Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support staff are likely to take longer to recognize a break-in and are least able to mount a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can achieve within a victim's network, the longer it will require to recover basic IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide organizations to complete the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help organizations in the Albany metro area to locate and isolate infected servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Albany
Current variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any accessible system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and basically sets the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement payment for the decryptors needed to recover scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers require an extra settlement for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you can restore your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue depending on the nature of the stolen data.
The recovery work after a ransomware penetration involves several crucial stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response team has a sufficient number of people with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This time-critical first step involves arresting the lateral spread of the attack within your network. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to go unchecked, the longer and more expensive the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery engineers. Containment activities include cutting off affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the IT system to a basic useful degree of capability with the shortest possible delay. This effort is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This project also demands the broadest array of IT abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network topology, and safe endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced collaboration platforms to coordinate the complex restoration process. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's managers and IT group to prioritize activity and to put vital resources back online as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work necessary to recover data impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the condition of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and what recovery methods are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy key databases which, if not gracefully closed, might have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other business-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to find clean data. For example, undamaged OST files may have survived on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were off line during the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can assist you to deploy immutability for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by any user including administrators or root users. Immutable storage adds another level of protection and restoration ability in the event of a ransomware breach.
- Implementing advanced AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the identical anti-virus technology used by some of the world's biggest corporations such as Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware blocking, identification, mitigation, restoration and analysis in a single integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts TCO, simplifies management, and expedites recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Activities consist of establishing the kind of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement and schedule with the hacker; checking compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA; acquiring, learning, and using the decryptor utility; debugging decryption problems; building a pristine environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption condition; and restoring computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at discovering the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance provider. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP applications. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Expertise in Albany
For ransomware recovery services in the Albany metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.