Mac users who need an Exchange-compatible mail client from Microsoft have relied on Microsoft Entourage or Microsoft Web Access. With the introduction of Microsoft Office for Mac 2011, Microsoft has replaced the Entourage client with Outlook 2011. Progent's macOS and OS X specialists and Microsoft-certified Exchange Server engineers can assist you to maintain an older Entourage environment, design and carry out a smooth upgrade to Microsoft's latest technology, and revamp your Exchange deployment to improve the speed, availability, protection, collaboration support, and overall business impact of your email, messaging, and conferencing ecosystem.
Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac, available in Office 365 for Mac, replaces Microsoft Entourage and has been re-architected to provide significant enhancements in the areas of usability, scheduling, backup and restoration, search, Windows integration, sharing, performance, voice and video conferencing, voice mail, mobility support, Instant Messaging, and presence. The Office Outlook for Mac database for email messages, contact information, and calendars is now saved in individual text files, making them easier to control. Outlook for Mac is also directly Spotlight searchable and capable of being backed up and restored with Time Machine. Configuring accounts has been simplified so you can quickly add either Exchange-based accounts or accounts from major services.
Progent's Mac integration experts and Microsoft certified support professionals can assist your company to upgrade from the discontinued Entourage email client for Microsoft Exchange so your Apple Mac users can team with colleagues who use Microsoft Outlook. Microsoft Entourage allowed you ro use your Microsoft Exchange account to send and receive your email, access your Microsoft Exchange global address list, synchronize your calendar and contact list, and invite people to meetings. Entourage for Mac was designed to support AppleScript and Apple's Spotlight search utility. Progent can assist you to integrate a secure and reliable email solution that replaces Entourage for Mac with an up-to-date email client that can communicate with your Exchange Server.
The majority of the extensive capabilities of Exchange are accessible to Mac, Apple iPhone, and iPad users running any advanced browser by utilizing the enhanced Outlook Web App (previously named Outlook Web Access). Outlook Web App allows macOS, OS X and Apple iOS users to connect to email, voice messages, Instant Messages, and SMS text via Safari and other popular browsers. Powerful features of Outlook Web App include conversation grouping for enhanced thread management, expanded browser support, MailTips to help guard against dangerous or inappropriate email transmissions, a limitless size one-page email message folder to eliminate the time and effort related to scrolling through messages manually, a nickname cache to streamline email addressing, enhanced filtering and search options, shared calendars, new presence awareness displays within contact lists, client-based IM, ActiveSync support for SMS text messages, and customizable favorites filters (such as unread emails) for quick access to task-relevant data.
Progent's Office Outlook for Mac 2011 Consulting Expertise
Microsoft Outlook for Mac is a component of Microsoft Office365 for Mac and replaces the Entourage email client. Outlook for Mac has been redesigned to offer important improvements in major areas of unified messaging including email usability and management, scheduling, backup/recovery, search, Windows coexistence, teamwork, speed, voice and video conferencing, voice mail management, remote access, instant messaging, and presence.
Progent can help your company to integrate Microsoft Outlook for Mac into your email system so you can take advantage of its new capabilities, including:
Progent can help you to design, implement, and support a cross-platform network that allows your Mac OS X users to utilize Outlook for Mac to connect to Microsoft Exchange. Progent's Microsoft-accredited engineers and Mac OS X specialists can help you to integrate your Mac OS X systems to your Exchange Server. Progent will make sure that your Microsoft Exchange Server is correctly installed and that WebDAV, LDAP, and Outlook Web are properly enabled. Progent can also provide a full range of Microsoft Exchange consulting services including planning, integration, troubleshooting, protection, remote connectivity, performance tuning, plus spam/virus filtering and email encryption. Progent also provides customized individual Entourage for Mac training.
- Conversations: Thread management is made easy due to Outlook for Mac's automatic ability to organize related messages into one consolidated message group.
- File Attachment Preview: The Quick Look feature enables you to preview attachments from inside an email message without requiring you to open the file attachments in their associated applications.
- Unified Folders: Office Outlook for Mac now automatically puts your email, draft messages, sent mail and deleted messages for all of your mailboxes in consolidated folders so you no longer need to look through individual email accounts and multiple folders.
- Import Windows PST Files: Moving from Windows email is simplified by the ability to import Windows email PST files directly to Outlook for Mac 2011 without requiring external utilities.
- Filter by Category: You can quickly view relevant calendar information and contacts based on categories you specify.
- Overlay Calendar View: Office Outlook for Mac can stack shared calendars so you can quickly spot conflicts.
- Calendar Preview: A calendar snapshot displayed in a meeting invitation allows you to spot scheduling conflicts or check adjacent events immediately.
- Reply with Meeting: You can launch a meeting invitation in a one-click answer to an email.
- Contact Card: Running Microsoft Messenger for Mac 8 or Microsoft Communications Server with Microsoft Communicator for Mac 2011, you can view presence data in the Contact Card and launch IM, a video conference, or a voice call from within Microsoft Outlook for Mac.
- Contacts Search: You can instantly search your contacts from any view in Outlook for Mac.
- Information Rights Management: With the volume-license version of Microsoft Outlook for Mac and a Rights Management server operating with Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, you can implement enterprise-level protection for sensitive messages.
- Offline Address Books: Support for offline contact data gives users 24x7 access to contact information.
- Voice Mail Preview: With Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac can transform voice mail to readable text messages and put them into your inbox to save time going through the process of reviewing voice messages.
Support Services for Entourage 2008 for Mac
Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac was designed as an information manager that assists you to manage email, contacts, schedules, notes, and projects. Thanks to the Exchange interface built into Entourage 2008, users can operate more productively in a Microsoft Exchange Server-based email environment and collaborate with associates who run Microsoft Outlook as their messaging client software.
Features of Entourage 2008 for Mac include:
Progent can assist you to maintain your current Microsoft Entourage environment or help you design and implement an efficient migration from any edition of Microsoft Entourage to the latest release of Outlook for Mac.
- Consolidate Personal Information: Microsoft Entourage 2008 allows you to consolidate your messages, contacts, schedule, notes, and project information in one easy-to-access location.
- Exchange Server Support: You can work transparently in a Microsoft Exchange Server system because Microsoft Entourage 2008 utilizes the WebDAV standard. You can transmit and receive messages, search the Exchange global address list (GAL), import contacts, sync your schedule, and invite associates to events with your Microsoft Exchange account.
- Address Book Synchronization: You can sync your contacts with your Microsoft Exchange address database, providing full access to your contacts online or offline.
- Directory Search: You can immediately locate addresses by looking through the Exchange global address list.
- Access to Many Email Accounts: Entourage 2008 allows you to set up unlimited accounts including IMAP, POP, and MSN Hotmail type accounts. This allows you to handle all your email accounts with one easy-to-use tool.
- Schedule Synchronization: You can keep your Microsoft Entourage 2008 Calendar synchronized with Exchange to remain up to date with your schedule whether you are online or working offline.
- Message Organization: Entourage 2008 enables you to organize, view, and look for messages based on project, sender, time, or other fields.
- Convenient Archiving: Entourage 2008 allows you to export personal information manager (PIM) records such as messages, contacts, or calendars to an Entourage 2008 for Mac backup package to keep your PIM database clean and secure.
- Microsoft Word Integration: You can send Word documents directly as the content of messages.
Additional Support for Microsoft Exchange Server in a Multi-platform Environment
For cross-platform systems that do not use Outlook for Mac but which include Microsoft Exchange as well as a combination of Mac, Windows, Linux/UNIX, or other common operating systems, Progent's Exchange experts can assist to combine email clients within a cohesive system that optimizes the ability to collaborate and share data. Progent can clarify the benefits and shortcomings of utilizing Outlook Web App as a messaging client for non-Microsoft systems and can help your company to integrate a mix of messaging clients into your environment.
Progent also provides a range of Microsoft Exchange support services to assist your company to improve email protection, Exchange availability, off-site and wireless email access, messaging system administration, and Exchange backup/restore procedures. Progent's Exchange upgrade services streamline and expedite the job of going from a legacy messaging system or an earlier release of Exchange to a current version. Progent also provides Exchange hosting to lower the cost, simplify the administration, and improve the availability of your Microsoft Exchange Server. To learn additional details concerning Progent's technical support for Microsoft Exchange, see Exchange Server Consultants.
Get in Touch with Progent to Interface Apple macOS and OS X Clients and Microsoft Exchange Server
If your company is looking for a macOS or OS X consultant, phone Progent at 800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.
Progent's Support for UNIX-based Platforms
Progent's UNIX-family support experts offer small businesses and product developers assistance with administering and supporting UNIX/Linux/Mac-based networks that may operate alongside Microsoft-based technology. Progent provides your company access to UNIX support experts, certified Microsoft consultants, Cisco CCIEs, and security specialists certified by CISSP. This wide array of knowledge offers your company a convenient one-stop source to help you to build and support a safe and resilient cross-platform connectivity and communications infrastructure that combines Windows with leading variants of UNIX including:
macOS and OS X ,
IBM AIX Operating System,
HP-UX (Hewlett Packard UNIX),
Berkeley UNIX (BSD),
Silicon Graphics IRIX (SGI/IRIX) or major Linux distributions such as
fedora Linux, and