Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Allentown organization to select the right tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Allentown, Pennsylvania companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for setting up routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Vital processes might require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Expanding the business phone environment to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a powerful environment of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that enables remote workers to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see integration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers affordable online assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and repair integrated network models that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers fast and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to get you past tough IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline identity control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your business to use GCP's management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A fast, organization-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which could be the result of an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from help requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to track or edit their active tickets, add details, and append screenshots or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to supplement your current Help Desk organization by sharing delivery of Call Desk support transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your telecommuters, see Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters often run their personal computers and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and requires careful use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security professionals can assist your business to plan, deploy and manage a compliant security environment that guards critical information in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers used by at-home workers and either reject or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted device from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security attacks for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your processes and governance policies and review your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital data so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, human mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for safeguarding critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, refer to Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Allentown, Pennsylvania company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.