Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Akron organization to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Akron, Ohio organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online support for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput and security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications may demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, picking sensible service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business PBX environment to accommodate telecommuters is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that allows at-home workforce to view and update consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, visit integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers advanced online support for helping organizations to build, maintain and optimize integrated network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to get you past challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your business to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-uptime network model so your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
An emergency, company-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive team of online technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to check or update the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screenshots or relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to expand your current Call Desk staff by sharing delivery of Help Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Telecommuters commonly use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can help you to plan, deploy and administer a compliant security environment that protects sensitive data in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage different access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by teleworkers and either block or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by network security experts with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to implement top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage problems resulting from equipment issues, software glitches, user mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision circumstances that require a quick switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for protecting critical data by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For information about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, see Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Akron, Ohio organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.