Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Anaheim organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Anaheim, California businesses to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy as well as current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for configuring home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Vital applications may require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or maintain a remote IP voice service that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these products and
help you to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can assist your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven access to data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that allows at-home workers to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely through a browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to jointly author documents. Edits made offline are uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for enabling businesses to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you through challenging technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's support services for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and track your Google Cloud environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
An emergency, enterprise-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or update their current trouble tickets, add details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex issues. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows you to augment your current Support Desk team by splitting delivery of Call Center support services transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution based on the number one professional services automation tool for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Work-from-Home (WFH) employees commonly use their personal computers and usually work in an unsecured physical environment. This situation increases their susceptibility to cyber attacks and requires judicious configuration of corporate firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, thorough end-user training, and the development of policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran team of data security support consultants can help your business to design, deploy and maintain an effective security solution that guards vital IT resources in networks that include an at-home workforce.
Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and control different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either reject or spot and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the targeted endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. To find out more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo authentication service plans incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to defend against stolen passwords by using two-factor authentication. Duo supports single-tap identity verification on iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. With Duo 2FA, when you sign into a protected application and give your password you are requested to verify who you are on a unit that only you have and that is accessed using a different network channel. A wide selection of devices can be used for this second means of ID validation such as an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You may register several validation devices. For more information about ProSight Duo identity validation services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with advanced credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your procedures and governance policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to design top-level security for your remote workers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper about key things to focus on for securing an IT environment that incorporates telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online help from experts knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help you to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for protecting critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Anaheim, California business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.