Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Albany organization to select the right tools and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Albany, New York businesses to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for deploying home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical processes might demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying ISPs, choosing sensible service bundles, and integrating redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Albany, New York business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.