Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Alpharetta
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without impeding activity related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Alpharetta organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other key activities like operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and calls for intimate interaction with the groups assigned to data cleanup and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically require the examination of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to protect your backups.
- Create forensically sound digital images of all exposed devices so your file recovery group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine each computer and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible sideways movement from the first infected system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Alpharetta
To learn more about how Progent can help your Alpharetta organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.