Expanding your remote workforce may have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Albany company to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Albany, New York companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated and modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote workers to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for deploying home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes might require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, selecting sensible service packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Albany, New York business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.