Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Anchorage company to pick the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Anchorage, Alaska organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote support for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Anchorage, Alaska organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.