Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Arlington
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without impeding activity related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Arlington business can utilize Progent's forensics report to counter future ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the damage and highlights gaps in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the insurance provider and is often required by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other important activities such as operational resumption are performed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and calls for intimate interaction with the teams responsible for file restoration and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate without shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so your data restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect each computer and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible lateral movement from the first compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and determine whether they are malware
- Produce detailed incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Arlington
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Arlington business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.