Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware assaults are commonly unleashed on weekends and late at night, when support staff may be slower to recognize a break-in and are least able to mount a quick and forceful response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to achieve inside a victim's system, the more time it will require to restore core operations and damaged files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to complete the urgent first step in mitigating a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware expert can help organizations in the Appleton area to locate and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and guard undamaged assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Available in Appleton
Current variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online files and invade any available backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable environment, this can make system restoration almost impossible and effectively sets the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals behind a ransomware attack, demand a ransom fee in exchange for the decryption tools required to unlock encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also attempt to steal (or "exfiltrate") information and hackers demand an additional ransom for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you can rollback your system to a tolerable date in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue depending on the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The restoration work subsequent to ransomware penetration has several distinct phases, the majority of which can proceed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This time-critical initial response involves arresting the sideways progress of the attack across your network. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to go unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the restoration process. Recognizing this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes consist of isolating affected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the network to a minimal acceptable level of functionality with the shortest possible downtime. This process is typically at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also demands the widest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and mission-critical apps, network architecture, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's recovery experts use advanced workgroup tools to coordinate the complex restoration process. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's management and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to put vital resources on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data restoration: The effort necessary to recover data impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the systems, the number of files that are encrypted, and what recovery techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can take down key databases which, if not gracefully shut down, may need to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can include DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server depend on AD, and many financial and other business-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Some detective work may be required to find undamaged data. For example, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on staff desktop computers and notebooks that were not connected at the time of the attack.
- Deploying advanced AV/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM offers small and mid-sized businesses the advantages of the identical anti-virus tools deployed by some of the world's largest corporations including Netflix, Visa, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware filtering, detection, containment, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring cuts total cost of ownership, streamlines administration, and expedites operational continuity. The next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities include determining the type of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; checking adherence to anti-money laundering sanctions; carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and operating the decryption utility; troubleshooting failed files; creating a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state; and reprovisioning machines and services.
- Forensics: This process involves discovering the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and uncovers weaknesses in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for variations. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes like business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and security professionals with the skills required to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Consulting in Appleton
For ransomware system restoration services in the Appleton metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.