Mac users who want an Exchange-compatible email client from Microsoft have historically relied on Entourage or Microsoft Web Access. With the release of Office for Mac 2011, Microsoft has replaced the Entourage client with Outlook for Mac 2011. Progent's macOS and Mac OS X technology experts and Microsoft-certified Exchange consultants can help you maintain your legacy email environment, plan and carry out a smooth migration to Microsoft's latest technology, and enhance your Exchange infrastructure to optimize the performance, availability, security, productivity, collaborative capability, and overall business value of your company-wide email, messaging, and conferencing solution.
Microsoft Outlook for Mac, available in Office 365 for Mac, takes the place of Entourage and offers major improvements over its predecessor in the areas of user interface, calendaring, backup/recovery, search, integration with Windows, collaborative computing, performance, conferencing, voice mail, mobile access, IM and presence. The Outlook database has been redesigned to save email, contacts, and calendars in their own files. This simplifies file management, allows email files to be searched directly in Spotlight, and allows you to use Time Machine for backup and recovery. Account setup has been simplified by making it easy to add accounts based on Exchange or on leading email services. Outlook's unified folders eliminate the need to examine separate email accounts and folders for email, drafts, sent items, deleted items.
Progent's macOS and OS X integration specialists and Microsoft certified support experts can help your company to upgrade from the discontinued Entourage email client for Microsoft Exchange so your Mac users can collaborate with colleagues who run Outlook client. Microsoft Entourage allowed you to utilize Microsoft Exchange account to send and receive your email, access your Exchange global address list, sync up your calendar and contacts, and invite people to meetings. Progent can help you configure a secure and reliable information network that replaces Entourage for Mac with an up-to-date email client that can access your Exchange Server.
Most of the extensive capabilities of Microsoft Exchange are available to Mac, iPhone, and iPad users via any full-featured web browser by utilizing the significantly enhanced Outlook Web App (previously called Outlook Web Access). Outlook Web App allows macOS, Mac OS X and Apple iOS users to access e-mail, voice mail, IM, and SMS text via Apple Safari and other popular web browsers. Powerful features of Outlook Web App include conversation grouping for enhanced thread control, extended browser support, MailTips to help avoid disruptive or inappropriate email usage, an unlimited size single-page message folder to eliminate the guesswork and delays associated with manually advancing pages, a nickname cache to streamline email addressing, advanced filtering and search, calendar sharing, new presence indicators within contact lists, client-based IM, ActiveSync support for SMS text messages, and user-defined favorites filters (such as unread messages) for fast retrieval of task-relevant information.
Progent's Outlook for Mac Consulting Services
Outlook for Mac is included with Microsoft Office 365 for Mac and replaces Entourage. Outlook for Mac has been redesigned to offer significant improvements in all key areas of unified messaging including email creation and management, calendaring, backup and restore, search, Windows coexistence, collaboration, speed, voice mail support, mobility, IM, and presence.
Progent can help you integrate Microsoft Outlook for Mac into your messaging environment so you can benefit from its powerful new features, including:
Progent can help your company to design, implement, and maintain a cross-platform network that allows your macOS and OS X clients to use Outlook for Mac to utilize some of the new capabilities Microsoft Exchange Server. Progent's Microsoft-qualified consultants and Mac OS X specialists can help your company to connect your Mac OS X computers to your Microsoft Exchange Server. Progent will make sure that your Exchange Server is correctly configured and that WebDAV, LDAP, and Outlook Web App are properly integrated. Progent can also deliver a broad range of MS Exchange support services including planning, configuration, troubleshooting, protection, remote access, performance tuning, plus spam and email virus protection. Progent also offers customized individual Outlook for Mac and Entourage education.
- Conversations: Thread management is simplified by Outlook for Mac's ability to organize related emails into a single message group.
- File Attachment Preview: Quick Look allows you to preview file attachments from within an email message without requiring you to open the attachments in their associated application.
- Unified Folders: You can easily manage multiple email accounts because of Outlook's ability to combine inbox, draft, sent, and deleted items folders for all your mailboxes into unified folders.
- Import Windows PST Files: Migration from Windows is streamlined by the ability to import Windows PST files directly to Outlook for Mac.
- Filter by Category: You can quickly view relevant calendar items and contacts based on categories you specify.
- Overlay Calendar View: Multiple and shared calendars can be automatically consolidated and stacked to make it easy to compare schedules.
- Calendar Preview: A calendar snapshot shown in a meeting invitation lets you instantly detect conflicts or spot adjacent items.
- Reply with Meeting: You can generate a meeting invitation in a one-click reply to an email.
- Contact Card: With Microsoft Messenger for Mac or Microsoft Communicator for Mac you can view real-time presence and initiate a video or voice call or IM by hovering on a presence icon to display the new contact card.
- Contacts Search Panel: You can instantly search your contacts from any Outlook view.
- Information Rights Management (IRM): With the volume-license edition of Office for Mac and a Rights Management server running Windows Server, you can provide enterprise-class protection for sensitive emails.
- Offline Address Books: You can access contact information even when you are not connected to the Internet.
- Voice Mail Preview: When integrated with Exchange Server, Outlook for Mac can deliver to your inbox audio files of voice mail messages plus voice-to-text previews for easy management of voice mail.
Progent's Support Services for Entourage
Entourage for Mac was designed as an information manager that assists users to manage email messages, contacts, calendars, notes, and projects. With the Exchange Server support built into Microsoft Entourage for Mac, users can operate more productively in a Microsoft Exchange Server-powered messaging system and collaborate with colleagues who use Microsoft Outlook as their messaging client software.
Features of Microsoft Entourage for Mac include:
Comprehensive Support Services for Exchange Server in a Cross-platform Environment
- Consolidate Personal Data: Entourage enables you to consolidate your messages, contacts, calendar, notes, and task details in one easy-to-access place.
- Microsoft Exchange Integration: Users can operate seamlessly in an Exchange Server system because Microsoft Entourage for Mac utilizes the WebDAV protocol. You can transmit and get messages, search the Exchange global address list, import addresses, sync up your schedule, and invite associates to meetings through your Exchange account.
- Address Book Synchronization: You can sync your contacts with your Exchange personal address book, offering complete access to your address list at all times.
- Directory Search: You can rapidly locate email addresses by searching Exchange's global address list (GAL).
- Access to Many Email Accounts: Microsoft Entourage for Mac permits you to establish unlimited email accounts including IMAP, POP, and MSN Hotmail accounts. This enables you to handle all your email with one convenient tool.
- Schedule Synchronization: You can keep your Entourage for Mac Calendar in sync with Exchange to keep up to date with your schedule when you are online or working offline.
- Message Organization: Entourage for Mac enables you to group, read, and search for messages according to project, sender, date, or other fields.
- Easy Archiving: Microsoft Entourage allows you to export PIM data such as messages, addresses, or calendars into an Entourage for Mac backup system to keep your PIM information clean and secure.
- Microsoft Word Integration: You can send Microsoft Word documents from Word as the content of messages.
For multi-platform environments that do not use Outlook for Mac or Entourage but which include Microsoft Exchange plus a mix of Mac, Microsoft Windows, Linux, or other popular operating systems, Progent's Exchange experts can help integrate email clients within a seamless solution that maximizes the ability to collaborate and share data. Progent can explain the benefits and limitations of using Microsoft Outlook Web App as an email client for non-Windows computers and can help you to integrate a mix of messaging clients into your network.
Progent also offers a range of Exchange Server consulting services to help you to enhance email security, Exchange fault-tolerance, off-site and mobile email access, email manageability, and Exchange backup/restore processes. Progent's Exchange upgrade services simplify and de-risk the job of moving from a legacy messaging system or an earlier release of Exchange Server to Exchange 2016. To find out additional information about Progent's professional services for Exchange, refer to Microsoft Exchange Server 2019 integration, and Microsoft Exchange 2016 planning and deployment consulting.
Contact Progent to Integrate Mac Clients and Exchange Server
If your organization is looking for an Apple macOS or OS X expert, phone Progent at 800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.