Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to work its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and late at night, when IT staff may take longer to recognize a breach and are less able to mount a quick and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware can make within a victim's system, the more time it takes to restore core operations and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help you to take the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Allen area to identify and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and protect clean assets from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Allen
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online files and attack any accessible system restores. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and effectively throws the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, demand a settlement fee in exchange for the decryption tools needed to recover scrambled data. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and TAs demand an extra ransom for not posting this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your network to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a big issue according to the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware penetration involves several crucial stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response team has a sufficient number of people with the necessary experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial step involves blocking the lateral progress of the attack within your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to go unchecked, the longer and more costly the restoration effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes include isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to block the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the IT system to a minimal useful level of capability with the least downtime. This process is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their business. This activity also requires the broadest range of technical abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business applications, network topology, and protected remote access management. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup tools to coordinate the multi-faceted restoration effort. Progent understands the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's management and network support group to prioritize tasks and to get vital resources back online as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The work required to recover data impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the network, how many files are affected, and which recovery methods are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy key databases which, if not properly closed, might have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to find undamaged data. For example, undamaged OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on staff PCs and laptops that were not connected at the time of the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can help you to utilize immutability for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by any user including administrators or root users. This provides another level of security and recoverability in the event of a ransomware breach.
- Implementing advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the same anti-virus tools implemented by some of the world's largest corporations including Netflix, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware filtering, identification, mitigation, repair and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM reduces total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with hackers. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Activities consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryption utility; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack state; and recovering machines and services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at uncovering the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in policies or processes that should be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities such as business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting in Allen
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Allen metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.