Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Anaheim company to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Anaheim, California companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk services, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy and current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote consulting for integrating routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications may require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the corporate PBX environment to include telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based VoIP products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote IP voice service that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that enables remote workers to view and edit aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, see deployment consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them safely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to build, maintain and repair integrated network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or edit their active tickets, enter details, and append screen captures or attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows your company to augment your existing Support Desk team by splitting delivery of Help Desk support seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a collective support model based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security professionals can assist you to design, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that safeguards critical data in networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent supports both current and legacy security devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices utilized by telecommuters and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the infected device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system failures due to hardware issues, software glitches, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote access to consultants familiar with a wide range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for safeguarding critical data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune teleworker endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Anaheim, California company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.