Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Albany company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Albany, New York organizations to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated and current IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical applications might demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Albany, New York organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.