Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when support personnel are likely to be slower to recognize a break-in and are least able to organize a quick and coordinated response. The more lateral progress ransomware can make inside a victim's network, the more time it takes to recover basic operations and damaged files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to take the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware experts can assist businesses in the Alpharetta metro area to locate and quarantine breached servers and endpoints and guard clean resources from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Alpharetta
Modern strains of crypto-ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim encrypt online files and infiltrate any available system restores and backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make automated recovery nearly impossible and effectively knocks the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers behind a ransomware attack, insist on a ransom payment in exchange for the decryptors required to recover encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate information and TAs demand an extra ransom for not publishing this information on the dark web. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue according to the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware penetration involves several crucial stages, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the recovery team has enough people with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent first response requires blocking the sideways progress of the attack within your network. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to run unrestricted, the longer and more costly the recovery effort. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware response experts. Containment processes include isolating affected endpoints from the rest of network to minimize the contagion, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers restoring the network to a basic acceptable level of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This effort is usually the top priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This project also demands the broadest array of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and safe endpoint access. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration tools to organize the multi-faceted restoration process. Progent appreciates the importance of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a customer's managers and IT staff to prioritize activity and to put essential resources back online as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to recover data damaged by a ransomware attack depends on the condition of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and what recovery methods are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down pivotal databases which, if not properly closed, may have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can include DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many ERP and other business-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to locate undamaged data. For instance, undamaged OST files may exist on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were off line during the ransomware attack.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight ASM uses SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and medium-sized companies the advantages of the same anti-virus technology deployed by some of the world's largest enterprises such as Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware blocking, classification, containment, recovery and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring lowers total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was ranked by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for working closely with the ransomware victim and the insurance provider, if any. Activities consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker; receiving, learning, and operating the decryption tool; debugging failed files; building a clean environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption state; and restoring physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at discovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers weaknesses in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect changes. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance provider. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key activities such as business continuity are performed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting Services in Alpharetta
For ransomware system recovery consulting in the Alpharetta area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.