Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Anaheim
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Negotiating an acceptable settlement is a complex activity that requires a combination of real-word experience, technical knowledge and business acumen. It also calls for close co-operation with the victim's IT staff and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Because the top priority of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is vital to establish recovery groups that operate efficiently, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent has the scope of technical skills and the depth of experts to supplement your network staff and restore your network rapidly and affordably.
Support provided by Progent's ransomware settlement team include:
Concurrent with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can help with:
- Determining the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- making contact with the hacker
- Evaluating the recovery risk
- Testing the hacker's decryption tool
- Deciding on an acceptable settlement amount with the victim and the insurance provider
- Establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the TA
- Confirming compliance with anti-money laundering regulations
- Managing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Receiving, reviewing, and using the TA's decryption tool
- If needed, contacting the TA for assistance with the decryptor tool
After the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can help you to recover computers and software services to their original state. Progent can also help you to conduct comprehensive forensics and generate a document to share with the cyber insurance carrier. This report helps you to understand cybersecurity gaps that must be corrected and suggests steps that can be performed to combat future ransomware attacks.
- Quarantining affected endpoints to prevent further progress of the assault
- Creating replicas of every infected server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics without interfering with recovery
- Installing A/V protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Salvaging files from air-gapped restores or uncompromised endpoints
- Building a clean environment
- Remapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-attack state
Paying Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to demanding payment for a decryption tool, modern strains of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim often attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. Hackers can then demand a separate settlement for not publishing this data or selling it. Unfortunately, there exists no method to guarantee that stolen files have been completely erased by the hacker. In fact, in many cases the threat actor has limited control about where the information ends up. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the need for engaging the guidance of privacy attorneys, performing an investigation into which data were stolen, and sending the required notifications to affected entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP application software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Anaheim
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement negotiation services in Anaheim, call Progent at 800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.