Mac users who need an Exchange-compatible email client from Microsoft have depended on Entourage or Microsoft Web Access. Following the introduction of Office for Mac 2011, Microsoft has replaced Entourage with Outlook 2011. Progent's macOS and OS X specialists and Microsoft-certified Exchange Server consultants can assist you to support a legacy Entourage system, plan and execute an efficient upgrade to Microsoft's latest technology, and enhance your Exchange Server infrastructure to optimize the speed, availability, security, collaborative capability, and overall strategic impact of your email, messaging, and conferencing ecosystem.
Office Outlook for Mac, part of Office 365 for Mac, takes the place of Entourage and has been re-architected to provide significant improvements in the areas of email creation and management, calendar management, backup and restore, search, Windows coexistence, sharing, speed, video conferencing, voice mail, mobility support, IM, and presence. The Outlook for Mac database for email, contacts, and calendars is now saved in separate text files, making them simpler to control. Office Outlook for Mac is also Spotlight searchable and capable of being backed up and recovered via Apple Time Machine. Configuring accounts has been simplified so you can quickly add either Exchange-based accounts or accounts from major services.
Progent's OS X technology specialists and Microsoft premier support professionals can assist your company to upgrade from the discontinued Entourage email client for Microsoft Exchange so your Mac users can team with colleagues who use Outlook client. Microsoft Entourage enabled you ro use your Exchange account to send and receive your email, search your Exchange global address list (GAL), synchronize your calendar and contacts, and invite people to meetings and events. Entourage was designed to work with AppleScript as well as the Spotlight search tool. Progent can assist you to configure a secure and reliable messaging solution that replaces Entourage for Mac with a current email client that can communicate with your Exchange Server.
The majority of the features of Microsoft Exchange are accessible to Mac, Apple iPhone, and iPad users via any advanced browser by utilizing the Outlook Web App (previously named Outlook Web Access). Outlook Web App enables macOS, OS X and Apple iOS users to connect to email, voice mail, Instant Messages, and SMS text via Safari and other major web browsers. Advanced features of Outlook Web App include automatic conversation grouping for enhanced thread management, extended browser support, MailTips to guard against disruptive or inappropriate email transmissions, an unlimited size single-page message folder to eliminate the time and effort associated with advancing through messages page by page, a nickname cache to streamline email addressing, enhanced filtering and search options, calendar sharing, new presence awareness displays inside contact lists, client-based Instant Messaging, ActiveSync integration for SMS text messages, and user-defined favorites filters (like unread messages) for quick retrieval of critical data.
Progent's Office Outlook for Mac 2011 Consulting Services
Outlook for Mac is a component of Office365 for Mac and takes the place of Entourage. Microsoft Outlook for Mac has been redesigned to offer important improvements in key areas of business communications including email usability and control, calendaring, backup/recovery, search, Windows coexistence, collaboration, performance, conferencing, voice mail support, mobility, instant messaging, and presence awareness.
Progent can assist you to integrate Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 into your messaging environment so you can take advantage of its powerful new capabilities, including:
Progent can help your company to design, implement, and support a cross-platform environment that enables your Mac OS X clients to utilize Outlook for Mac 2011 to access Exchange Server. Progent's Microsoft-qualified engineers and Mac OS X specialists can help you to integrate your Mac OS X systems to your Exchange Server. Progent will make sure that your Microsoft Exchange Server is properly set up and that WebDAV, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, and Outlook Web Access are properly integrated. Progent can also deliver a broad range of MS Exchange consulting services such as system architecture, configuration, maintenance, security, remote access, performance tuning, plus spam/virus blocking and email encryption. Progent also provides customized individual Entourage for Mac training.
- Conversations: Managing threads is simplified by Outlook for Mac's automatic ability to arrange associated messages into a single message collection.
- File Attachment Preview: Quick Look allows you to preview attachments from inside a message without requiring you to launch the file attachments in their associated software programs.
- Unified Folders: Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac 2011 now automatically puts your email, drafts, sent mail and erased items for each of your mailboxes into unified folders so you no longer need to check individual email accounts and folders.
- Import PST Files: Moving from a Windows client is streamlined by the ability to download Windows email PST files to Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 without the need for external software.
- Filter by Category: You can quickly retrieve relevant calendar information and contact data according to categories you define.
- Overlay Calendar View: Office Outlook for Mac can superimpose shared calendars so you can quickly uncover scheduling conflicts.
- Calendar Preview: A calendar snapshot shown in a meeting invitation allows you to spot scheduling conflicts or check adjacent events instantly.
- Reply with Meeting: You can generate a meeting invitation in a single-click reply to an email message.
- Contact Card: Using Microsoft Messenger for Mac 8 or Communications Server with Microsoft Communicator for Mac 2011, you can see presence information in the new Outlook for Mac contact card and launch IM, a voice or video conference, or a voice call without leaving Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac.
- Contacts Search: You can quickly search through your contacts from any view in Microsoft Outlook for Mac.
- IRM Security: If you have the volume-license edition of Outlook for Mac 2011 and a Rights Management server operating with Windows Server 2008, you can implement advanced security for sensitive emails.
- Offline Address Books: New support for offline contact data gives mobile users 24x7 access to contact information.
- Voice Mail Preview: When used with Exchange Server 2010, Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 can convert voice messages to readable text messages and add them to your inbox to save time during the often tedious task of reviewing voice messages.
Support Services for Entourage 2008 for Mac
Entourage 2008 for Mac was designed as a personal information manager that helps users to manage email messages, contacts, schedules, notes, and projects. Thanks to the Exchange Server support incorporated into Entourage 2008, you can work more efficiently in a Microsoft Exchange Server-based messaging system and collaborate with associates who run Microsoft Outlook as their email client software.
Features of Entourage 2008 for Mac include:
Progent can assist you to maintain your existing Entourage system or help you plan and implement an efficient migration from any edition of Entourage to the latest version of Office Outlook for Mac.
- Consolidate Personal Information: Microsoft Entourage 2008 enables you to organize your e-mail, contacts, calendar, notes, and project information in a single convenient location.
- Exchange Server Support: Users can operate seamlessly in an Exchange Server environment because Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac uses the Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning standard. You can send and receive messages, search your Exchange global address list (GAL), import addresses, sync your schedule, and invite people to meetings through your Microsoft Exchange account.
- Contact Synchronization: You can sync up your contacts with your Microsoft Exchange personal address database, so you have full access to your address list online or offline.
- Directory Service: You can immediately find addresses by searching the Exchange global address list (GAL).
- Support for Multiple Accounts: Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac permits you to establish unlimited email accounts which can include IMAP, POP, and Hotmail type accounts. This enables you to handle all your email accounts with a single easy-to-use tool.
- Schedule Synchronization: You can keep your Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac Calendar synchronized with Exchange in order to remain current with your schedule whether you are connected to the server or offline.
- Message Grouping: Entourage 2008 enables you to organize, view, and search for messages according to project, sender, date, or other criteria.
- Efficient Backup: Microsoft Entourage 2008 allows you to export PIM data including messages, contacts, or schedules to an Entourage 2008 for Mac archive package to keep your personal information clean and safe.
- Word Compatibility: You can email Microsoft Word documents from Word as the body of e-mail messages.
Additional Support for Exchange Server in a Multi-platform Environment
For cross-platform environments that do not use Outlook for Mac but which include Microsoft Exchange plus a combination of Mac, Microsoft Windows, Linux/UNIX, or other common operating systems, Progent's network engineers can assist to integrate email clients into a seamless system that optimizes the ability to collaborate and exchange information. Progent can explain the benefits and shortcomings of using Microsoft Outlook Web App as a messaging client for non-Windows computers and can help your company to integrate a mix of email clients into your network.
Progent also offers an array of Microsoft Exchange consulting services to assist you to improve email security, Exchange availability, remote and wireless Exchange connectivity, messaging system manageability, and Exchange backup and recovery processes. Progent's Exchange Server upgrade and migration support services simplify and expedite the task of moving from an outdated email system or an earlier version of Exchange to a current version. Progent also provides Exchange hosting support to lower the cost, streamline the management, and increase the reliability of your Exchange Server. To find out additional information about Progent's professional services for Exchange, refer to Microsoft Exchange Help.
Get in Touch with Progent to Interface Apple macOS and OS X Clients and Exchange Server
If your company is in need of a macOS or OS X expert, phone Progent at 800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.
Progent's Help for UNIX-family Platforms
Progent's UNIX consulting services offer small companies and product developers assistance with managing and servicing UNIX/Linux/Mac-based networks that can coexist with Microsoft-based environments. Progent provides your business contact with UNIX support experts, authorized Microsoft engineers, Cisco-certified CCIEs, and security experts accredited by CISM. This wide array of knowledge gives your company a convenient one-stop source to assist you to build and support a secure and robust cross-platform network and communications system that combines Windows with popular derivatives of UNIX including:
macOS and OS X ,
IBM AIX OS,
Silicon Graphics IRIX (SGI/IRIX) or major Linux distributions such as
Debian GNU/Linux and
fedora Linux, and