Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Anaheim
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting the processes required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Anaheim business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to assess the damage and uncovers shortcomings in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups responsible for file cleanup and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for variations.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Copy forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so the data recovery group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine each machine and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions to determine the timeline of the assault and to identify any possible sideways movement from the originally infected system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs from email messages and determine if they are malicious
- Provide detailed incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Anaheim
To find out more about how Progent can help your Anaheim business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.