Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Appleton
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complicated activity that requires a mix of field experience, IT knowledge and business acumen. It also calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim's IT staff and the insurance carrier, if any. Since the number one goal of the ransomware victim is fast recovery, it is vital to deploy response groups that operate efficiently, in parallel, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the breadth of technical knowledge and the deep bench of personnel to complement your network support team and recover your network environment quickly and affordably.
Support provided by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
In parallel with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can assist with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- identifying and contacting the hacker persona
- Evaluating the recovery risk
- Testing the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Determining a settlement with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance provider
- Establishing a settlement amount and timeline with the threat actor
- Checking accordance with anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions
- Overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA
- Receiving, learning, and using the hacker's decryptor tool
- If needed, contacting the hacker for assistance with the decryption tool
Once the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can help you to restore computers and software services to their pre-arrack condition. Progent can also assist you to perform a full forensic review and create a report to deliver to the insurance provider. This report helps you to understand security vulnerabilities that need to be corrected and suggests actions that can be taken to combat future ransomware assaults.
- Isolating affected endpoints to arrest the progress of the attack
- Creating replicas of every compromised server and endpoint and data store in order to perform forensics without interfering with restoration
- Installing A/V agents to all virus-free endpoints
- Salvaging files from offline backups or uncompromised endpoints
- Creating a pristine environment
- Remapping and connecting datastores to match exactly their pre-encryption condition
In addition to extorting payment for a decryption utility, current variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor often attempt to exfiltrate files. TAs are then able to demand a separate settlement for not publishing this data or selling it. Sadly, there exists no method to be certain that stolen files have been totally deleted by the TA. Actually, in numerous instances the threat actor has little control about data custody. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for engaging the advice of legal counsel, conducting an investigation into which data were compromised, and carrying out the required notifications to impacted entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Guidance in Appleton
To contact with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement guidance in Appleton, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.