Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Alpharetta company to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Alpharetta, Georgia organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be particularly complex if you must manage a combination of personal equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both outdated and modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for setting up home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing services like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical processes may demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, choosing sensible service bundles, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the company phone system to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, refer to CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that permits remote workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit integration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for enabling businesses to create, maintain and repair integrated network architectures that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy online access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional help to get you through challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's support services for Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of online technical support experts combined with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from help requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or edit their active trouble tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service allows you to supplement your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing delivery of Help Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the leading PSA platform for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to provide world-class desktop support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Remote workers commonly run their own equipment and work in an unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to plan, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that guards sensitive information in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control different permissions to different groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older security appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by telecommuters and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day threats at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security professionals with top certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your operations and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers saving and recovering critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage system failures due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate circumstances that require a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can help you to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your teleworkers, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Alpharetta, Georgia business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.