Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and late at night, when IT staff may be slower to become aware of a breach and are less able to mount a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can manage within a victim's system, the longer it takes to recover basic operations and scrambled files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist organizations to take the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Santa Rosa area to locate and isolate infected devices and guard undamaged resources from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Santa Rosa
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and attack any available backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system recovery almost impossible and basically sets the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a settlement fee for the decryptors required to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate information and TAs demand an extra settlement in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a major issue depending on the nature of the downloaded information.
The recovery process subsequent to ransomware attack involves several distinct stages, the majority of which can proceed in parallel if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the necessary experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first response involves arresting the lateral spread of ransomware across your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to run unchecked, the more complex and more costly the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery engineers. Quarantine processes include cutting off affected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a minimal acceptable level of functionality with the least downtime. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their company. This project also demands the widest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network topology, and secure endpoint access management. Progent's recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration tools to organize the multi-faceted restoration process. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's management and IT staff to prioritize activity and to put vital resources back online as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The work required to recover data impacted by a ransomware attack depends on the condition of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and what recovery techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy pivotal databases which, if not gracefully closed, might have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many ERP and other mission-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to find undamaged data. For example, undamaged OST files may exist on employees' PCs and notebooks that were not connected during the ransomware assault.
- Implementing advanced AV/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the same anti-virus tools used by some of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware blocking, classification, mitigation, restoration and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring lowers TCO, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a certified SentinelOne Partner. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Activities consist of determining the type of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and schedule with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; acquiring, learning, and using the decryptor utility; troubleshooting failed files; creating a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to match exactly their pre-attack state; and reprovisioning machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves learning the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights weaknesses in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for changes. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensics can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes like operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of IT and data security experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP application software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Services in Santa Rosa
For ransomware system recovery consulting in the Santa Rosa metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.