Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Arlington company to pick the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Arlington, Texas organizations to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online consulting for setting up home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by providing services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes may require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying Internet service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Arlington, Texas company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.