Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support staff are likely to take longer to become aware of a breach and are least able to mount a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral progress ransomware is able to manage within a target's system, the longer it will require to restore core IT services and scrambled files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to complete the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by putting out the fire. Progent's online ransomware experts can help businesses in the Anaheim metro area to locate and quarantine infected devices and guard undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your network has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Services Offered in Anaheim
Modern strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any accessible backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and effectively sets the IT system back to square one. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement fee for the decryption tools needed to recover encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate information and TAs require an extra settlement in exchange for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you can restore your network to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can pose a major problem according to the sensitivity of the stolen information.
The recovery process after a ransomware penetration involves several crucial stages, most of which can proceed in parallel if the response team has enough members with the required experience.
- Containment: This time-critical first response involves blocking the sideways progress of the attack across your network. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to run unrestricted, the longer and more costly the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline staffed by seasoned ransomware recovery engineers. Quarantine activities consist of isolating affected endpoints from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the network to a basic useful level of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This process is typically the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This project also requires the broadest range of IT abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and safe remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery team uses state-of-the-art collaboration tools to organize the complicated recovery process. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in concert with a customer's management and network support group to prioritize tasks and to get vital services on line again as fast as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort necessary to recover data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the condition of the network, the number of files that are affected, and which restore methods are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not properly closed, might have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Some detective work may be needed to locate undamaged data. For example, non-encrypted Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' PCs and laptops that were off line at the time of the ransomware assault.
- Implementing modern antivirus/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and medium-sized businesses the advantages of the identical anti-virus technology used by many of the world's biggest corporations including Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering in-line malware filtering, detection, mitigation, restoration and analysis in a single integrated platform, ProSight ASM reduces total cost of ownership, simplifies management, and expedites operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in Progent's ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a certified SentinelOne Partner. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Services include determining the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and using the decryptor utility; debugging decryption problems; creating a pristine environment; mapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state; and restoring machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves uncovering the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights gaps in policies or work habits that should be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities like operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and security experts with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting Services in Anaheim
For ransomware system recovery expertise in the Anaheim metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.