Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Akron
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without impeding the processes related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Akron business can utilize Progent's forensics report to combat future ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves discovering and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and data security experts with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and calls for intimate interaction with the teams focused on data recovery and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all possibly affected devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to protect backups.
- Capture forensically valid images of all exposed devices so your file restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each machine and data store on the network including cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the attack and to spot any potential lateral migration from the first infected system
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Akron
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Akron business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.