Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, security, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Allentown company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Allentown, Pennsylvania organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online support for integrating routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical processes might demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the business phone environment to include telecommuters is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, see CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to support your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online integration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that enables at-home workers to see and edit aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, go to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them safely through a browser. Included with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to create, maintain and repair integrated network models that combine internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, and cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to guide you past challenging IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline identity control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which might be driven by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or revise their active trouble tickets, add details, and append screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex problems. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows you to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the leading PSA platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Work-from-Home (WFH) workers typically utilize their personal computing devices and usually operate in a poorly secured physical area. This multiplies their vulnerability to malware attacks and requires careful deployment of firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, intensive user training, and the development of policies built on leading practices. Progent's veteran team of data security support experts can help your business to design, configure and manage an effective cybersecurity solution that protects critical information resources in networks that include at-home workers.
Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and control different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall support services.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by remote workers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning from SentinelOne to detect new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
Progent's Duo authentication service plans utilize Cisco's Duo technology to defend against compromised passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity verification on Apple iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. With 2FA, whenever you log into a secured online account and enter your password you are asked to verify who you are on a device that only you have and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad selection of devices can be used for this added form of authentication including an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can designate multiple verification devices. For more information about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, visit Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for telecommuters.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security professionals with top credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your operations and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home Network
To view or download a white paper about key things to focus on for securing an IT environment that supports work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system problems resulting from hardware issues, programming hiccups, human error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online access to consultants familiar with a wide array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often anticipate circumstances that require a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can help your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for safeguarding critical data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your telecommuters, see Intune telecommuter device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Allentown, Pennsylvania company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.