Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel are likely to take longer to become aware of a penetration and are least able to organize a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can manage within a target's system, the more time it takes to recover basic IT services and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist organizations to carry out the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can assist organizations in the Santa Rosa area to locate and isolate breached devices and protect undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Available in Santa Rosa
Current strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any accessible backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and effectively throws the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a ransom fee in exchange for the decryption tools needed to recover encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and hackers demand an additional ransom in exchange for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you can rollback your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a major issue according to the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware attack has a number of distinct stages, most of which can proceed in parallel if the response team has enough people with the required experience.
- Containment: This time-critical first response requires blocking the sideways progress of the attack across your network. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to run unrestricted, the more complex and more costly the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Containment activities include cutting off infected endpoints from the rest of network to restrict the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a basic useful level of capability with the least delay. This process is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This activity also requires the broadest array of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and safe endpoint access. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced workgroup tools to organize the complicated restoration process. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's managers and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to put vital services back online as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to restore files damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can take down pivotal databases which, if not gracefully closed, may need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to find clean data. For example, non-encrypted OST files may exist on employees' PCs and notebooks that were off line during the assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can assist you to utilize immutability for cloud storage, allowing tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by any user including administrators. Immutable storage adds another level of protection and restoration ability in the event of a successful ransomware attack.
- Implementing advanced AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the identical anti-virus tools implemented by some of the world's largest corporations such as Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware filtering, detection, mitigation, recovery and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM cuts total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Services include determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; receiving, learning, and operating the decryptor utility; debugging failed files; building a pristine environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to match precisely their pre-encryption state; and reprovisioning computers and software services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights shortcomings in policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key activities like business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting Services in Santa Rosa
For ransomware recovery consulting services in the Santa Rosa metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.