Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel may be slower to become aware of a penetration and are least able to mount a quick and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to make inside a target's network, the more time it will require to recover core IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to take the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware experts can help organizations in the Albany area to locate and isolate breached devices and protect undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Albany
Current variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online data and invade any available system restores. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system recovery almost impossible and effectively sets the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, insist on a ransom fee in exchange for the decryption tools needed to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs demand an extra ransom in exchange for not posting this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major issue depending on the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The recovery work after a ransomware penetration has a number of distinct phases, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery team has a sufficient number of members with the required experience.
- Containment: This time-critical initial step requires blocking the sideways progress of the attack within your IT system. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to go unrestricted, the more complex and more costly the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware recovery engineers. Containment activities include cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to minimize the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a minimal useful level of functionality with the least downtime. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This activity also requires the widest array of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and secure remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to coordinate the complicated recovery effort. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's managers and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to get vital resources on line again as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to restore files damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery methods are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not carefully closed, might need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other mission-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to find clean data. For example, undamaged OST files may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were off line at the time of the ransomware attack.
- Setting up advanced antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the same AV technology used by many of the world's biggest corporations including Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware blocking, identification, mitigation, repair and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM reduces TCO, streamlines management, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a certified SentinelOne Partner. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for working closely with the victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Activities consist of establishing the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; acquiring, learning, and operating the decryption tool; debugging failed files; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption condition; and restoring computers and software services.
- Forensics: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light weaknesses in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the insurance carrier. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important activities like business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting Services in Albany
For ransomware system restoration consulting in the Albany metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.