Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Atlanta organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Atlanta, Georgia companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing remote work ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for configuring routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical applications might demand backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the company PBX system to include remote users is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the versatility, transparency and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to content, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that enables remote workers to see and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see planning and configuration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for enabling organizations to create, manage and repair integrated network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional help to get you past tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's support services for Exchange Online, see Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist you to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, see Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
An emergency, organization-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive network of online technical support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or update their active trouble tickets, add details, and upload screenshots or attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service allows your company to supplement your existing Help Desk team by sharing delivery of Call Center support transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive roster of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class IT support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Work-from-Home (WFH) employees commonly use their own computing devices and usually work in an unsecured physical environment. This multiplies their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful configuration of firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, thorough user training, and the creation of policies built on leading practices. Progent's veteran team of data security support experts can help you to plan, configure and maintain a compliant security solution that protects vital information resources in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and control appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, see firewall integration and support services.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers utilized by telecommuters and either reject or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning from SentinelOne to identify new threats on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
Progent's Duo authentication Managed Services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against password theft by using two-factor authentication. Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. With Duo 2FA, when you sign into a secured application and give your password you are requested to confirm your identity via a unit that only you have and that uses a separate network channel. A wide selection of devices can be used for this added form of authentication including an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You can designate several validation devices. For details about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, visit Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by security experts with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your processes and governance policies and assess your IT architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Horizon3.ai's NodeZero PEN Testing Platform is a leading-edge penetration test (pentest) product family that can deliver automated threat assessment of your at-home environment and your internal and perimeter networks so you can identify, prioritize, remediate, and verify security weaknesses before malicious hackers can exploit them. Progent's pentest experts can assist you to deploy NodeZero to perform thorough penetration tests of your network perimeter and your internal IT infrastructure in order to determine your current security posture. Progent can also help you to harden your existing network security and can help you to design and deploy a unified cybersecurity strategy that streamlines management and provides optimum protection for on-prem, multi-cloud, remote, and perimeter IT assets. To find out more details about Progent's vulnerability assessment solutions powered by on NodeZero's penetration test products, visit Consulting Services for NodeZero's Penetration Test Products.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home Network
To view or download a white paper about key things to concentrate on for protecting an IT environment that supports work-from-home staff, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, human mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for teleworkers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online access to experts familiar with a broad array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often anticipate circumstances that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for protecting corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workers, see Intune remote endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Atlanta, Georgia business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.