Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Anaheim organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Anaheim, California organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you must manage a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT resources located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for deploying routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Vital processes may demand backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate phone system to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit deployment consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can access them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author files. Edits created offline are synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced remote support for helping businesses to create, maintain and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure access to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to assess the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A rapid, company-wide transition to a from-home business model, which might be the result of a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or revise their current tickets, enter information, and append screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to expand your existing Call Center team by sharing delivery of Help Desk support services transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a co-sourcing support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers often use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can assist your organization to plan, implement and manage a compliant security environment that guards critical information in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers used by teleworkers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify new threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, human error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often anticipate circumstances that require a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for protecting corporate data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management platform that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Anaheim, California business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.