Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Anchorage company to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Anchorage, Alaska businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
assist you to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Anchorage, Alaska business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.