Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Albany company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Albany, New York organizations to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated and modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized remote employees to access IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for deploying routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Vital applications may demand backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying ISPs, choosing appropriate service bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the business phone system to accommodate telecommuters is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX products are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that allows remote workers to see and update consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to integration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can share them securely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for helping businesses to build, maintain and optimize cohesive network models that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to get you through challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help you to use GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, see Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A rapid, organization-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive team of online technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or update their active trouble tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced issues. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows you to supplement your existing Call Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support services transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to provide world-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers often use their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can assist your organization to design, implement and administer a modern security solution that guards critical data in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and control different permissions to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and older security devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices utilized by remote workers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to identify new attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with top credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your operations and policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical data in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage system failures due to equipment breakdowns, software glitches, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that require a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can help your business to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for safeguarding corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For details about Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune teleworker endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Albany, New York company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.