Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Anchorage organization to select the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Anchorage, Alaska businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning remote work ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many companies use a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Anchorage, Alaska organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.