Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and late at night, when support staff are likely to take longer to recognize a penetration and are less able to mount a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to make within a victim's network, the more time it will require to recover core operations and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to guide you to carry out the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Allen area to identify and isolate breached devices and protect clean resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Offered in Allen
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online files and attack any available system restores. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and effectively sets the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a settlement payment for the decryption tools required to recover scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and TAs demand an extra settlement for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your network to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the nature of the stolen data.
The recovery work after a ransomware attack has a number of crucial stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of members with the required experience.
- Containment: This urgent first step involves blocking the lateral spread of the attack within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is allowed to go unrestricted, the longer and more expensive the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery engineers. Quarantine processes include cutting off infected endpoint devices from the rest of network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves bringing back the network to a basic useful level of capability with the shortest possible delay. This process is usually the top priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This project also demands the widest array of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network topology, and safe endpoint access management. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to coordinate the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's management and IT group to prioritize tasks and to get vital resources back online as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work required to recover data damaged by a ransomware attack varies according to the state of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and what recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not properly shut down, might need to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to find clean data. For instance, undamaged OST files may have survived on staff desktop computers and laptops that were off line during the attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can help you to deploy immutable backup for cloud object storage, allowing tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by any user including root users. This adds an extra level of protection and restoration ability in the event of a ransomware breach.
- Deploying advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the identical anti-virus tools deployed by some of the world's biggest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware filtering, identification, mitigation, recovery and forensics in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring lowers TCO, simplifies management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the insurance carrier, if any. Activities consist of establishing the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the TA; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and using the decryptor utility; troubleshooting failed files; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-attack condition; and recovering computers and software services.
- Forensics: This process involves uncovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to evaluate the impact and highlights weaknesses in rules or processes that should be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect variations. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes like operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting Services in Allen
For ransomware cleanup expertise in the Allen area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.