Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Alpharetta company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Alpharetta, Georgia companies to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a safe connection for authorized remote employees to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for setting up routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Vital applications may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting Internet service providers, picking appropriate service bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the company PBX system to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or tune a remote IP voice service that provides the flexibility, transparency and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of video conferencing products from major technology companies support online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that allows at-home workforce to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, go to deployment consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them safely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-author documents. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to create, manage and optimize integrated hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you through tough IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your business to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your GCP environment. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
A sudden, organization-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online technical support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or edit their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex issues. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your existing Help Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk services seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class IT support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
At-home workers commonly run their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your business to plan, deploy and administer a compliant security solution that protects critical information in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers used by telecommuters and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology to identify new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and internal security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your processes and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital data so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software glitches, user error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online help from experts familiar with a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate scenarios that require a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can assist your business to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate data by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Alpharetta, Georgia company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.