Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Atlanta organization to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Atlanta, Georgia organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized remote employees to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for deploying routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical processes may require backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, selecting appropriate service packages, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the company phone system to include remote users is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a remote IP voice service that provides the versatility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from major vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that allows remote workers to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, go to integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers advanced online assistance for helping organizations to build, maintain and repair integrated network models that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you past tough technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A rapid, company-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which might be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your existing Call Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Call Center support seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the number one PSA tool for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class IT support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Teleworkers commonly run their own computers and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your organization to plan, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that safeguards sensitive data in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and manage different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent supports both current and older security appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers used by teleworkers and either block or spot and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect new threats at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by data security experts with advanced certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your operations and policies and review your network architecture to allow you to implement top-level security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage failures resulting from equipment issues, programming glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online help from consultants familiar with a wide range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate circumstances that require a quick switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can help your company to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for safeguarding critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how home-based workers share information, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and delete sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your teleworkers, see Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Atlanta, Georgia organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.