Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when support staff are likely to be slower to become aware of a break-in and are less able to mount a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can make inside a victim's network, the more time it takes to recover basic operations and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide you to take the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Addison area to locate and isolate breached devices and protect clean resources from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Addison
Current variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any accessible system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and basically knocks the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement payment for the decryption tools needed to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers require an extra ransom in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big problem according to the nature of the downloaded data.
The recovery work after a ransomware attack has several distinct phases, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary experience.
- Quarantine: This urgent first step requires arresting the sideways progress of ransomware within your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to go unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the restoration process. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response experts. Quarantine activities consist of isolating affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a basic useful degree of capability with the least delay. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also demands the broadest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network topology, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to organize the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's management and network support staff to prioritize activity and to get essential resources back online as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware attack depends on the condition of the network, the number of files that are affected, and which recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not properly closed, may have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical applications depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to find clean data. For example, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the ransomware attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to deploy immutable backup for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by any user including root users. Immutable storage provides an extra level of security and recoverability in the event of a successful ransomware attack.
- Implementing advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical AV technology implemented by some of the world's largest corporations including Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware filtering, detection, mitigation, recovery and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ASM cuts TCO, streamlines management, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Services include determining the kind of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; receiving, learning, and using the decryption utility; debugging failed files; creating a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition; and restoring computers and services.
- Forensics: This activity involves learning the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists you to assess the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that should be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for changes. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important activities such as business resumption are performed concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting Services in Addison
For ransomware cleanup expertise in the Addison area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.