Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Arlington
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without impeding the processes related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Arlington business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light gaps in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other important activities such as operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for intimate interaction with the groups focused on file restoration and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for variations.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Capture forensically complete images of all exposed devices so your data restoration group can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every machine and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential lateral migration from the first compromised system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed incident documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to close security gaps and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Arlington
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Arlington business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.