Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Alpharetta company to select the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Alpharetta, Georgia companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes may demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating redundant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the business phone system to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
help you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can assist your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based access to data, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected web portals that enables at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, see integration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them securely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for enabling organizations to build, manage and repair integrated network models that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to get you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote IT support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or revise the status of their active tickets, add information, and append screen captures or relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to augment your existing Call Desk organization by sharing delivery of Call Center support seamlessly between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive team of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Telecommuters commonly use their own computers and work in an unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your company to plan, implement and manage a compliant security solution that safeguards sensitive data in networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and control different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by teleworkers and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced AI technology to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security experts with top certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and assess your network architecture to enable you to implement top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage problems due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision scenarios that call for a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for safeguarding corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, visit Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Alpharetta, Georgia organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.