Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Allentown company to select the right tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Allentown, Pennsylvania businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for setting up routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical processes may require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, selecting sensible service bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the business PBX system to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP products are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP environment that provides the versatility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to help businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software used across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online integration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can assist your company to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that permits remote workforce to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to jointly author files. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable remote support for helping businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to assess the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to get you through challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For details, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A rapid, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive network of online technical support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from help requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, add information, and upload screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex issues. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to augment your existing Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk support transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one PSA platform for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Teleworkers often run their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and demands careful use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can help your organization to plan, implement and administer a modern security solution that guards critical information in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage different access rights to different classes of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers used by telecommuters and either block or identify and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning to identify new threats before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and internal security threats for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with top credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage problems due to equipment issues, programming glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from consultants familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate circumstances that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can help your business to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for protecting corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, go to Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Allentown, Pennsylvania organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.