Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Atlanta organization to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Atlanta, Georgia businesses to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated and current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote support for setting up home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical processes may require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying Internet service providers, choosing sensible service bundles, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the business PBX system to include remote users is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide as-needed configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that permits remote workers to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced online support for helping organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that include internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected access to Azure for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you through challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your business to use GCP's management technology to administer and track your GCP environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A fast, enterprise-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be activated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online IT support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or revise the status of their current tickets, add details, and append screenshots and attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to augment your current Call Center organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support solution based on the number one professional services automation tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class technical support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home (WFH) staff members typically use their personal computers and often work in a poorly secured physical environment. This situation increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, intensive user education, and the creation of policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran group of cybersecurity solutions experts can help your business to plan, implement and manage an effective cybersecurity solution that protects critical information resources in networks that incorporate remote workers.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, go to firewall support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology from SentinelOne to identify zero-day threats at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even when they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo MFA service plans incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against password theft by using two-factor authentication. Duo supports one-tap identity verification on Apple iOS, Android, and other personal devices. Using Duo 2FA, when you log into a secured online account and enter your password you are asked to verify your identity via a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide range of devices can be used for this second form of ID validation such as a smartphone or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can register several verification devices. For details about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, see Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for telecommuters.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and local security attacks for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by security experts with top certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment
To view or download a white paper describing critical areas to concentrate on for securing a network that includes telecommuters, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, software glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision circumstances that call for a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can assist your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for protecting critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Atlanta, Georgia company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.