Mac users who need an Exchange-aware email client from Microsoft have depended on Entourage or Microsoft Web Access. Following the introduction of Microsoft Office for Mac 2011, Microsoft has replaced the Entourage client with Outlook 2011. Progent's macOS and OS X technology experts and Microsoft-certified Exchange engineers can help you to support a legacy Entourage system, plan and execute a smooth migration to Microsoft's current technology, and revamp your Exchange Server deployment to improve the speed, reliability, security, collaborative capability, and overall business impact of your email, messaging, and conferencing solution.
Office Outlook for Mac, part of Office 365 for Mac, takes the place of Entourage and has been re-architected to provide significant improvements in the areas of usability, calendar management, backup and restoration, search, Windows compatibility, sharing, performance, voice and video conferencing, voice mail, mobility support, IM, and presence. The Outlook for Mac database for email, contact information, and calendars is now stored in individual text files, making them easier to manage. Office Outlook for Mac is also directly Spotlight searchable and capable of being copied and recovered via Apple Time Machine. Setting up accounts has been simplified so you can easily add Exchange-based accounts or accounts from popular services.
Progent's OS X integration specialists and Microsoft certified support professionals can help your company to migrate from the discontinued Entourage email client for Exchange Server so your Mac users can team with workers who run Outlook client. Entourage allowed you ro utilize your Microsoft Exchange account to send and receive email, access your Exchange global address list, sync up your schedule and contact list, and invite people to meetings. Microsoft Entourage was designed to support AppleScript as well as Apple's Spotlight search utility. Progent can assist you to integrate a secure and reliable email solution that replaces Entourage for Mac with a current email client that can communicate with your Exchange Server.
Most of the features of Microsoft Exchange are available to Mac, Apple iPhone, and iPad users via any full-featured web browser by utilizing the Outlook Web App (previously named Outlook Web Access). Outlook Web App allows macOS, Mac OS X and Apple iOS devices to access email, voice mail, Instant Messages, and SMS text via Safari and other major web browsers. Powerful capabilities of Outlook Web App include conversation grouping for simplified thread management, expanded web browser compatibility, MailTips to help avoid dangerous or unsuitable email usage, a limitless size single-page email message folder to do away with the time and effort related to advancing through messages manually, a nickname buffer to streamline email addressing, advanced filtering and search, shared calendars, new presence indicators inside contact lists, client-based IM, ActiveSync support for SMS text messages, and customizable favorites filters (like unread messages) for quick access to task-relevant data.
Progent's Outlook for Mac 2011 Consulting Expertise
Outlook for Mac is included with Office365 for Mac and takes the place of the Entourage email client. Microsoft Outlook for Mac has been redesigned to offer important improvements in key areas of business communications such as email creation and management, scheduling, backup and restore, search, Windows coexistence, collaboration, performance, conferencing, voice mail support, mobility, instant messaging, and presence awareness.
Progent can help your company to integrate Outlook for Mac 2011 into your messaging environment so you can take advantage of its new capabilities, including:
Progent can assist you to plan, deploy, and maintain a cross-platform environment that allows your Mac users to use Outlook for Mac to connect to Microsoft Exchange. Progent's Microsoft-certified consultants and Mac experts can assist you to connect your Mac OS X computers to your Microsoft Exchange Server. Progent will make sure that your Microsoft Exchange Server is properly installed and that WebDAV, LDAP, and Outlook Web are properly integrated. Progent can also deliver a broad array of Exchange Server support services including design, configuration, maintenance, protection, remote access, performance optimization, plus spam/virus filtering and email encryption. Progent also provides tailored one-on-one Entourage for Mac training.
- Conversations: Thread management is simplified due to Outlook for Mac's ability to arrange associated messages into one consolidated message group.
- File Attachment Preview: The Quick Look feature allows you to read attachments from inside an email without making it necessary to open the attachments in their appropriate applications.
- Unified Folders: Office Outlook for Mac now places your email, draft messages, sent mail and erased messages for all of your mailboxes into consolidated folders so you no longer have to look through individual accounts and folders.
- Import PST Files: Moving from a Windows client is simplified by the ability to download Windows PST files to Microsoft Outlook for Mac without the need for third-party utilities.
- Filter by Category: You can quickly retrieve relevant calendar information and contact data according to categories you specify.
- Overlay Calendar View: Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac can superimpose shared calendars so you can quickly detect conflicts.
- Calendar Preview: A calendar preview shown in a meeting invitation enables you to spot conflicts or check adjacent events immediately.
- Reply with Meeting: You can launch a conference invitation in a single-click answer to an email message.
- Contact Card: Running Microsoft Messenger for Mac 8 or Communications Server with Microsoft Communicator for Mac 2011, you can see presence data in the new Contact Card and launch Instant Messaging, a video conference, or a voice call from within Office Outlook for Mac.
- Contacts Search Panel: You can instantly search through your contact database from any view in Microsoft Outlook for Mac.
- Information Rights Management: If you have the volume-license version of Outlook for Mac and a Rights Management server operating with Windows Server 2008, you can provide enterprise-grade security for sensitive messages.
- Offline Address Books: New support for offline contact data gives users 24x7 access to vital contact data.
- Voice Mail Preview: With Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Microsoft Outlook for Mac can convert voice mail to text messages and put them into your inbox to cut the time spent during the often tedious task of reviewing voice messages.
Support for Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac
Microsoft Entourage 2008 was designed as an information manager that helps users to deal with messages, contacts, schedules, notes, and tasks. Thanks to the Exchange Server interface built into Microsoft Entourage 2008, users can operate more productively in a Microsoft Exchange Server-powered messaging environment and team with associates who run Microsoft Outlook as their email client.
Features of Microsoft Entourage 2008 include:
Progent can assist you to maintain your existing Microsoft Entourage system or help you plan and implement an efficient upgrade from any edition of Microsoft Entourage to the current version of Office Outlook for Mac.
- Centralize Personal Information: Entourage 2008 for Mac allows you to consolidate your e-mail, contacts, schedule, notes, and task information in one convenient place.
- Exchange Server Integration: You can work transparently in an Exchange environment because Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac utilizes the Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning protocol. You can transmit and get email, search the Exchange global address list (GAL), import addresses, sync up your schedule, and invite people to events with your Exchange account.
- Contact Synchronization: You can synchronize your contacts with those in your Exchange personal address book, so you have full access to your contacts online or offline.
- Directory Search: You can quickly locate email addresses by looking through the Exchange global address list (GAL).
- Support for Multiple Accounts: Entourage 2008 for Mac permits you to set up multiple accounts including IMAP, POP, and Hotmail accounts. This allows you to manage all your email with one easy-to-use program.
- Calendar Synchronization: You can keep your Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac Calendar synchronized with Exchange server to stay up to date with your schedule whether you are connected to the server or working offline.
- Message Grouping: Entourage 2008 for Mac enables you to group, read, and look for messages based on project, sender, date, or other fields.
- Efficient Archiving: Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac enables you to export personal data such as messages, addresses, or schedules to an Entourage 2008 for Mac archive system to keep your PIM database consistent and secure.
- Microsoft Word Integration: You can send Microsoft Word files directly as the content of messages.
Additional Support Services for Microsoft Exchange Server in a Cross-platform Network
For multi-platform systems that do not utilize Outlook for Mac but which incorporate Microsoft Exchange plus a mix of Mac, Microsoft Windows, Linux/UNIX, or other common operating systems, Progent's consultants can assist to integrate messaging clients within a seamless system that maximizes the ability to collaborate and exchange data. Progent can clarify the benefits and limitations of using Outlook Web App as an email client for non-Microsoft systems and can help you to incorporate a variety of messaging clients into your network.
Progent also provides an array of Exchange Server consulting services to help you to improve email security, Exchange fault-tolerance, off-site and wireless Exchange connectivity, email manageability, and Exchange Server backup/restore procedures. Progent's Exchange upgrade and migration services streamline and de-risk the job of moving from a legacy messaging system or an older version of Exchange Server to a current version. Progent also provides Exchange Server hosting to lower the cost, streamline the administration, and improve the availability of your Exchange Server. For more information about Progent's consulting services for Exchange, visit Exchange Server Consultants.
Get in Touch with Progent to Connect Apple macOS and OS X Clients and Microsoft Exchange Server
If your organization is looking for a macOS or OS X expert, phone Progent at 800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.
Progent's Consulting Services for UNIX Platforms
Progent's UNIX support services offer small companies and developers help with managing and maintaining UNIX/Linux/Mac-based systems that can operate alongside Microsoft technology. Progent provides your organization contact with UNIX technical professionals, authorized Microsoft consultants, Cisco CCIEs, and security specialists certified by CISSP and CISM. This wide range of knowledge offers your company a convenient one-stop resource to assist your business to create and maintain a safe and reliable multi-vendor network and communications solution that blends Windows with popular derivatives of UNIX such as:
macOS and OS X ,
IBM AIX Operating System,
HP-UX (Hewlett Packard UNIX),
Berkeley UNIX (BSD),
SCO UNIX and
Silicon Graphics IRIX (SGI/IRIX) or major Linux distributions such as