Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Allentown company to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Allentown, Pennsylvania companies to with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for configuring routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Vital applications might demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Allentown, Pennsylvania organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.