Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Appleton
Progent has experience negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Negotiating an acceptable settlement is a complex activity that calls for a mix of real-word experience, IT knowledge and business acumen. It also requires working closely with the ransomware victim's IT team and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Since the top goal of the ransomware victim is operational continuity, it is critical to deploy recovery groups that operate efficiently, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent offers the scope of technical skills and the depth of personnel to complement your IT staff and restore your network rapidly and affordably.
Services provided by Progent's ransomware negotiation team include:
In parallel with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can help with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker persona
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Validating the hacker's decryption capabilities
- Determining a settlement range with the victim and the insurance carrier
- Negotiating a settlement and schedule with the TA
- Checking compliance with anti-money laundering laws
- Carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker
- Receiving, learning, and using the hacker's decryptor mechanism
- If needed, contacting the hacker for technical assistance with the decryption tool
Once the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can help you to restore computers and services to their original state. Progent can also assist you to perform a full forensic review and generate a report to share with the insurance carrier. This document helps you to understand security gaps that need to be eliminated and recommends actions that can be performed to counter subsequent ransomware attacks.
- Isolating infected endpoints and data stores to arrest the progress of the assault
- Creating replicas of each compromised server and endpoint and data store in order to perform forensics without interfering with cleanup
- Adding anti-virus agents to all clean endpoints
- Recovering data from offline restores or uncompromised endpoints
- Building a clean recovery environment
- Mapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect exactly their pre-encryption state
Paying Exfiltration Ransoms
Beyond extorting money for a decryption utility, modern variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor commonly attempt to exfiltrate information. Hackers can then demand an additional ransom for not publishing this data or selling it. Unfortunately, there is no way to guarantee that exfiltrated files have been totally deleted by the TA. In fact, in numerous instances the threat actor has little say about who can access the stolen files. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for seeking the guidance of privacy attorneys, performing an investigation into which data were taken, and performing the mandated alerts to affected entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Services in Appleton
To contact with Progent about crypto-ransomware settlement services in Appleton, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.