Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Allentown company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Allentown, Pennsylvania businesses to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk services, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for setting up home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput and security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical processes may require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, choosing appropriate service bundles, and setting up redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Allentown, Pennsylvania company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.