Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Addison
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without interfering with activity required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Addison organization can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light shortcomings in policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the insurance provider and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes such as business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and security experts with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and calls for intimate interaction with the teams focused on data restoration and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Capture forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so your file restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect each machine and storage device on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions to establish the timeline of the assault and to spot any possible sideways migration from the originally compromised system
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce comprehensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Addison
To learn more about how Progent can help your Addison organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.