Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware needs time to work its way across a network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when support staff may be slower to recognize a penetration and are less able to mount a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage within a victim's system, the more time it will require to restore core operations and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to carry out the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Allen metro area to identify and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and protect clean assets from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Allen
Modern variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and invade any available system restores. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and effectively sets the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the hackers behind a ransomware attack, demand a settlement fee for the decryption tools required to recover scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also try to exfiltrate information and hackers demand an additional ransom for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you can restore your network to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a major problem according to the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The recovery work after a ransomware penetration has a number of distinct stages, most of which can proceed in parallel if the recovery team has enough members with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent first response requires arresting the lateral spread of ransomware across your network. The more time a ransomware assault is allowed to run unrestricted, the longer and more costly the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware response engineers. Containment processes consist of isolating affected endpoints from the network to block the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the network to a basic acceptable level of capability with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is typically the top priority for the targets of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This activity also demands the broadest array of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses advanced workgroup platforms to coordinate the complex restoration process. Progent appreciates the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's managers and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to put vital services on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The work required to restore data impacted by a ransomware attack varies according to the state of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and what restore techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can take down critical databases which, if not gracefully closed, might need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the ransomware attack.
- Deploying modern antivirus/ransomware protection: Progent's Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the identical AV technology implemented by many of the world's biggest corporations including Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering in-line malware blocking, identification, containment, recovery and analysis in a single integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring cuts total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and expedites operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This requires working closely with the victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities include determining the type of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and using the decryptor tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; creating a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack condition; and recovering machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists you to evaluate the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has a large team of information technology and security professionals with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Services in Allen
For ransomware cleanup services in the Allen area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.