Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Anaheim organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Anaheim, California organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you must manage a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote support for both outdated as well as current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for integrating home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes might require backup Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to include remote users is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide online configuration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that permits remote workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them securely via a browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-author files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that include internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run transparently with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you past challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
An emergency, organization-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive network of online technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or edit their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots and attachments. Support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your current Call Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a collaborative support model based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Work-from-Home (WFH) employees commonly use their own computers and often operate in an unsecured physical space. This multiplies their susceptibility to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, thorough user training, and the development of security policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran group of IT security support experts can help your business to design, implement and maintain an effective security solution that protects critical IT resources in environments that incorporate an at-home workforce.
Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent works with both new and older security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers utilized by at-home workers and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology from SentinelOne to detect new threats on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even if they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
Progent's Duo authentication Managed Services incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against password theft by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables single-tap identity verification on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. With 2FA, when you sign into a secured application and give your password you are asked to confirm who you are via a unit that only you have and that uses a different network channel. A wide range of devices can be utilized as this second form of ID validation including a smartphone or watch, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You may register several verification devices. For details about Duo two-factor identity authentication services, see Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for remote workers.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by network security experts with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Horizon3.ai's NodeZero PEN Testing Platform is a leading-edge penetration test (pentest) product family that can deliver autonomous threat assessment of your work-from-home environment as well as your internal and perimeter networks to help you identify, prioritize, remediate, and confirm cybersecurity weaknesses before malicious hackers can take advantage of them. Progent's pentest experts can assist you to use NodeZero to perform thorough penetration tests of your network perimeter and your internal IT infrastructure in order to determine your current security posture. Progent's NodeZero experts can also assist you to harden your existing network security and can help you to design and deploy a unified cybersecurity ecosystem that streamlines management and provides maximum protection for on-prem, multi-cloud, at-home, and perimeter IT resources. To learn more details about Progent's threat assessment solutions based on on NodeZero's pentest platform, see Consulting Support for NodeZero's PEN Test Platform.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment
To view or download a white paper describing critical areas to focus on for securing an IT environment that includes telecommuters, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision scenarios that require a quick switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for safeguarding critical data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and delete sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune mobile endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Anaheim, California business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.