Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Allentown organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Allentown, Pennsylvania businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online consulting for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business applications might demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Allentown, Pennsylvania business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.