Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Akron company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Akron, Ohio businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for deploying routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Vital applications might require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the corporate PBX system to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or tune a remote IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, see Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that allows remote workers to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, visit planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them securely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-edit files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for helping businesses to create, maintain and optimize cohesive network models that combine physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you past challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help you to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A rapid, organization-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive team of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to monitor or edit their current tickets, add details, and append screen captures and relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your company to supplement your existing Call Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk services transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a collaborative support model based on the leading PSA platform for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class technical support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters often use their personal computers and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your business to plan, deploy and administer a compliant security solution that guards critical data in IT networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older security appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage system failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision scenarios that call for a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can help you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for protecting corporate information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune remote device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Akron, Ohio company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.