Progent: Technology Solutions for the Progressive Enterprise
For more than 20 years, Progent's IT experts have been the premier source of affordable integration, troubleshooting and development services for networks that incorporate technologies from Microsoft, Cisco, Apple, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent is unique in offering fast online access to top-tier consultants and has delivered online help to clients in every state in the U.S.
Headquartered in San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, Progent has also assembled full-service consulting teams capable of providing onsite expertise in dozens of metropolitan areas across the U.S. and Canada including New York City, Dallas, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco, Vancouver and Toronto.
Whether your business needs brief assistance for a stubborn technical problem or 24x7 managed services, Progent is the smart choice for supplementing your in-house IT staff with world-class talent.
IT Support Models to Match Your Needs and Budget
Progent offers a range of IT support models to meet virtually any client's technical needs and budget. If you're looking for occasional guidance from a subject matter specialist or urgent support from a desktop technician or network infrastructure engineer, Progent offers online access to seasoned IT experts at a per-minute billing rate. If you want turn-key outsourcing of a specific area of network management such as backup/recovery or active security monitoring, Progent offers the extensive ProSight suite of managed services, which are available on a subscription basis for a low monthly rate. Progent also offers specially priced packages of one-time services such as ransomware vulnerability assessment or stealth penetration testing. Progent's expertise in online support and troubleshooting and Progent's investment in the industry's most advanced remote monitoring and management (RMM) tools allow smaller organizations with little if any fulltime IT staff to benefit from the same level of support as major enterprises with large IT management and support organizations.
Traditional delivery of IT support services to small businesses relies on the efforts of a local consultant on whom a client company relies for virtually all network assistance. This onsite model is fraught with problems due to the absence of a complementary remote support organization. Many issues that could be resolved immediately via a skilled team of remote support engineers are often unnecessarily prolonged while waiting for a local consultant to show up in person. The resulting losses in productivity are often compounded by a cost structure that typically requires minimum onsite charges that can turn a 10-minute problem into a 2-hour invoice. Progent's business model of billing by the minute for a la carte consulting and charging only for service actually delivered allows Progent's remote support experts to solve hundreds of small problems daily at the lowest possible cost. Further, the confidence of having ready access to a large team of network professionals makes it feasible for small organizations to take on strategic IT projects like cloud integration that they might otherwise shy away from for fear of having inadequate technical resources.
Progent's Value Proposition
Progent has built a roster of top technology experts across the US and Canada. Many IT support organizations have pursued a path of cost reduction by outsourcing expertise to countries where labor is cheap but where language and cultural barriers pose significant challenges to providing effective support. Progent has succeeded by leveraging a proven, state-of-the art virtual office infrastructure and an efficient remote support model to provide one of the best value propositions available to small and mid-size businesses. Progent's engineers know how to work effectively with a company's in-house support personnel to deliver fast solutions that minimize both consulting fees and lost productivity due to network downtime.
In-depth Expertise Saves Time and Money
Progent's team of around 150 consultants includes IT generalists together with subject matter experts (SMEs), making it possible for clients to get the most efficient and cost-effective IT support possible. Rather than having IT generalists flail around with niche technologies with which they may have little experience, Progent's first-level support personnel can escalate problems to veteran consultants. We draw on their deep technical knowledge to deal with complex issues. We follow industry best practices to provide solutions that build a solid foundation for today's requirements and future growth.
24x7 Ransomware Hotline: Call 800-462-8800
Ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and at night, when IT personnel are least able to mount a quick and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware can achieve within a victim's network, the longer it will take to restore core IT services and files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web. Progent's Ransomware Hot Line lets you quickly carry out the urgent first steps in mitigating a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware experts can rapidly identify and isolate infected devices and keep clean assets from being contaminated. Progent also offers a full set of ransomware recovery services to get you back in business with minimal delay. If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's 24-hour Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
The ProSight Suite of Managed Services
Progent has partnered with world-class network management technology companies to create the ProSight family of remote network monitoring and services management. These subscription-based service offerings are designed to provide small and mid-size businesses with budget-friendly, enterprise-class solutions for all major aspects of network management, cybersecurity, and information assurance.
Key Facts About Progent
- ProSight Email Guard inbound and outbound spam filtering, data leakage protection, and email content filtering
- ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense powered by SentinelOne AI
- ProSight Enhanced Security Protection cloud and hybrid network protection for virtual and physical endpoints
- ProSight Data Protection Services fully managed cloud backup and disaster recovery services
- ProSight WAN Watch network infrastructure monitoring and management
- ProSight LAN Watch server and desktop monitoring and management
- ProSight IT Asset Management centrally documented resources, expirations, passwords, configurations, and procedures
- ProSight Patch Management for tracking, testing, scheduling and installing patches for critical software and firmware
- ProSight Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for access security, endpoint health checking, protected single sign-on (SSO)
Download the About Progent Backgrounder
- Progent is based in Silicon Valley, CA, the home of information technology giants like Cisco, Google, Apple, Intel, Facebook and VMware. This creative, fast-paced environment attracts and nurtures experts who are the best in the business, enabling Progent to provide clients access to consultants with world-class skills in developing, deploying and managing cutting-edge IT solutions.
- Progent's founder and chief technologist, Les Kent, was the architect for a Windows network application that won Microsoft's “Best Application of the Year Award.” Mr. Kent, a 35-year IT industry veteran and a former contributing editor of Infoworld magazine, has designed and implemented hundreds of innovative business solutions.
- Progent is a Gold-certified Microsoft Partner and can give your business fast access to consultants with expertise in all Microsoft platforms including Windows Server, Hyper-V, Exchange and Outlook, SQL Server, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Dynamics, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft 365. Progent can help you maintain legacy versions of Microsoft software, even products no longer supported by Microsoft like Windows Server 2008. Progent can also help you evaluate the business value of new product releases and assist you to plan and carry out an efficient migration to the latest Microsoft technology.
- Progent can provide quick online access to a Cisco-certified CCIE engineer or Juniper Networks JNCIE expert so you can get immediate help for urgent network problems beyond the scope of your regular IT support resources. Progent's CCIE and JNCIE consultants can establish secure remote connections to your system and use advanced network monitoring, analysis and troubleshooting tools to provide quick and affordable fixes to infrastructure problems.
- Progent can help you integrate and manage your on-premises facilities, branch offices, telecommuters, and mobile workers with public cloud resources like Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and Google Cloud. By creating a hybrid network ecosystem that seamlessly incorporates cross-platform resources that includes local and cloud-based assets, Progent can help you optimize productivity and minimize cost for your information network.
- Progent offers expertise in all aspects of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration solutions, cloud integration, Call Desk services for telecommuters, endpoint security monitoring, backup/restore support for data protection, and unified management. Progent can also help you to implement and manage hybrid solutions that allow employees to mix home office and traditional corporate office work environments.
- Progent's security services include comprehensive security audits, disaster recovery and business continuity planning, virus protection and mitigation, ransomware defensen and recovery, spam filtering, data leakage protection, firewall configuration, active monitoring, automatic fault isolation and forensics, and email encryption. Advanced certifications earned by Progent's security team include CISA, CISM, CISSP, GIAC, and ISSAP.
- Progent has the tools to conduct a wireless site survey remotely, making it affordable for you to optimize your Wi-Fi environment with precise placement and proper configuration of access points and other Wi-Fi infrastructure.
- Progent can help you plan and manage an efficient move of your IT infrastructure to a new facility, including data center design and setup, project management, ISP and telecommunications carrier selection and coordination, cloud integration, and coordinated system upgrades - all with comprehensive support as well as thorough testing and documentation.
To view or download the About Progent backgrounder in PDF format, click:
About Progent backgrounder. (PDF - 226 KB)
Contact Progent for IT Consulting or Troubleshooting Expertise
If your business needs IT consulting services:
Call 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
For urgent troubleshooting or desktop support or to find out how to get in touch by phone with a Cisco-certified CCIE for fast assistance with your network infrastructure, visit Progent's Urgent Support.