Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Allentown organization to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Allentown, Pennsylvania organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for setting up routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical processes might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the business PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN architecture to support these solutions and provide online integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful environment of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that permits remote workforce to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and repair cohesive network architectures that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix problems with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you past tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist you to use GCP's unified management technology to control and track your GCP ecosystem. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A rapid, company-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of online technical support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from service requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or edit their current tickets, add information, and upload screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced problems. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables your company to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center team by splitting delivery of Call Center support services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a collaborative support solution based on the number one PSA tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
At-home workers commonly use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your organization to design, deploy and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that safeguards sensitive data in networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent works with both current and older firewall devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to detect new threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and internal security threats for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security experts with top certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital data so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage problems resulting from equipment issues, software hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from experts familiar with a broad range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that require a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist you to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for protecting corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, visit Intune telecommuter endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Allentown, Pennsylvania company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.