Mac users who want an Exchange-compatible mail client from Microsoft have relied on Microsoft Entourage or Microsoft Web Access. Following the introduction of Microsoft Office for Mac 2011, Microsoft has replaced the Entourage client with Outlook 2011. Progent's macOS and OS X specialists and Microsoft-certified Exchange engineers can help you to maintain an older Entourage environment, plan and execute an efficient migration to Microsoft's current platform, and enhance your Exchange Server infrastructure to optimize the speed, reliability, protection, collaboration support, and overall business impact of your email, messaging, and conferencing ecosystem.
Office Outlook for Mac, available in Office 365 for Mac, replaces Entourage and has been redesigned to provide substantial improvements in the areas of usability, scheduling, backup and restore, search, Windows integration, sharing, speed, voice and video conferencing, voice mail, mobility, Instant Messaging, and presence. The Outlook for Mac database for email, contacts, and calendars is now stored in individual text files, making them easier to manage. Outlook for Mac is also directly Spotlight searchable and able to be backed up and recovered with Apple Time Machine. Setting up accounts has been simplified so you can easily add either Exchange-based accounts or accounts from popular email services.
Progent's Mac integration specialists and Microsoft premier consultants can assist you to migrate from the discontinued Entourage email client for Microsoft Exchange so your Apple Mac users can team with workers who use Microsoft Outlook. Microsoft Entourage enabled you ro use your Microsoft Exchange account to send and receive your email, access your Microsoft Exchange global address list (GAL), sync up your schedule and contact list, and invite colleagues to meetings and events. Entourage was designed to work with AppleScript and Apple's Spotlight search utility. Progent can help you to integrate a secure and reliable messaging solution that replaces Entourage for Mac with an up-to-date email client that can access your Exchange Server.
Most of the extensive capabilities of Microsoft Exchange are available to Mac, iPhone, and iPad users running any full-featured browser by utilizing the enhanced Outlook Web App (previously named Outlook Web Access). Outlook Web App allows macOS, Mac OS X and Apple iOS devices to access email, voice mail, IM, and SMS text through Apple Safari and other major web browsers. Powerful features of Outlook Web App include automatic conversation grouping for enhanced thread management, expanded browser support, MailTips to guard against dangerous or unsuitable email usage, an unlimited size single-page message folder to do away with the time and delays associated with scrolling through messages page by page, a nickname cache to speed up email addressing, enhanced filtering and search, shared calendars, new presence indicators inside contact lists, client-based Instant Messaging, ActiveSync integration for SMS text messages, and customizable favorites filters (like unread messages) for fast retrieval of critical data.
Progent's Office Outlook for Mac 2011 Consulting Services
Microsoft Outlook for Mac is a component of Microsoft Office365 for Mac and replaces Entourage. Outlook for Mac has been re-architected to provide important enhancement in major areas of business communications including email creation and management, calendaring, backup and restore, search, Windows integration, teamwork, performance, voice and video conferencing, voice mail management, remote access, IM, and presence.
Progent can help your company to incorporate Outlook for Mac 2011 into your messaging system so you can take advantage of its new capabilities, including:
Progent can assist your company to design, implement, and maintain a cross-platform network that allows your Mac OS X clients to utilize Office Outlook for Mac 2011 to connect to Microsoft Exchange. Progent's Microsoft-qualified consultants and Mac experts can help you to integrate your Mac OS X computers to your Exchange Server. Progent will verify that your Microsoft Exchange Server is correctly configured and that WebDAV, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, and Outlook Web Access are correctly enabled. Progent can also deliver a broad range of MS Exchange support services such as system architecture, configuration, troubleshooting, protection, remote connectivity, performance tuning, plus spam/virus filtering and email encryption. Progent also offers customized individual Entourage education.
- Conversations: Managing threads is made easy by Microsoft Outlook for Mac's ability to arrange related emails into one consolidated message group.
- Attachment Preview: Quick Look allows you to preview attachments from inside an email message without making it necessary to open the attachments in their appropriate applications.
- Unified Folders: Office Outlook for Mac 2011 now automatically puts your email, draft messages, sent mail and deleted items for all of your mailboxes into unified folders so you donít need to look through individual accounts and folders.
- Import Windows PST Files: Moving from a Windows client is simplified by the ability to download Windows email PST files directly to Outlook for Mac 2011 without requiring external software.
- Filter by Category: You can immediately retrieve critical calendar information and contact data based on categories you define.
- Overlay Calendar View: Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 can stack shared calendars so you can immediately detect conflicts.
- Calendar Preview: A schedule snapshot displayed in a meeting invitation enables you to detect scheduling conflicts or examine adjacent meetings immediately.
- Reply with Meeting: You can generate a meeting invitation in a one-click reply to an email.
- Contact Card: Using Microsoft Messenger for Mac 8 or Microsoft Communications Server with Microsoft Communicator for Mac 2011, you can see presence information in the Outlook for Mac contact card and launch IM, a video conference, or a voice call without leaving Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac 2011.
- Contacts Search: You can quickly search through your contact database from any view in Outlook for Mac 2011.
- Information Rights Management (IRM): With the volume-license edition of Microsoft Outlook for Mac and a Rights Management server running under Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, you can implement enterprise-level security for sensitive emails.
- Offline Address Books: Support for offline address books gives users 24x7 access to vital contact information.
- Voice Mail Preview: With Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac can convert voice mail to readable text messages and add them to your inbox to save time going through the task of reviewing voice messages.
Support for Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac
Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac was designed as a personal information manager that assists users to deal with messages, contacts, schedules, notes, and tasks. Thanks to the Exchange Server support built into Microsoft Entourage 2008, users can work more productively in a Microsoft Exchange Server-based email environment and collaborate with associates who run Microsoft Outlook as their messaging client software.
Features of Entourage 2008 include:
Progent can assist you to support your current Entourage environment or help you design and implement an efficient upgrade from any edition of Microsoft Entourage to the current release of Office Outlook for Mac.
- Consolidate Personal Data: Microsoft Entourage 2008 enables you to consolidate your messages, contacts, schedule, notes, and project details in one convenient place.
- Exchange Server Integration: Users can work seamlessly in a Microsoft Exchange Server environment because Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac utilizes the Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning standard. You can transmit and get messages, search the Exchange global address list, import addresses, sync up your calendar, and invite associates to meetings through your Exchange account.
- Contact Synchronization: You can sync up your contacts with those in your Microsoft Exchange address book, providing full access to your address list at all times.
- Directory Service: You can quickly find addresses by searching Exchange's global address list.
- Support for Many Email Accounts: Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac allows you to set up unlimited accounts including IMAP, POP, and MSN Hotmail accounts. This enables you to manage all your email accounts with a single easy-to-use program.
- Calendar Synchronization: You can keep your Entourage 2008 for Mac Calendar synchronized with Exchange to remain current with your calendar whether you are online or offline.
- Message Grouping: Microsoft Entourage 2008 allows you to organize, read, and look for messages based on project, sender, time, or other criteria.
- Easy Backup: Entourage 2008 allows you to export personal information manager (PIM) records such as messages, addresses, or schedules to an Entourage 2008 for Mac backup system to keep your PIM database consistent and safe.
- Microsoft Word Integration: You can email Microsoft Word documents from Word as the body of e-mail messages.
Comprehensive Support for Microsoft Exchange Server in a Multi-platform Environment
For multi-platform networks that do not use Outlook for Mac but which include Exchange Server plus a mix of Mac, Windows, Linux/UNIX, or other popular platforms, Progent's Exchange experts can assist to combine messaging clients into a cohesive system that maximizes the ability to cooperate and exchange information. Progent can explain the benefits and limitations of using Outlook Web App as a messaging client for non-Microsoft computers and can assist your company to incorporate a variety of messaging clients into your network.
Progent also offers an array of Exchange Server consulting services to help you to improve email protection, Exchange Server availability, remote and wireless Exchange connectivity, email manageability, and Exchange Server backup/restore processes. Progent's Exchange upgrade and migration support services simplify and expedite the job of moving from an outdated email system or an earlier version of Exchange to a current version. Progent also provides Exchange hosting to lower the cost, streamline the administration, and improve the dependability of your Microsoft Exchange Server. For more details concerning Progent's technical support for Microsoft Exchange, see Exchange Server Consultants.
Contact Progent to Connect Apple macOS and OS X Clients and Microsoft Exchange Server
If you are looking for a macOS or OS X specialist, phone Progent at 800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.
Progent's Expertise for UNIX-based Systems
Progent's UNIX-family consulting services offer small companies and product developers help with managing and maintaining UNIX/Linux/Mac-based systems that can operate alongside Microsoft environments. Progent offers your business the services of UNIX technical experts, authorized Microsoft engineers, Cisco CCIEs, and security experts certified by CISSP. This broad range of knowledge offers you a convenient one-stop resource to assist you to create and manage a safe and resilient cross-platform network and communications infrastructure that combines Windows with popular derivatives of UNIX such as:
macOS and OS X ,
IBM AIX OS,
Silicon Graphics IRIX or major Linux distributions including
fedora Linux, and