Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Akron company to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Akron, Ohio organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of personal hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT resources located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for deploying routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical processes may require redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying service providers, picking sensible service bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the business phone system to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed configuration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that allows remote workforce to view and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to deployment expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-author files. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable online assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network models that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist you to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A sudden, company-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which might be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of online technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or update the status of their active tickets, enter details, and append screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows your company to supplement your existing Help Desk team by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's nationwide team of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a collective support model based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide world-class desktop support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Teleworkers commonly use their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can assist your company to design, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that safeguards sensitive data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older firewall appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers used by telecommuters and either block or spot and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, software glitches, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online help from experts familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate circumstances that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and delete sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Akron, Ohio organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.