Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support staff are likely to take longer to recognize a breach and are least able to mount a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware can make within a target's network, the more time it will require to recover basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to take the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware engineers can help organizations in the Addison area to identify and quarantine breached devices and guard clean assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Addison
Modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and attack any accessible system restores and backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and effectively knocks the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware assault, insist on a ransom payment in exchange for the decryption tools needed to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers demand an additional payment for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a big issue according to the nature of the stolen data.
The recovery process after a ransomware attack involves several distinct stages, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough members with the required experience.
- Quarantine: This urgent initial step involves arresting the lateral spread of the attack within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to run unrestricted, the longer and more costly the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery experts. Quarantine processes include isolating affected endpoints from the network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a minimal acceptable degree of capability with the least delay. This process is typically the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This activity also requires the broadest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business apps, network topology, and safe endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced workgroup platforms to coordinate the complicated restoration effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's management and network support group to prioritize tasks and to get vital services back online as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover files damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the network, how many files are encrypted, and what restore methods are required. Ransomware assaults can take down pivotal databases which, if not gracefully closed, might need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be needed to find undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted OST files may exist on staff desktop computers and laptops that were off line at the time of the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to utilize immutability for cloud storage, allowing tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by any user including administrators. This provides an extra level of protection and recoverability in case of a ransomware breach.
- Implementing modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the identical AV technology used by many of the world's largest corporations including Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware filtering, detection, mitigation, recovery and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Activities consist of establishing the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; receiving, learning, and using the decryption tool; debugging decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; mapping and connecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-attack state; and restoring physical and virtual devices and services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves learning the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and uncovers shortcomings in rules or work habits that should be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for changes. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key activities like operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting Services in Addison
For ransomware system restoration consulting services in the Addison area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.