Expanding your remote workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Albany organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Albany, New York businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy as well as current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online support for setting up routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Vital processes may demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible service bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the business phone environment to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to support these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major technology companies support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that permits remote workers to view and edit aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, see deployment consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-author files. Edits made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to build, manage and optimize integrated hybrid network models that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure access to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network model so your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's unified management tools to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A fast, company-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be activated by a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to monitor or update their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your company to augment your existing Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters commonly run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your organization to plan, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards critical data in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and control appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by remote workers and either block or spot and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security threats for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory software for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by network security experts with advanced credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to implement top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital information in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, human error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often envision scenarios that require a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can assist your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, visit Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Albany, New York company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.