Overview of Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Consulting in Alpharetta
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Negotiating an acceptable settlement is a complicated exercise that calls for a combination of real-word experience, technical knowledge and business savvy. It also demands working closely with the ransomware victim's IT staff and the insurance carrier, if any. Because the number one goal of the ransomware victim is fast recovery, it is vital to deploy response groups that work effectively, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent offers the scope of technical skills and the depth of experts to complement your network staff and restore your network rapidly and economically.
Services offered by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware used in the attack
- making contact with the hacker
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Validating the hacker's decryption capabilities
- Deciding on an acceptable settlement payment with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA
- Confirming accordance with anti-money laundering laws
- Managing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Receiving, reviewing, and using the TA's decryption mechanism
- If needed, contacting the hacker for assistance with the decryption tool
After the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can assist you to restore machines and software services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also assist you to conduct a complete forensics analysis and create a document to share with the cyber insurance carrier. This document identifies security vulnerabilities that need to be corrected and recommends steps that should be performed to block future ransomware assaults.
- Isolating affected endpoints and data stores to prevent further spread of the attack
- Creating replicas of each infected device and data store in order to perform forensics in parallel with recovery
- Installing A/V agents to all clean endpoints
- Restoring files from air-gapped backups or unscathed machines
- Building a clean environment
- Mapping and connecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-encryption state
Beyond demanding money for a decryption tool, modern variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor often try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. TAs are then able to require a separate settlement for not divulging this data on the dark web. Sadly, there is no way to be certain that exfiltrated data have been completely erased by the threat actor. In fact, in many instances the hacker has limited control over data custody. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the necessity of getting the guidance of privacy attorneys, performing an inventory of files were stolen, and sending the necessary notifications to affected entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Services in Alpharetta
To contact with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement services in Alpharetta, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.