Mac users who want an Exchange-aware email client from Microsoft have relied on Microsoft Entourage or Microsoft Web Access. Following the introduction of Office for Mac 2011, Microsoft has replaced Entourage with Outlook for Mac 2011. Progent's macOS and OS X technology experts and Microsoft-certified Exchange Server engineers can assist you to support a legacy Entourage environment, plan and carry out a smooth migration to Microsoft's latest technology, and revamp your Exchange Server infrastructure to improve the speed, reliability, protection, collaboration support, and general strategic impact of your email, messaging, and conferencing ecosystem.
Office Outlook for Mac, available in Office 365 for Mac, replaces Entourage and has been re-architected to provide significant enhancements in the areas of email creation and management, scheduling, backup and restoration, search, Windows coexistence, sharing, speed, voice and video conferencing, voice mail, mobility support, IM, and presence. The Microsoft Outlook for Mac database for email messages, contacts, and calendars is now stored in individual text files, making them simpler to control. Microsoft Outlook for Mac is also Spotlight searchable and able to be copied and restored with Time Machine. Configuring accounts has been streamlined so you can easily add Exchange-based accounts or accounts from popular email services.
Progent's Mac OS X technology experts and Microsoft certified support professionals can assist you to upgrade from the discontinued Entourage email client for Microsoft Exchange Server so your Mac users can team with colleagues who use Microsoft Outlook. Entourage enabled you ro utilize your Exchange account to send and receive your email, search your Exchange global address list, synchronize your schedule and contact list, and invite people to meetings and events. Entourage for Mac was designed to support AppleScript and the Spotlight search utility. Progent can help you to integrate a secure and dependable email solution that replaces Entourage for Mac with a current email client that can access your Exchange Server.
The majority of the extensive capabilities of Microsoft Exchange are accessible to Mac, iPhone, and iPad users running any full-featured web browser by utilizing the enhanced Outlook Web App (previously named Outlook Web Access). Outlook Web App enables macOS, OS X and Apple iOS devices to access email, voice messages, Instant Messages, and test through Apple Safari and other popular web browsers. Powerful features of Outlook Web App include conversation grouping for simplified thread control, expanded browser compatibility, MailTips to avoid disruptive or unsuitable email transmissions, a limitless size one-page email message folder to do away with the time and effort associated with advancing through email messages page by page, a nickname buffer to streamline email addressing, enhanced filtering and search options, calendar sharing, rich presence awareness indicators inside contact lists, client-based Instant Messaging, ActiveSync integration for SMS text messages, and user-defined favorites filters (like unread emails) for fast retrieval of task-relevant information.
Progent's Office Outlook for Mac 2011 Support Services
Microsoft Outlook for Mac is included with Office365 for Mac and takes the place of Entourage. Microsoft Outlook for Mac has been redesigned to offer significant improvements in key areas of unified messaging such as email usability and control, calendaring, backup/recovery, search, Windows integration, collaboration, performance, voice and video conferencing, voice mail management, remote access, instant messaging, and presence.
Progent can assist you to integrate Outlook for Mac into your email environment so you can take advantage of its new features, including:
Progent can help your company to plan, implement, and support a multi-platform network that allows your Mac OS X clients to utilize Office Outlook for Mac 2011 to connect to Exchange Server. Progent's Microsoft-accredited consultants and Mac OS X experts can assist your company to integrate your Mac systems to your Exchange Server. Progent will verify that your Exchange Server is correctly installed and that WebDAV, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, and Outlook Web are properly enabled. Progent can also offer a full array of Microsoft Exchange consulting services such as design, configuration, troubleshooting, security, remote access, performance optimization, plus spam/virus filtering and email encryption. Progent also offers customized individual Microsoft Entourage training.
- Conversations: Managing threads is made easy due to Outlook for Mac's automatic ability to organize related messages into one consolidated message group.
- Attachment Preview: Quick Look enables you to preview attachments from within an email message without requiring you to open the attachments in their appropriate software programs.
- Unified Folders: Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac now puts your email, draft messages, sent mail and erased items for all of your mailboxes into consolidated folders so you no longer have to look through separate email accounts and multiple folders.
- Import Windows PST Files: Moving from Windows email is streamlined by the ability to download Windows email PST files directly to Outlook for Mac without requiring external utilities.
- Filter by Category: You can immediately retrieve critical calendar items and contact data based on the categories you specify.
- Overlay Calendar View: Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 can superimpose shared calendars so you can quickly spot conflicts.
- Calendar Preview: A schedule snapshot shown in a meeting invitation allows you to spot conflicts or examine adjacent meetings instantly.
- Reply with Meeting: You can generate a meeting invitation in a one-click reply to an email message.
- Contact Card: Running Microsoft Messenger for Mac 8 or Communications Server with Microsoft Communicator for Mac 2011, you can see presence data in the new Contact Card and launch Instant Messaging, a voice or video conference, or a voice call from within Microsoft Outlook for Mac.
- Contacts Search: You can quickly search through your contacts from any view in Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011.
- Information Rights Management: With the volume-license edition of Outlook for Mac and a Rights Management server running under Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, you can provide enterprise-level protection for sensitive emails.
- Offline Address Books: Support for offline contact data gives mobile users 24x7 access to vital contact information.
- Voice Mail Preview: When used with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac can convert voice messages to text messages and add them to your inbox to cut the time spent going through the process of reviewing voice mail.
Support Services for Entourage 2008 for Mac
Microsoft Entourage 2008 was designed as a personal information manager that helps you to deal with email messages, contacts, schedules, notes, and projects. With the Exchange interface built into Entourage 2008 for Mac, you can work more productively in a Microsoft Exchange Server-based messaging system and collaborate with associates who use Outlook as their messaging client software.
Features of Entourage 2008 include:
Progent can assist you to support your current Microsoft Entourage system or help you plan and implement an efficient upgrade from any edition of Microsoft Entourage to the latest version of Outlook for Mac.
- Centralize Personal Data: Entourage 2008 allows you to organize your messages, contacts, calendar, notes, and project information in one easy-to-access location.
- Exchange Support: Users can work transparently in an Exchange Server environment because Entourage 2008 uses the Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning standard. You can send and get email, search the Exchange global address list, import contacts, sync up your calendar, and invite associates to events through your Exchange account.
- Contact Synchronization: You can sync up your contacts with your Microsoft Exchange address database, so you have full access to your address list online or offline.
- Directory Service: You can immediately find addresses by searching Exchange's global address list.
- Support for Multiple Accounts: Microsoft Entourage 2008 permits you to set up multiple accounts including IMAP, POP, and MSN Hotmail accounts. This allows you to manage all your email accounts with a single convenient program.
- Calendar Synchronization: You can keep your Entourage 2008 for Mac Calendar synchronized with Exchange server in order to remain up to date with your schedule when you are online or working offline.
- Message Grouping: Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac enables you to group, view, and look for messages according to project, sender, time, or other criteria.
- Convenient Archiving: Entourage 2008 enables users to export personal information manager (PIM) records such as e-mail messages, addresses, or calendars to a Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac backup system to keep your personal database clean and secure.
- Microsoft Word Compatibility: You can email Microsoft Word files from Word as the content of e-mail messages.
Comprehensive Support for Microsoft Exchange Server in a Cross-platform Network
For multi-platform networks that do not utilize Outlook for Mac but which incorporate Microsoft Exchange as well as a combination of Mac, Windows, Linux, or other common operating systems, Progent's consultants can assist to integrate messaging clients within a cohesive solution that maximizes the ability to cooperate and exchange data. Progent can clarify the advantages and limitations of utilizing Outlook Web App as a messaging client for non-Windows computers and can assist you to integrate a variety of email clients into your network.
Progent also provides a range of Exchange Server consulting services to assist you to improve email protection, Exchange Server availability, off-site and wireless Exchange connectivity, email manageability, and Exchange Server backup/restore processes. Progent's Exchange upgrade support services streamline and de-risk the job of going from an outdated messaging platform or an earlier version of Exchange to a current version. Progent also provides Exchange Server hosting to lower the cost, streamline the management, and increase the availability of your Exchange Server. To learn additional details concerning Progent's consulting support for Exchange Server, see Microsoft Exchange Help.
Contact Progent to Integrate Apple macOS and OS X Clients and Microsoft Exchange Server
If your organization is looking for a macOS or OS X expert, phone Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.
Progent's Help for UNIX-based Networks
Progent's UNIX-family support experts provide small companies and developers assistance with administering and servicing UNIX/Linux/Mac-based systems that may operate alongside Microsoft-based environments. Progent provides your company contact with UNIX support professionals, certified Microsoft engineers, Cisco CCIEs, and security specialists accredited by CISSP and CISM. This broad array of expertise gives you a convenient one-stop resource to help your business to build and manage a safe and dependable cross-platform connectivity and communications infrastructure that blends Microsoft technology with popular versions of UNIX including:
macOS and OS X ,
IBM AIX Open UNIX,
SCO UNIX and
SGI/Irix or major Linux distributions including
Debian GNU/Linux and