Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Anchorage organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Anchorage, Alaska businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated and modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for setting up routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes might require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating redundant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Anchorage, Alaska company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.