Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, security, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Atlanta company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Atlanta, Georgia businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated and modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online consulting for configuring home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical applications might demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate PBX system to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that enables remote workers to see and edit aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-edit files. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to build, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, and cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you through challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's leading source of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A sudden, organization-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote IT support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or revise their current tickets, add information, and append screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables you to augment your current Help Desk Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk services seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support model based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver world-class technical support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
At-home workers often run their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can assist you to design, deploy and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that guards vital data in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, see firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices utilized by remote workers and either reject or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and review your network architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage problems due to equipment breakdowns, software glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate circumstances that require a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can assist you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding corporate information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and delete corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, see Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Atlanta, Georgia company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.