Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Anaheim organization to select the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Anaheim, California organizations to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you must manage a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized remote workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for setting up routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes may demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service bundles, and configuring redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the company phone system to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the versatility, convenience and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide online deployment and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven access to content, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that permits remote workforce to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them safely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers affordable online support for helping businesses to build, manage and optimize integrated hybrid network models that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to guide you past challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A rapid, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be driven by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online technical support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or edit the status of their active tickets, add details, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex problems. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to augment your existing Support Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a collaborative support model utilizing the number one PSA tool for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly use their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your organization to design, deploy and administer a compliant security solution that protects sensitive information in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers used by teleworkers and either block or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify new threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your processes and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical data in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software glitches, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote access to experts familiar with a wide array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate scenarios that call for a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can assist your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for protecting corporate information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, see Intune teleworker endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Anaheim, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.