Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Allentown company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Allentown, Pennsylvania organizations to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for configuring home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes may require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Allentown, Pennsylvania business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.