Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, security, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Allentown company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Allentown, Pennsylvania companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for configuring home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Vital applications may demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting Internet service providers, picking sensible service packages, and integrating redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate phone environment to include telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to support these solutions and deliver online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist your business to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that enables remote workforce to view and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to deployment consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for helping businesses to build, maintain and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, remote workers, branches, and cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to guide you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to control and monitor your GCP environment. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
An emergency, enterprise-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or edit their active tickets, add details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced problems. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service allows you to augment your current Call Desk staff by splitting delivery of Support Desk services transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly run their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can help you to plan, implement and administer a compliant security environment that safeguards sensitive information in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent supports both current and older security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers used by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even if they are offline. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with top certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your workflows and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, user error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online help from consultants familiar with a broad range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically envision circumstances that require a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for protecting corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune telecommuter device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Allentown, Pennsylvania company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.