Expanding your remote workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Anaheim organization to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Anaheim, California companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for integrating routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Vital processes may require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking service providers, picking sensible service packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate PBX system to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the versatility, convenience and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages other combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, see CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that permits remote workers to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-edit files. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable online support for enabling organizations to create, maintain and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to get you past tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to use GCP's management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from help requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or revise the status of their active tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables you to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing delivery of Call Center support transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers commonly use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your organization to plan, deploy and manage a modern security environment that guards vital data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration services, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices used by at-home workers and either reject or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and internal security threats for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your operations and governance policies and assess your IT architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage system failures due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote help from experts familiar with a wide array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate circumstances that require a quick switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, refer to Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Anaheim, California organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.