Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when IT staff may be slower to recognize a penetration and are less able to mount a rapid and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to make inside a victim's network, the longer it takes to recover core operations and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to take the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware engineer can help businesses in the Albany area to locate and isolate infected servers and endpoints and protect undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Available in Albany
Current strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online data and infiltrate any available system restores. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make system recovery almost impossible and basically throws the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, demand a settlement payment for the decryption tools needed to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs demand an additional payment for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you can rollback your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a major issue according to the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The recovery process after a ransomware penetration has several crucial phases, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough members with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent initial step requires blocking the lateral progress of ransomware within your network. The more time a ransomware attack is allowed to run unchecked, the more complex and more costly the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response experts. Quarantine processes include isolating infected endpoints from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves bringing back the IT system to a basic acceptable level of capability with the shortest possible delay. This process is usually at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This project also requires the widest array of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network topology, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to coordinate the complicated recovery effort. Progent understands the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in concert with a client's managers and IT staff to prioritize activity and to put critical resources on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The work required to recover files impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and which restore techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy key databases which, if not carefully closed, may need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to find clean data. For example, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on employees' desktop computers and notebooks that were off line at the time of the attack.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM gives small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the same AV tools deployed by some of the world's biggest corporations including Walmart, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware blocking, identification, containment, repair and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces TCO, streamlines management, and expedites recovery. The next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Services consist of establishing the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryption utility; debugging failed files; building a clean environment; remapping and connecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state; and recovering computers and software services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at learning the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the impact and brings to light gaps in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect variations. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of IT and security professionals with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Services in Albany
For ransomware recovery consulting services in the Albany metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.