Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Albany organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Albany, New York companies to with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for configuring routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical applications might require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Albany, New York organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.