Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Albany organization to select the right tools and follow best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Albany, New York companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly complex if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for integrating routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical processes may demand backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Albany, New York organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.