Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Allentown
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding the processes related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Allentown business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to assess the impact and uncovers shortcomings in rules or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other key activities such as business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and calls for close cooperation with the teams focused on file restoration and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all possibly affected devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Create forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so your file restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect every machine and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and sessions to establish the timeline of the attack and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first infected machine
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce detailed incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Allentown
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Allentown organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.