Expanding your remote workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Akron organization to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Akron, Ohio businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated and current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for deploying routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications might require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the business phone system to include telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that permits at-home workforce to see and edit aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to planning and configuration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced online support for helping businesses to build, maintain and repair cohesive network models that incorporate physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy remote contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you through tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify identity management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A fast, organization-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which could be activated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online IT support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to check or update their current tickets, enter information, and append screenshots or relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to supplement your current Call Center team by sharing delivery of Help Desk services transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a collaborative support model based on the number one PSA platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Telecommuters commonly run their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and requires careful use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your organization to design, deploy and manage a compliant security solution that protects critical data in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both current and older firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by telecommuters and either block or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and internal security threats for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your workflows and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage problems resulting from equipment issues, software hiccups, human error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision circumstances that call for a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your business to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for protecting critical information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For details about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Akron, Ohio business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.