Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Arlington organization to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Arlington, Texas businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you must manage a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a secure connection for authorized remote workers to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for setting up routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical applications may require backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying ISPs, picking sensible service packages, and integrating redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Arlington, Texas organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.