Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Albany organization to select the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Albany, New York businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you must manage a combination of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes may require redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the corporate phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure web portals that allows remote workforce to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them safely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network models that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent offers quick and easy remote access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to guide you past challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your GCP environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A fast, organization-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which could be the result of a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive team of online IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to check or revise their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced issues. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your company to expand your current Call Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support transparently between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a collective support model utilizing the leading PSA tool for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your company to design, deploy and administer a modern security environment that guards critical information in IT networks that include at-home workers.
Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different permissions to different classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older security devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices used by telecommuters and either reject or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and internal security threats for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, software glitches, human error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to experts familiar with a wide range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for protecting critical data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Albany, New York organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.