Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support staff may take longer to recognize a break-in and are less able to mount a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to make within a target's network, the more time it takes to recover core IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to take the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware experts can help organizations in the Addison area to identify and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and protect undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Addison
Current variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and attack any available system restores and backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system restoration almost impossible and basically knocks the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, demand a settlement payment for the decryptors required to recover encrypted files. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate files and TAs demand an extra payment for not publishing this information or selling it. Even if you can restore your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a major issue depending on the nature of the stolen data.
The recovery work after a ransomware penetration involves a number of distinct stages, most of which can be performed in parallel if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial response involves blocking the sideways progress of ransomware across your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to go unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware recovery engineers. Containment activities include isolating affected endpoints from the network to minimize the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a basic useful level of functionality with the least delay. This effort is typically at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their business. This project also demands the broadest array of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and protected remote access management. Progent's recovery experts use advanced collaboration platforms to coordinate the multi-faceted recovery process. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's management and network support group to prioritize activity and to get essential resources on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to restore data impacted by a ransomware attack depends on the condition of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and what recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down critical databases which, if not properly shut down, might need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other business-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to find undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted OST files may have survived on staff PCs and notebooks that were off line during the ransomware attack.
- Implementing advanced AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized businesses the advantages of the same anti-virus technology deployed by many of the world's largest corporations such as Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware filtering, classification, containment, recovery and forensics in a single integrated platform, ProSight ASM lowers TCO, simplifies administration, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if any. Activities consist of establishing the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryption tool; troubleshooting failed files; creating a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption state; and restoring computers and software services.
- Forensics: This process involves discovering the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light gaps in security policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for changes. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities such as business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large team of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Expertise in Addison
For ransomware system restoration consulting services in the Addison area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.