Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and late at night, when IT personnel may take longer to become aware of a break-in and are less able to mount a quick and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can manage inside a victim's system, the more time it takes to restore core IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help organizations to take the urgent first step in responding to a ransomware assault by stopping the bleeding. Progent's remote ransomware engineers can help businesses in the Atlanta area to identify and quarantine infected devices and protect undamaged assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Offered in Atlanta
Current variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Sodinokibi, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and invade any accessible system restores. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended network, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and basically knocks the datacenter back to the beginning. Threat Actors (TAs), the hackers responsible for ransomware assault, demand a settlement payment for the decryption tools needed to recover encrypted files. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate files and hackers demand an extra payment for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you can rollback your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can be a major issue depending on the nature of the downloaded data.
The restoration process after a ransomware attack has several distinct phases, most of which can be performed in parallel if the response team has a sufficient number of members with the required experience.
- Containment: This urgent initial step requires arresting the lateral progress of the attack across your IT system. The longer a ransomware attack is permitted to run unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery process. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware recovery engineers. Containment processes include isolating affected endpoint devices from the rest of network to restrict the spread, documenting the environment, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This covers bringing back the IT system to a basic useful degree of capability with the least delay. This effort is typically at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This project also demands the widest range of technical skills that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and smart phones, databases, office and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and secure endpoint access management. Progent's recovery experts use state-of-the-art collaboration platforms to organize the complex recovery process. Progent understands the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in concert with a customer's managers and IT staff to prioritize tasks and to put critical resources back online as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The work necessary to recover files damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the state of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and which restore techniques are needed. Ransomware assaults can take down pivotal databases which, if not gracefully shut down, may need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many manufacturing and other mission-critical platforms depend on Microsoft SQL Server. Some detective work could be required to find clean data. For example, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may have survived on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were not connected at the time of the ransomware attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can help you to utilize immutability for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data for a set duration so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by any user including root users. Immutable storage adds another level of protection and recoverability in the event of a ransomware breach.
- Implementing modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring incorporates SentinelOne's machine learning technology to offer small and mid-sized companies the benefits of the identical anti-virus tools deployed by some of the world's largest corporations including Walmart, Visa, and NASDAQ. By providing in-line malware filtering, classification, containment, recovery and analysis in a single integrated platform, Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) built into in ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the industry's "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the threat actor (TA): Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires working closely with the victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Services consist of determining the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker; verifying decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance provider; establishing a settlement and timeline with the TA; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency disbursement to the hacker; receiving, learning, and operating the decryption tool; debugging failed files; building a pristine environment; mapping and connecting datastores to match precisely their pre-attack state; and restoring machines and services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity involves uncovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to assess the damage and uncovers gaps in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics involves the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect variations. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the insurance provider. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes like operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and data security experts with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting in Atlanta
For ransomware cleanup consulting services in the Atlanta area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.