Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Alpharetta
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without impeding activity related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Alpharetta business can use Progent's forensics report to combat future ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light shortcomings in rules or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and requires close cooperation with the groups focused on file recovery and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to guard backups.
- Preserve forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so the file recovery group can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey each computer and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential lateral migration from the originally infected machine
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Alpharetta
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Alpharetta organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.