Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Allentown organization to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Allentown, Pennsylvania organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Allentown, Pennsylvania business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.