Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware assaults are typically launched on weekends and late at night, when support staff may be slower to become aware of a breach and are least able to organize a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can make inside a target's network, the more time it takes to restore basic IT services and damaged files and the more information can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to guide organizations to take the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware attack by putting out the fire. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can assist organizations in the Appleton area to identify and quarantine infected devices and guard undamaged resources from being penetrated.
If your network has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Available in Appleton
Current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online files and attack any available backups. Data synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated restoration almost impossible and basically knocks the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware assault, insist on a ransom payment for the decryption tools required to recover scrambled files. Ransomware assaults also attempt to exfiltrate information and TAs demand an extra settlement for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you can restore your system to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big problem depending on the sensitivity of the downloaded information.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware penetration involves a number of crucial phases, most of which can be performed in parallel if the response team has a sufficient number of people with the required experience.
- Containment: This time-critical initial step involves blocking the lateral progress of the attack within your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to go unchecked, the more complex and more costly the recovery effort. Because of this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response engineers. Quarantine activities consist of cutting off affected endpoints from the rest of network to restrict the contagion, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the IT system to a minimal useful degree of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This effort is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their company. This project also demands the widest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and safe remote access. Progent's recovery team uses advanced collaboration platforms to coordinate the complicated restoration effort. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's management and network support group to prioritize tasks and to put essential resources on line again as quickly as possible.
- Data restoration: The effort required to restore data impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and what recovery techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can take down critical databases which, if not carefully shut down, may need to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and SQL Server rely on AD, and many financial and other business-critical applications depend on SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to find clean data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on staff PCs and laptops that were not connected during the ransomware assault.
- Setting up advanced AV/ransomware defense: Progent's Active Security Monitoring utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the same anti-virus technology used by some of the world's largest enterprises such as Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware filtering, detection, mitigation, repair and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight ASM lowers TCO, simplifies management, and promotes rapid operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in ProSight Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Learn about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Services include determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; receiving, reviewing, and using the decryptor tool; debugging decryption problems; building a clean environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect exactly their pre-encryption state; and recovering computers and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves learning the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for variations. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of information technology and data security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP applications. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Expertise in Appleton
For ransomware system restoration consulting services in the Appleton metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.