Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Anaheim company to select the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Anaheim, California organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for integrating home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the company PBX environment to include telecommuters is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online integration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that permits remote workforce to view and update consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see integration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers affordable remote support for enabling businesses to build, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected access to Azure for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to guide you through challenging technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-uptime network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support experts combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or revise their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex issues. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to expand your existing Call Desk team by splitting delivery of Support Desk support transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class IT support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters often use their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist you to design, deploy and administer a modern security environment that guards critical data in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and control appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall support expertise.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers used by teleworkers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected device from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by security experts with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your processes and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for protecting corporate information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Anaheim, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.