Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Anchorage company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Anchorage, Alaska businesses to with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authorized remote employees to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for configuring home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by providing services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical processes may require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Anchorage, Alaska company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.