Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Allentown company to pick the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Allentown, Pennsylvania companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated as well as current technologies in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for integrating home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical processes might demand backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Allentown, Pennsylvania company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.