Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Services in Appleton
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with hackers. Reaching an optimum settlement is a complicated exercise that calls for a mix of real-word experience, IT knowledge and business savvy. It also requires working closely with the ransomware victim's IT team and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Because the top priority of the ransomware victim is fast recovery, it is vital to deploy response groups that operate effectively, concurrently, and in close communication. Progent offers the breadth of IT knowledge and the depth of experts to supplement your network support team and restore your network rapidly and affordably.
Services provided by Progent's ransomware settlement team include:
Concurrent with the ransom negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can assist with:
- Determining the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- making contact with the hacker persona
- Evaluating the likelihood of recovery
- Verifying the threat actor's decryption capabilities
- Budgeting a settlement payment with the victim and the insurance carrier
- Establishing a settlement and timeline with the hacker
- Checking accordance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations
- Carrying out the crypto-currency payment to the hacker
- Receiving, reviewing, and operating the TA's decryptor mechanism
- If necessary, contacting the TA for technical assistance with the decryptor utility
After the decryption utility has been mastered, Progent can help you to restore computers and software services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also assist you to perform a full forensic review and generate a report to deliver to the insurance provider. This report helps you to understand cybersecurity vulnerabilities that need to be fixed and suggests actions that should be performed to combat future ransomware attacks.
- Isolating infected endpoints and data stores to arrest the spread of the attack
- Making replicas of every infected server and endpoint and data store in order to perform forensics without interfering with recovery
- Adding A/V protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Salvaging files from air-gapped restores or unscathed endpoints
- Building a clean environment
- Remapping and reconnecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack condition
Settling Exfiltration Ransoms
In addition to demanding money for a decryption utility, current strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor commonly try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files. TAs are then able to require an extra ransom for not publishing this data on the dark web. Unfortunately, there is no way to guarantee that stolen files have been completely erased by the TA. Actually, in many instances the threat actor has little control about data custody. Settling an exfiltration ransom does not free you from the need for seeking the advice of privacy attorneys, conducting an investigation into which files were stolen, and performing the required alerts to impacted entities. In almost all cases, paying an exfiltration ransom is not recommended.
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Crypto-Ransomware Settlement Guidance in Appleton
To get in touch with Progent about ransomware settlement services in Appleton, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.