Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Akron organization to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Akron, Ohio companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business processes might require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, selecting appropriate service offerings, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate phone system to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, refer to CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide online configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure portals that enables remote workers to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to deployment consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Included with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated network models that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you through challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, company-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which might be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or edit the status of their active tickets, add details, and append screen captures or relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex problems. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to augment your existing Help Desk staff by sharing delivery of Call Desk support transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a collaborative support model utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver world-class technical support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home (WFH) workers typically use their own computers and usually work in a poorly secured physical environment. This multiplies their susceptibility to malware threats and requires judicious deployment of corporate firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, thorough end-user training, and the creation of policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran group of IT security support experts can help you to plan, configure and maintain an effective cybersecurity solution that protects critical information assets in environments that include at-home workers.
Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and control different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context from SentinelOne to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
Progent's Duo authentication Services utilize Cisco's Duo technology to defend against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication. Duo supports one-tap identity verification with Apple iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. Using Duo 2FA, when you sign into a secured application and give your password you are requested to confirm who you are on a device that only you possess and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad range of devices can be used for this added means of authentication such as a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You may designate several validation devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo identity authentication services, see Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and internal security threats for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your procedures and policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Horizon3.ai's NodeZero Penetration Testing Platform is a breakthrough penetration test (pentest) product family that can deliver autonomous threat assessment of your work-from-home connectivity solution and your internal and perimeter networks so you can identify, prioritize, remediate, and verify cybersecurity weaknesses before threat actors can exploit them. Progent's pentest experts can assist you to use NodeZero to carry out thorough penetration tests of your perimeter and your internal IT infrastructure in order to determine your present security posture. Progent's NodeZero experts can also help you to harden your network security and can help you to design and deploy a cohesive cybersecurity ecosystem that simplifies management and provides optimum cyber defense for on-prem, multi-cloud, at-home, and perimeter IT assets. To find out additional information about Progent's vulnerability assessment services powered by on NodeZero's pentest platform, visit Consulting Services for NodeZero's PEN Test Platform.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper about critical areas to focus on for securing a network that includes telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage system problems due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a broad range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate circumstances that require a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can help you to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for safeguarding critical data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For details about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, see Intune remote device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Akron, Ohio business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.