Expanding your remote workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Allentown company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Allentown, Pennsylvania businesses to with any facet of building a high-functioning remote work environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy and current IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for setting up home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical applications might require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a remote VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure web portals that allows at-home workers to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, see integration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely via a browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-author documents. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and services are provided in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to guide you past challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your GCP environment. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A sudden, organization-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be the result of a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive network of online technical support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from service requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, add information, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex issues. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows you to expand your existing Call Center staff by splitting delivery of Call Center support transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one PSA tool for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to provide world-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Work-from-Home staff members typically utilize their own computers and often work in a poorly secured physical area. This situation multiplies their vulnerability to malware attacks and calls for judicious configuration of corporate firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, thorough end-user education, and the creation of security policies built on leading practices. Progent's seasoned group of cybersecurity support experts can assist your business to plan, implement and manage an effective cybersecurity solution that protects critical IT assets in environments that incorporate an at-home workforce.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and control different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, see firewall support expertise.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by at-home workers and either reject or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning from SentinelOne to detect zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
Progent's Duo MFA Service Plans incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against password theft by using two-factor authentication. Duo enables single-tap identity confirmation with Apple iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. Using Duo 2FA, when you log into a secured online account and give your password you are requested to verify your identity via a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a different network channel. A broad selection of out-of-band devices can be utilized for this added form of ID validation including a smartphone or wearable, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You may register several validation devices. For details about Duo two-factor identity authentication services, go to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for remote workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and internal security threats for a network that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Horizon3.ai's NodeZero PEN Testing Platform is a breakthrough penetration test (pentest) product family that supports automated testing of your at-home environment and your internal and perimeter networks to help you find, rank, remediate, and confirm cybersecurity weaknesses before threat actors can exploit them. Progent's pentest experts can assist you to deploy NodeZero to perform thorough pentests of your perimeter and your internal IT infrastructure so you can evaluate your present security profile. Progent's NodeZero experts can also assist you to strengthen your network security and can assist you to plan and implement a unified cybersecurity strategy that simplifies management and delivers optimum cyber defense for on-premises, multi-cloud, remote, and perimeter IT assets. To find out additional details about Progent's threat analysis solutions based on on NodeZero's PEN test products, visit Consulting Support for NodeZero's Penetration Test Products.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper about critical things to concentrate on for securing an IT environment that incorporates work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical information in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage failures due to equipment issues, software hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online access to experts familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for protecting critical data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Allentown, Pennsylvania company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.