Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Alpharetta company to pick the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Alpharetta, Georgia businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for deploying routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications may demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking Internet service providers, picking appropriate service bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate PBX system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help your company to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that permits remote workforce to view and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to planning and configuration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely through a browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-edit files. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable online support for enabling businesses to build, maintain and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, and public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to guide you through tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's unified management tools to control and track your GCP environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A sudden, company-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online technical support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to track or update their active tickets, add details, and append screenshots or relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex problems. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows you to expand your existing Call Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a collective support model utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home workers commonly utilize their personal computers and usually operate in a poorly secured physical space. This increases their susceptibility to malware threats and requires careful configuration of firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, thorough user education, and the development of security policies built on leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of cybersecurity support consultants can help your business to design, configure and maintain an effective cybersecurity solution that guards critical information resources in environments that incorporate remote workers.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and control different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, see firewall integration and support expertise.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context from SentinelOne to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
Progent's Duo authentication Service Plans incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against compromised passwords through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo enables single-tap identity confirmation on iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. Using 2FA, whenever you sign into a secured online account and give your password you are asked to confirm who you are on a unit that only you possess and that is accessed using a different network channel. A wide range of devices can be utilized as this added means of authentication such as an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You can register multiple validation devices. For details about Duo identity authentication services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your processes and policies and assess your network architecture to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Horizon3.ai's NodeZero Pentest Platform is a cutting-edge penetration test (pentest) product family that supports autonomous threat assessment of your work-from-home environment and your internal and perimeter networks to help you expose, rank, remediate, and confirm security vulnerabilities before threat actors can take advantage of them. Progent can assist you to deploy NodeZero to carry out thorough penetration tests of your network perimeter and your internal IT infrastructure in order to evaluate your present security profile. Progent's NodeZero experts can also help you to harden your existing network security and can help you to design and deploy a unified cybersecurity strategy that simplifies management and delivers maximum protection for on-prem, cloud-based, remote, and perimeter IT assets. To find out additional information about Progent's threat assessment services powered by on NodeZero's PEN test platform, visit Consulting Support for NodeZero's Penetration Test Products.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper describing critical things to focus on for protecting an IT environment that incorporates work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, human mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from consultants familiar with a broad array of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision scenarios that require a quick switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding corporate information by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Alpharetta, Georgia company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.