 Network Assessment Microsoft Windows 2008 Manager Denver, CO
Windows 2003 Server Integration Windows 2003 Professional
Windows 2008 R2 Support Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Microsoft SBS 2008 Professional in Las Vegas, NV
Windows 2008 R2 Technical Support Waltham, MA Small Office Network Consultants for Washington, District of Columbia
Windows 2008 R2 Technical Support in Rancho Cordova, CA Expert
Windows 2008 Server Network Engineer Windows Server 2016 Consultancy Services Company in Twin Cities, Minnesota
Windows 2008 Server Remote Support Services Windows Server 2016 Outsourcing in Cleveland Public Square
Windows 8.1 Upgrade Consult Configure for Windows 8.1 DirectAccess in Pleasant Hill, CA
Windows Server 2008 DirectAccess Consultant Worldwide Florida Setup
Windows Server 2008 DirectAccess On-site Technical Support in Rolling Meadows, IL Migration Consultant for San Francisco
Windows Server 2008 DirectAccess Technical Support Ohio Network Documentation
Windows Server 2008 DirectAccess Technology Consulting Austin CISSP Security Organization in Southern California San Diego
Windows Server 2008 Hyper-VI Integration Support Anaheim, California Cisco CCIE CCNA CCDP CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP Support Telecommute Job in Upper East Side, New York
Windows Server 2008 Hyper-VI Remote Support in Long Beach, CA Worcester Microsoft Computer Software Consultants
Windows Server 2008 Hyper-VI Setup and Support in Boston, MA California East Palo Alto Network Support Technician
Windows Server 2008 R2 Computer Consultants Pittsburgh Consulting in Houston, TX
Windows Server 2008 R2 IT Consultants Milwaukee, WI Award Winning Telecommuter Jobs for Computer Engineer in Napa Valley
Windows Server 2008 R2 Network Consulting Louisville, Kentucky Technical Support
Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Support Augusta-Richmond County, Georgia Cisco Experts New York Networking Support
Windows Server 2008 Security Consultants Denver, CO, Colorado Springs, CO, Aurora, CO, Lakewood, CO Network Support Group
Windows Server 2008 Security Network Consultant Phoenix, AZ Technical Support Services for CISSP
Windows Server 2008 Security Support and Integration Orlando, FL Security Firewall Network Install
Windows Server 2012 R2 Consulting Services Company Windows Server 2003 Computer Consultancy Group San Jose
Windows Server 2016 Security and Compliance Setup and Support IT Consulting
Wisconsin Systems Engineer Small Business Computer Consulting Group for Wisconsin
Work From Home Job Part-Time Job Redwood City, CA