Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Arlington company to select the right tools and follow best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Arlington, Texas businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk services, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you must manage a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated as well as current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for integrating home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical applications may demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Arlington, Texas business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.