Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when support staff may be slower to recognize a break-in and are least able to organize a quick and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can achieve inside a victim's network, the longer it takes to recover basic operations and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to assist you to carry out the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help businesses in the Albany area to locate and quarantine breached devices and guard clean assets from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Albany
Current variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and invade any available backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and effectively knocks the datacenter back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment for the decryptors needed to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs demand an additional ransom in exchange for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a major issue according to the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware attack has several distinct phases, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response team has a sufficient number of members with the necessary skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial response requires arresting the sideways progress of ransomware across your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to go unrestricted, the longer and more costly the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes consist of isolating affected endpoint devices from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a minimal acceptable degree of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This process is typically the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This activity also demands the broadest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical apps, network architecture, and protected remote access. Progent's recovery team uses advanced workgroup tools to coordinate the complex recovery process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's management and IT group to prioritize tasks and to get essential resources on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover files damaged by a ransomware attack depends on the condition of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which restore methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down key databases which, if not gracefully closed, may have to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to locate clean data. For instance, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were not connected at the time of the attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can help you to deploy immutable backup for cloud storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by anyone including administrators. This adds another level of security and recoverability in case of a successful ransomware attack.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical anti-virus technology used by many of the world's largest enterprises including Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware blocking, identification, containment, recovery and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Services consist of establishing the type of ransomware used in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; deciding on a settlement with the victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; acquiring, reviewing, and operating the decryptor utility; debugging failed files; creating a pristine environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state; and reprovisioning machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at learning the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has a large team of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Services in Albany
For ransomware system recovery services in the Albany area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.