Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Anaheim
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting activity related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Anaheim organization can utilize Progent's forensics report to combat future ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and highlights weaknesses in policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other important activities like operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complex and requires close interaction with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting off all possibly affected devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so your file restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect every machine and storage device on the system including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the attack and to identify any possible sideways migration from the first infected machine
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce comprehensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Anaheim
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Anaheim business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.