Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to steal its way through a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and late at night, when support personnel are likely to be slower to recognize a break-in and are less able to mount a rapid and forceful defense. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to achieve inside a target's system, the longer it takes to restore basic IT services and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist organizations to carry out the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware engineers can help organizations in the Appleton metro area to identify and isolate infected devices and protect undamaged assets from being compromised.
If your system has been penetrated by any strain of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Appleton
Current strains of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim encrypt online files and invade any accessible system restores and backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system recovery almost impossible and effectively throws the IT system back to the beginning. Threat Actors, the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, insist on a settlement payment for the decryption tools needed to unlock scrambled data. Ransomware assaults also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and hackers require an additional payment in exchange for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you can rollback your network to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can be a major issue depending on the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The recovery process subsequent to ransomware penetration has several crucial stages, most of which can proceed concurrently if the response workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary skill sets.
- Containment: This urgent initial response requires blocking the sideways spread of ransomware across your network. The more time a ransomware attack is permitted to run unchecked, the more complex and more costly the restoration process. Because of this, Progent keeps a 24x7 Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response experts. Quarantine processes include isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to block the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a basic useful degree of functionality with the shortest possible delay. This process is typically the top priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also demands the broadest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual machines, PCs, laptops and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network topology, and safe remote access management. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art workgroup platforms to coordinate the multi-faceted restoration effort. Progent appreciates the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a client's management and IT group to prioritize activity and to put essential resources on line again as quickly as feasible.
- Data restoration: The effort necessary to recover data impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and what recovery techniques are needed. Ransomware attacks can take down critical databases which, if not properly closed, might have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can include DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other mission-critical platforms depend on SQL Server. Often some detective work could be needed to find clean data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were off line at the time of the ransomware attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can help you to utilize immutable backup for cloud object storage, allowing tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by anyone including administrators or root users. This adds an extra level of security and restoration ability in the event of a successful ransomware attack.
- Deploying modern AV/ransomware defense: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to give small and mid-sized companies the benefits of the same anti-virus tools used by many of the world's largest corporations such as Netflix, Citi, and NASDAQ. By delivering real-time malware blocking, identification, mitigation, repair and forensics in a single integrated platform, ProSight ASM cuts total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Services consist of determining the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption tool; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance provider; negotiating a settlement amount and timeline with the hacker; confirming adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; receiving, learning, and using the decryption tool; debugging failed files; creating a clean environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack condition; and recovering physical and virtual devices and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This process involves learning the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights weaknesses in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics involves the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect changes. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other key activities such as operational resumption are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting Services in Appleton
For ransomware recovery consulting in the Appleton metro area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.