Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Akron organization to pick the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Akron, Ohio organizations to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote support for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services available from Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for setting up routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications may demand backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the company PBX environment to include telecommuters is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that permits remote workforce to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them safely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-author documents. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable online assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and optimize integrated network models that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you past tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline access control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to use GCP's management technology to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A sudden, organization-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be the result of a pandemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. To learn more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support solution based on the leading PSA tool for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly use their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your organization to plan, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards critical information in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and control different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security threats for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with advanced certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your processes and policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often envision circumstances that require a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for safeguarding critical data by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your teleworkers, refer to Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Akron, Ohio business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.