Progent: Technology Solutions for the Progressive Enterprise
For more than 20 years, Progent's Microsoft and Cisco-certified computer support experts have been a reliable source of online and onsite IT consulting services for businesses of all sizes throughout the U.S. Progentís Technical Response Center (TRC) offers phone support and remote troubleshooting for networks based on technology from Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Juniper, VMware and other leading technology providers. Progent has participated in the virtualization, cloud computing and DevOps revolutions and has the experience to help you plan and deploy any networking model and resolve the most challenging IT problems quickly and affordably.
Progent is a pioneer in providing remote technical support and consulting and has delivered online help to clients in every state in the U.S. Progent has also assembled full-service consulting teams capable of providing onsite expertise in New York City, Dallas, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Los Angeles, Minneapolis and Toronto. In addition, Progent manages a network of more than 120 seasoned consultants who can provide on-premises support in dozens of metropolitan areas throughout the country.
Whether your business needs a support technician, IT consultant, applications programmer, security specialist, or a Cisco-certified CCIE network infrastructure engineer, Progent is the smart choice for a full spectrum of computer help including
unified communications and email migration support,
security and compliance,
Help Desk outsourcing,
network infrastructure design,
project management outsourcing and co-sourcing,
configuring Cisco routers and switches,
hybrid cloud and on-premises solutions,
disaster recovery and business continuity planning, and
Linux application support.
IT Support Models to Match Your Needs and Budget
Progent offers a range of IT support models to meet virtually any client's technical needs and budget. If you're looking for occasional guidance from a subject matter specialist or urgent support from a desktop technician or network infrastructure engineer, Progent offers online access to seasoned IT experts at a per-minute billing rate. If you want turn-key outsourcing of a particular area of network management such as backup/recovery or active security monitoring, Progent offers the extensive ProSight suite of managed services, which are available on a subscription basis for a low monthly rate. Progent also offers specially priced packages of one-time services such as ransomware vulnerability assessment or stealth penetration testing. Progent's expertise in online support and troubleshooting and Progent's investment in the industry's most advanced remote monitoring and management (RMM) tools allow smaller organizations with little if any fulltime IT staff to benefit from the same level of support as major enterprises with large IT management and support organizations.
Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants offer businesses of any size comprehensive support services including
network consulting services plus
remote or onsite technical support,
Office 365 integration,
Microsoft Office training,
Windows 10 migration,
Windows 8.1 support,
Microsoft Windows 7 expertise,
Windows Server 2019 migration consulting,
Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud configuration,
Windows Server 2012 R2 support,
Windows 2008 Server R2 integration,
Microsoft Exchange 2016 planning and deployment,
Microsoft Exchange 2013 integration,
Microsoft Exchange 2010 support,
Microsoft SQL Server integration and development and
Skype for Business Consulting.
Traditional delivery of IT support services to individuals or small businesses is based on the efforts of a local consultant on whom a client company relies for virtually all network support. This model is fraught with problems due to the absence of a complementary remote support organization. Many issues that could be resolved immediately via a skilled team of remote support engineers are often unnecessarily prolonged while waiting for a local consultant to show up in person or to get up to speed on new technologies such as cloud integration. The resulting losses in productivity are often compounded by a cost structure that requires minimum on-site bill times that can turn a 10-minute problem into a 2-hour invoice. Progentís business model of billing by the minute and charging only for service actually delivered allows Progentís remote support experts to solve hundreds of small problems daily at the lowest possible cost. Further, the confidence of having ready access to a large team of technical professionals opens the door to a new realm of powerful IT solutions that many small organizations might otherwise shy away from for fear of having inadequate support resources.
Backed by Popular Demand
The complexities of todayís network infrastructures combined with competition for dependable local talent has motivated companies to seek new avenues for obtaining the support they need to build and maintain productive, secure and reliable IT networks. Thousands of companies have entrusted their IT support needs to Progentís engineers who specialize in providing affordable, enterprise-level expertise to small businesses. Progent delivers remote support to customers in all 50 US states, Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, Bahamas, Grand Cayman, England, Australia, Barbados, and St. Thomas. Remote support tools and high-speed Internet connectivity have matured to the point that there are very few IT support tasks that cannot be performed remotely.
Enterprise-class Ticketing, Escalation, Tracking and Reporting for Organizations of All sizes
Progent uses the ConnectWise suite of Help Desk tools to allow customers to create IT service tickets, track status and progress, and view reports from an easy-to-use web-based client portal. ConnectWise is the leading Professional Services Automation (PSA) platform among Fortune 500 companies and gives Progent's customers, from individuals to large organizations, the same best-in-class Help Desk experience as the world's largest enterprises. Progent's Technical Response Center (TRC) can also be used for transparently extending the availability, scope and support escalation of mid-size companies and enterprises whose in-house IT service desks are powered by ConnectWise. In addition, Progent uses ConnectWise remote control capabilities to troubleshoot and resolve IT issues without requiring onsite visits and to monitor IP-based resources to detect potential problems before they can disrupt productivity.
Progentís Value Proposition
Progent has built a team of top technology experts across the US and Canada. Many IT support organizations have pursued a path of cost reduction by outsourcing expertise to countries where labor is cheap but where language and cultural barriers pose significant challenges to providing effective support. Progent has succeeded by leveraging its proven, state-of-the art virtual office infrastructure and the efficient delivery of online support to create a unique value proposition. Progentís engineers are a readily available resource to help organizations through occasional technical impasses or to manage or co-manage major IT initiatives. Progent's solutions-driven support team knows how to work effectively with a client's in-house support personnel to deliver fast solutions that minimize both consulting fees and lost productivity. Progent is also committed to knowledge transfer through multiple mechanisms including detailed service documentation, custom training videos, interactive webinars, advanced technical mentoring, or executive outbriefs.
In-depth Expertise Saves Time and Money
Progent's team of more than 120 consultants includes IT generalists together with subject matter experts (SMEs), making it possible for clients to get the most efficient and cost-effective IT support possible. Rather than having IT generalists flail around with niche technologies with they may have little experience, Progent's first-level support personnel can escalate problems to veteran consultants. We draw on their deep technical knowledge to deal with complex issues. We follow industry best practices to provide solutions that build a solid foundation for todayís requirements and future growth.
ProSight Managed Services Available from Progent
Progent's ProSight family of network management outsourcing services leverages tools from leading technology companies to provide small and midsize organizations enterprise-class IT capabilities at budget-friendly prices. Popular managed services offered by Progent include:
ProSight Network Audits
- ProSight Email Guard: Inbound and Outbound Spam Filtering, Data Leakage Protection and Email Encryption
ProSight Email Guard is Progent's spam filtering service that incorporates the infrastructure of top information security companies to deliver web-based control and comprehensive protection for all your email traffic. The hybrid architecture of Email Guard integrates a Cloud Protection Layer with a local security gateway device to provide advanced protection against spam, viruses, Denial of Service Attacks (DoS), DHAs, and other email-borne threats. Email Guard's Cloud Protection Layer serves as a preliminary barricade and blocks most unwanted email from reaching your network firewall. This reduces your vulnerability to external threats and saves system bandwidth and storage. Email Guard's onsite security gateway appliance adds a deeper layer of inspection for inbound email. For outbound email, the local security gateway provides AV and anti-spam protection, protection against data leaks, and encryption. The local security gateway can also assist Exchange Server to monitor and protect internal email that stays inside your security perimeter. Find out more about Progent's Email Guard spam filtering, virus blocking, content filtering and data leakage protection.
- ProSight Active Security Monitoring: Next-generation Anti-virus and Ransomware Defense
Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring is an endpoint protection (EPP) service that uses dynamic behavior analysis in addition to traditional signature matching to guard endpoints and servers against modern malware threats such as ransomware and phishing, which routinely evade signature-based anti-virus tools. ProSight ASM protects local and cloud-based assets and offers a cohesive, unified solution for addressing the complete malware lifecycle. ProSight ASM features initial blocking, intrusion detection, threat mitigation, post-attack cleanup, and forensics. Important capabilities include single-click rollback to a trusted state, network-wide immunization in real time, and clear visualizations of an attack's progress across a network for actionable forensics. Find out more ProSight Active Security Monitoring behavior-based endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP): Physical and Virtual Endpoint Protection and Microsoft Exchange Filtering
ProSight Enhanced Security Protection managed services deliver ultra-affordable in-depth security for physical and virtual servers, desktops, mobile devices, and Exchange Server. ProSight ESP uses adaptive security and advanced machine learning for continuously monitoring and responding to security threats from all vectors. ProSight ESP offers firewall protection, penetration alerts, endpoint management, and web filtering through cutting-edge technologies incorporated within a single agent accessible from a single control. Progent's security and virtualization experts can assist you to plan and implement a ProSight ESP deployment that addresses your organization's specific requirements and that allows you achieve and demonstrate compliance with government and industry data security regulations. Progent will help you define and configure security policies that ProSight ESP will enforce, and Progent will monitor your network and react to alarms that require immediate attention. Progent's consultants can also assist you to set up and test a backup and disaster recovery solution such as ProSight Data Protection Services so you can get back in business quickly from a potentially disastrous cyber attack like ransomware. Read more about Progent's ProSight Enhanced Security Protection (ESP) unified physical and virtual endpoint security and Microsoft Exchange filtering.
- ProSight Data Protection Services: Managed Backup and Disaster Recovery
ProSight Data Protection Services offer small organizations an inexpensive, fully managed solution for data backup and restoration. ProSight DPS automates and verifies your backup procedures and enables fast recovery of protected resources that have become unavailable for any reason including hardware breakdown, software bugs, configuration issues, natural or man-made disasters, human error, or malware such as ransomware. ProSight DPS can help you back up and restore files, folders, applications, system images, plus virtual machine images based on Hyper-V and VMware. You can back up crucial data to the cloud, to local storage, or mirror your data to both. Progent's backup/recovery consultants offer advanced expertise to help you deploy ProSight Data Protection Services according to best practices and in compliance with key regulatory requirements such as HIPPA, FINRA, PCI and Safe Harbor. Progent can also help you restore vital information quickly and thoroughly after a disruptive event. Learn more about ProSight Data Protection Services managed backup and disaster recovery.
- ProSight WAN Watch: Network Infrastructure Remote Monitoring and Management
ProSight WAN Watch is a network infrastructure monitoring and management service that makes it simple and affordable for small and mid-size businesses to map, monitor, configure and troubleshoot their network appliances such as routers, switches, firewalls, and Wi-Fi access points as well as servers, endpoints, peripherals, and other connected devices. WAN Watch utilizes state-of-the-art RMM technology to ensure that network maps are always up to date, stores and manages the configuration data for almost all networked devices, tracks and analyzes performance, and alerts you when looming issues threaten to disrupt your network. By automating tedious management activities, ProSight WAN Watch can knock hours off common jobs such as making topology diagrams, reconfiguring your network, locating devices that require crucial patches, or understanding the reasons for traffic bottlenecks. Find out more about ProSight WAN Watch network infrastructure remote monitoring and management.
- ProSight LAN Watch: Server and Desktop Monitoring
ProSight LAN Watch is Progentís server and desktop monitoring and reporting service that uses advanced Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) technology to help keep your IT system running at peak levels by checking the health of all your critical servers and desktops. As soon as ProSight LAN Watch detects a problem, an alert is sent to your designated IT staff and your assigned Progent consultant so that any looming issues can be resolved before they impair or crash your network. On monitored computers, a single click can create a prioritized trouble ticket for Progentís Technical Response Center (TRC).
- ProSight Virtual Hosting: Private Cloud Virtual Machine Hosting Services at a Tier III Datacenter:
ProSight Virtual Hosting service allows small businesses to have their servers and mission-critical applications hosted in a world-class data center in a virtualized environment set up and managed by Progent's networking experts. With Progent's ProSight Virtual Hosting services, the client retains ownership of the data, the OS licenses, and the applications. Since the ecosystem is virtualized, you can port it almost instantly to an alternate hardware host without time-consuming and technically risky reconfiguration. ProSight Virtual Hosting does not lock you into a single hosting service. For details about ProSight Virtual Hosting services, visit ProSight Virtual Hosting Services.
- ProSight IT Asset Management Service: Network Documentation Control and Advanced Password Management
ProSight IT Asset Management service is an IT infrastructure documentation management service that makes it easy to capture, update, retrieve and safeguard information related to your IT infrastructure, processes, applications, and services. You can quickly find passwords or IP addresses and be warned about upcoming expirations of SSLs or domains. By updating and organizing your IT documentation, you can save up to 50% of the time thrown away searching for vital information about your network. ProSight IT Asset Management features a centralized location for storing and sharing all documents related to managing your network infrastructure such as recommended procedures and self-service instructions. A sophisticated password management tool features an enterprise-class password vault and management platform, policy enforcement, easy lookup for authorized personnel, and extensive usage tracking. Whether youíre making improvements, performing regular maintenance, or reacting to an emergency, ProSight IT Asset Management gets you the data you require the instant you need it. Learn more about ProSight IT Asset Management service.
Progent's ProSight Network Audits are a fast and low-cost alternative for small and medium-size organizations to obtain an unbiased assessment of the overall health of their IT system. Powered by some of the top remote monitoring and management platforms in the industry, and overseen by Progent's certified team of information technology professionals, ProSight Network Audits help you see how closely the deployment of your core network devices conform to industry leading practices. Both the Basic and Advanced versions of ProSight Network Audit services are available at a budget-friendly, one-time cost and deliver immediate ROI like a more manageable Active Directory environment. Both also include a year of cutting-edge remote network monitoring and management. Advantages can include easier network management, better compliance with data security standards, higher utilization of network assets, quicker troubleshooting, more dependable backup and recovery, and less downtime. See more information about Progent's ProSight Network Audits network infrastructure assessment.
Key Facts About Progent
If your business needs IT consulting services:
- Progent is based in Silicon Valley, CA, the home of information technology giants like Cisco, Google, Apple, Intel, Facebook and VMware. This creative, fast-paced environment attracts and nurtures experts who are the best in the business, enabling Progent to provide clients access to certified IT consulting experts with world-class skills in developing, deploying and managing cutting-edge IT solutions
- Progentís Technical Response Center offers nationwide remote support for organizations of any size. Progent's certified nationwide support experts offer phone support and remote computer control to help you troubleshoot and resolve network problems quickly and affordably. The breadth of technical expertise represented by Progent's team of nation wide support engineers makes it possible to escalate even the toughest problems to appropriate specialists as required.
- Progent's worldwide virtual office infrastructure eliminates needless overhead and ensures that a technician or IT consultant is ready to solve your problems quickly.
- Progent's founder and chief technologist, Les Kent, was the architect for a Windows network application that won Microsoft's ďBest Application of the Year Award.Ē Mr. Kent, a 35-year computer industry veteran and a former technical editor for InfoWorld magazine, has designed and implemented hundreds of innovative business solutions.
- Progent can provide quick online access to a Cisco-certified CCIE network engineer or a Juniper Networks JNCIE consultant so you can get immediate help for urgent network problems that are impacting business productivity but are beyond the scope of your local network support resources. Progent's Cisco CCIE and Juniper Network experts can establish secure remote connections to your system, so it's like having a high-level engineer in front of your computer. Advanced network monitoring and analysis software help Progent's CCIE-certified and Juniper JNCIE-certified network consultants to provide quick and affordable fixes to even the most challenging infrastructure problems.
- Progent is a certified Microsoft Partner and offers Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 planning and migration support, Exchange Server 2010 consulting, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 support, and Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 expertise to help small businesses maintain their current email environment or migrate to the latest unified communications technology.
- To help you deal with the BYOD revolution, Progent's iPhone and iPad experts, Android integration consultants, and BlackBerry specialists can help you integrate workers with smartphones securely and productively with your messaging solution, troubleshoot synchronization issues, help you enforce security policies, and show you how to facilitate collaboration.
- Progent's Windows Server 2012 R2 experts can help your business benefit fully from the enhancements built into Windows Server 2012 R2 so that your network can be more secure and fault tolerant, easier to virtualize, less expensive to manage, faster, and able to provide a better environment for web hosting. If you are considering the creation of a hybrid network model that integrates on-premises resources with public cloud services like those offered by Microsoft Azure, Progent can help you evaluate and deploy Windows Server 2016, which incorporates major elements of Azure technology and is designed to support hybrid networks. See Progent's Windows Server 2016 hybrid cloud solutions.
- Progent's security services include comprehensive security audits, disaster recovery and business continuity planning, virus protection and mitigation, ransomware defense, spam filtering, data leakage protection, firewall configuration, active monitoring, automatic fault isolation and forensics, and email encryption. Advanced certifications earned by Progent's security team include CISA, CISM, CISSP, GIAC, and ISSAP.
- Progent offers online support for integrating business networks with leading public clouds and can help organizations create and manage viable IT ecosystems that incorporate Windows and Linux servers and applications into cohesive hybrid networks that combine internal datacenters, branch offices and private clouds with public cloud services. Progent's cloud integration expertise includes Microsoft Azure hybrid cloud planning and deployment, Amazon AWS migration and troubleshooting, and Amazon Web Marketing Service (WMS) software development and debugging.
- Progent's Office 365 consultants can help you integrate and manage Microsoft's Azure-based software and services, and Progent's Office 365 Exchange Online consultants can help you help you design either a cloud-based or hybrid Exchange solution.
- Progent offers a full range of consulting services to support IP voice and video solutions including readiness assessment, product specification, infrastructure optimization, migration from a PBX system or from another VoIP platform, upgrading from older Cisco VoIP technology, configuring management servers and software, installing administrative and user workstations, setting up VPN connections resolving QoS issues, extending Cisco VoIP services with Microsoft Exchange and with IM and Presence-enabled applications through Skype for Business integration, connecting mobile and remote users, troubleshooting your VoIP solution, and training managers and end users.
- Progentís Wireless Site Survey makes it easy to design and implement a Wi-Fi wireless LAN optimized for your environment, offering your business a WLAN that delivers the coverage, performance, capacity, QoS, data protection, and roaming capability your business needs. Progent's Wireless Site Survey services are offered either as an economical remote service or as a more detailed on-premises service. Progentís on-premises wireless survey includes onsite walkthroughs, RF and security assessment of your current WLAN, analysis of your buildingís layout, testing for radio frequency contention, RF propagation modeling, identification of optimum placement for client-requested Wireless APs including Aironet access points, Cisco Meraki cloud-managed APs and Apple AirPort devices, and a detailed report defining the new wireless network.
- Progent can help you plan and manage an efficient move of your IT infrastructure to a new facility, including data center design and setup, project management, ISP and telecommunications carrier selection and coordination, cloud integration, and coordinated system upgrades Ė all with comprehensive support as well as thorough testing and documentation.
- Progent has helped larger organizations successfully carry out complex DevOps projects that included advanced monitoring and automation technology.
Call 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
For urgent troubleshooting or desktop support or to find out how to get in touch by phone with a Cisco-certified CCIE for fast assistance with your network infrastructure, visit Progent's Urgent Support.