Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Alpharetta organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Alpharetta, Georgia organizations to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized remote employees to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical processes might require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying service providers, selecting sensible service bundles, and integrating redundant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Extending the business PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, see CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can help you to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure web portals that allows at-home workers to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced online support for enabling organizations to build, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist you to use GCP's management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
A rapid, company-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or revise their active trouble tickets, add information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables you to supplement your existing Help Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a collaborative support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Remote workers commonly run their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist you to design, deploy and administer a modern security solution that protects vital information in networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by at-home workers and either block or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the infected device from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and internal security attacks for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by security experts with top certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage system problems due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for protecting corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how home-based workers share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, go to Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Alpharetta, Georgia company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.