Mac users who need an Exchange-compatible email client from Microsoft have depended on Entourage or Microsoft Web Access. Following the introduction of Microsoft Office for Mac 2011, Microsoft has replaced the Entourage client with Outlook for Mac 2011. Progent's Mac specialists and Microsoft-certified Exchange Server consultants can help you to maintain an older Entourage system, design and execute a smooth migration to Microsoft's latest technology, and enhance your Exchange Server deployment to optimize the speed, availability, protection, collaborative capability, and general strategic impact of your email, messaging, and conferencing ecosystem.
Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac, available in Office 365 for Mac, replaces Entourage and has been redesigned to provide significant enhancements in the areas of email creation and management, scheduling, backup and restore, search, Windows compatibility, sharing, performance, video conferencing, voice mail, mobility, Instant Messaging, and presence. The Office Outlook for Mac database for email messages, contacts, and calendars is now saved in individual text files, making them simpler to manage. Outlook for Mac is also Spotlight searchable and able to be copied and restored via Apple Time Machine. Configuring accounts has been simplified so you can quickly add Exchange-based accounts or accounts from popular email services.
Progent's Mac integration specialists and Microsoft premier consultants can assist your company to migrate from the discontinued Entourage email client for Exchange Server so your Apple Mac users can team with colleagues who use Microsoft Outlook. Entourage allowed you ro utilize your Microsoft Exchange account to send and receive email, search your Exchange global address list (GAL), synchronize your calendar and contact list, and invite people to meetings and events. Entourage was designed to support AppleScript as well as the Spotlight search tool. Progent can assist you to configure a secure and reliable messaging solution that replaces Entourage for Mac with an up-to-date email client that can access your Exchange Server.
Most of the extensive capabilities of Microsoft Exchange are accessible to Mac, Apple iPhone, and iPad users running any advanced web browser by using the Outlook Web App (formerly named Outlook Web Access). Outlook Web App enables macOS, OS X and Apple iOS users to connect to email, voice messages, IM, and test through Apple Safari and other popular browsers. Powerful capabilities of Outlook Web App include conversation grouping for simplified thread management, extended web browser compatibility, MailTips to help avoid dangerous or unsuitable email transmissions, a limitless size one-page email message folder to eliminate the time and effort associated with scrolling through messages page by page, a nickname cache to speed up email addressing, advanced filtering and search options, calendar sharing, new presence awareness indicators within contact lists, client-based Instant Messaging, ActiveSync integration for test messages, and customizable favorites filters (like unread emails) for quick access to task-relevant information.
Progent's Outlook for Mac 2011 Support Services
Outlook for Mac is included with Office365 for Mac and replaces the Entourage email client. Outlook for Mac has been re-architected to offer important enhancement in major facets of unified messaging such as email creation and management, calendaring, backup/recovery, search, Windows coexistence, teamwork, speed, conferencing, voice mail support, mobility, instant messaging, and presence awareness.
Progent can assist your company to integrate Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 into your messaging system so you can take advantage of its powerful new capabilities, including:
Progent can assist you to design, implement, and support a multi-platform environment that allows your Mac OS X users to use Office Outlook for Mac 2011 to access Exchange Server. Progent's Microsoft-certified engineers and Mac experts can help you to integrate your Mac OS X computers to your Exchange Server. Progent will make sure that your Exchange Server is properly configured and that WebDAV, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, and Outlook Web are correctly enabled. Progent can also deliver a full range of Exchange Server support services such as system architecture, configuration, maintenance, security, online access, performance tuning, plus spam/virus filtering and email encryption. Progent also offers tailored one-on-one Entourage for Mac education.
- Conversations: Thread management is simplified due to Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011's automatic ability to arrange associated messages into one consolidated message group.
- Attachment Preview: The Quick Look feature allows you to read attachments from inside an email without requiring you to open the attachments from their appropriate software programs.
- Unified Folders: Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac now places your email, drafts, sent mail and deleted items for each of your mailboxes in consolidated folders so you no longer need to check separate email accounts and multiple folders.
- Import PST Files: Moving from a Windows client is simplified by the ability to download Windows PST files to Outlook for Mac without the need for external software.
- Filter by Category: You can immediately view critical calendar items and contact data according to categories you define.
- Overlay Calendar View: Office Outlook for Mac can stack shared calendars so you can immediately spot scheduling conflicts.
- Calendar Preview: A calendar snapshot shown in a meeting invitation allows you to detect scheduling conflicts or examine adjacent meetings instantly.
- Reply with Meeting: You can launch a meeting invitation in a single-click answer to an email message.
- Contact Card: Using Microsoft Messenger for Mac 8 or Microsoft Communications Server with Microsoft Communicator for Mac 2011, you can view presence data in the Contact Card and initiate Instant Messaging, a video conference, or a voice call without leaving Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac 2011.
- Contacts Search Panel: You can instantly search through your contacts from any view in Microsoft Outlook for Mac.
- Information Rights Management (IRM): With the volume-license version of Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 and a Rights Management server running under Windows Server 2008, you can implement enterprise-class security for sensitive emails.
- Offline Address Books: Support for offline contact data gives users 24x7 access to contact information.
- Voice Mail Preview: When used with Exchange Server 2010, Office Outlook for Mac can transform voice mail to readable text messages and add them to your inbox to save time during the task of checking voice mail.
Support Services for Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac
Entourage 2008 was designed as a personal information manager (PIM) that assists you to deal with messages, contacts, schedules, notes, and projects. Thanks to the Exchange Server interface incorporated into Entourage 2008, you can work more efficiently in an Exchange-powered messaging system and collaborate with colleagues who run Outlook as their email client software.
Features of Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac include:
Progent can help you to maintain your existing Microsoft Entourage system or help you design and implement a smooth migration from any edition of Entourage to the latest version of Outlook for Mac.
- Consolidate Your Personal Information: Microsoft Entourage 2008 allows you to consolidate your e-mail, contacts, calendar, notes, and task information in a single convenient location.
- Exchange Support: Users can operate seamlessly in an Exchange system because Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac uses the WebDAV standard. You can send and get messages, search the Exchange global address list (GAL), import addresses, sync your calendar, and invite people to events with your Exchange account.
- Address Book Synchronization: You can synchronize your contacts with those in your Microsoft Exchange personal address database, offering full access to your address list online or offline.
- Directory Search: You can quickly locate addresses by searching the Exchange global address list (GAL).
- Support for Multiple Email Accounts: Entourage 2008 for Mac permits you to set up multiple email accounts including IMAP, POP, and Hotmail accounts. This allows you to handle all your email with one convenient program.
- Schedule Synchronization: You can keep your Microsoft Entourage 2008 Calendar synchronized with Exchange server in order to remain up to date with your calendar whether you are connected to the server or offline.
- Message Grouping: Microsoft Entourage 2008 enables you to organize, view, and search for messages based on project, sender, time, or other fields.
- Easy Archiving: Entourage 2008 enables you to export personal information manager (PIM) records such as email, addresses, or calendars into an Entourage 2008 for Mac backup system to keep your personal information consistent and safe.
- Microsoft Word Compatibility: You can send Word files directly as the body of messages.
Additional Support for Microsoft Exchange Server in a Cross-platform Network
For cross-platform networks that do not use Outlook for Mac but which include Exchange Server plus a mix of Mac, Windows, Linux/UNIX, or other common platforms, Progent's consultants can assist to integrate messaging clients into a cohesive system that maximizes the ability to cooperate and exchange information. Progent can clarify the benefits and limitations of using Microsoft Outlook Web as an email client for non-Microsoft systems and can help your company to incorporate a variety of email clients into your environment.
Progent also offers a range of Microsoft Exchange support services to help your company to improve messaging security, Exchange availability, remote and wireless Exchange access, messaging system manageability, and Exchange backup and recovery processes. Progent's Exchange Server upgrade services streamline and expedite the task of going from an outdated messaging system or an older version of Exchange to a current version. Progent also provides Exchange Server hosting to reduce the cost, streamline the administration, and increase the dependability of your Exchange Server. To find out additional details concerning Progent's consulting services for Exchange, visit Exchange Server Consultants.
Contact Progent to Interface Apple macOS and OS X Clients and Microsoft Exchange Server
If your company is looking for a Mac specialist, phone Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Progent's Expertise for UNIX-based Platforms
Progent's UNIX-family consulting experts offer small businesses and software developers help with administering and servicing UNIX/Linux/Mac-based networks that can coexist with Microsoft-based technology. Progent offers your business contact with UNIX support professionals, certified Microsoft consultants, Cisco-certified CCIEs, and security specialists accredited by CISSP. This wide array of expertise offers your company a convenient one-stop resource to assist you to build and maintain a safe and reliable cross-platform connectivity and communications infrastructure that combines Windows with popular variants of UNIX including:
Apple macOS and OS X ,
IBM AIX Open UNIX,
HP-UX (Hewlett Packard UNIX),
Berkeley UNIX (BSD),
SCO UNIX and
Silicon Graphics IRIX or major Linux distributions such as
Debian GNU/Linux and
fedora Linux, and