Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Allentown company to pick the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging IT roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Allentown, Pennsylvania companies to with any facet of building a high-functioning remote work environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for configuring routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital processes may demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Allentown, Pennsylvania organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.