Progent's Ransomware Settlement Negotiation Consulting in Appleton
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors (TAs). Reaching an acceptable settlement is a complicated activity that calls for a mix of field experience, IT knowledge and business acumen. It also requires close co-operation with the ransomware victim's IT team and the cyber insurance provider, if there is one. Because the number one goal of the ransomware target is operational continuity, it is critical to deploy recovery groups that operate effectively, concurrently, and with intimate collaboration. Progent has the breadth of technical knowledge and the deep bench of personnel to complement your IT support team and restore your network environment quickly and affordably.
Support provided by Progent's ransomware settlement experts include:
In parallel with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware team can help with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- making contact with the hacker
- Evaluating the recovery risk
- Verifying the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Determining a settlement amount with the ransomware victim and the cyber insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement and timeline with the hacker
- Checking accordance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations
- Overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the hacker
- Acquiring, learning, and using the TA's decryption utility
- If necessary, contacting the TA for assistance with the decryption utility
After the decryption tool has been learned, Progent can help you to restore computers and services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also assist you to conduct a complete forensics analysis and generate a report to share with the cyber insurance provider. This report identifies cybersecurity gaps that need to be eliminated and recommends steps that can be performed to counter future ransomware assaults.
- Isolating affected endpoints and data stores to prevent further spread of the assault
- Making digital copies of every infected server and endpoint and data store to allow forensics in parallel with recovery
- Adding anti-virus agents to all clean endpoints
- Restoring data from air-gapped restores or unscathed machines
- Building a pristine recovery environment
- Mapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack condition
In addition to extorting payment for a decryption tool, modern variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Nephilim commonly attempt to exfiltrate information. Hackers can then require a separate ransom in exchange for not posting this information or selling it. Unfortunately, there exists no method to be certain that stolen files have been completely deleted by the hacker. In fact, in many instances the TA has little say about who can access the stolen files. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the necessity of engaging the guidance of privacy lawyers, conducting an inventory of data were compromised, and carrying out the necessary notifications to impacted entities. Generally, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Guidance in Appleton
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement negotiation expertise in Appleton, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.