Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when support personnel may take longer to recognize a penetration and are least able to mount a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to manage within a victim's network, the longer it takes to recover basic operations and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to carry out the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware engineers can assist organizations in the Santa Rosa area to locate and quarantine infected devices and protect clean assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Offered in Santa Rosa
Current strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and invade any accessible system restores. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and basically sets the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a ransom payment for the decryptors required to unlock encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate information and TAs require an extra settlement for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you can rollback your system to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can be a major problem depending on the nature of the stolen data.
The restoration process after a ransomware penetration has several crucial stages, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the response team has enough people with the required experience.
- Containment: This time-critical initial step involves arresting the sideways spread of the attack within your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to run unrestricted, the longer and more costly the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response engineers. Quarantine activities include isolating infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a minimal acceptable level of capability with the least downtime. This process is typically the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This activity also requires the widest array of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and safe remote access. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to coordinate the complicated recovery effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's managers and IT staff to prioritize activity and to get vital services on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to recover data impacted by a ransomware attack depends on the state of the network, the number of files that are affected, and which restore methods are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy key databases which, if not properly closed, might have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other mission-critical applications are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to locate undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff PCs and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can help you to deploy immutability for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including administrators. This provides another level of protection and restoration ability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Setting up advanced AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the same AV tools deployed by some of the world's biggest enterprises including Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware filtering, detection, mitigation, restoration and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring lowers total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Activities include establishing the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and schedule with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryptor tool; troubleshooting failed files; building a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-encryption condition; and reprovisioning computers and services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at uncovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes like business resumption are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting in Santa Rosa
For ransomware cleanup consulting services in the Santa Rosa metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.