Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Albany organization to select the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Albany, New York organizations to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk services, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for setting up routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and security issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications may demand redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the corporate phone system to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help your company to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that enables at-home workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can access them securely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-author files. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for enabling organizations to build, manage and repair cohesive network architectures that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix problems with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network model so your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A fast, organization-wide transition to a from-home business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to track or edit their active tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex issues. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables your company to supplement your current Help Desk team by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver world-class desktop support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Teleworkers often run their own computers and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can help your organization to plan, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that safeguards critical data in IT networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be safely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, visit firewall configuration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices utilized by at-home workers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the infected device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital data in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate scenarios that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for protecting corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Albany, New York organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.