Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Online Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a target network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly launched on weekends and at night, when support personnel are likely to take longer to become aware of a penetration and are least able to organize a rapid and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware is able to make inside a target's network, the longer it will require to restore core IT services and scrambled files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to complete the time-critical first step in mitigating a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's remote ransomware expert can assist organizations in the Augusta-Richmond County metro area to locate and isolate infected servers and endpoints and guard clean assets from being penetrated.
If your network has been breached by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Services Offered in Augusta-Richmond County
Current variants of ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online files and attack any accessible backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a poorly defended environment, this can make system restoration almost impossible and basically knocks the datacenter back to square one. Threat Actors, the hackers responsible for ransomware attack, demand a ransom fee for the decryption tools required to unlock scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also try to steal (or "exfiltrate") files and hackers require an additional ransom for not posting this data or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a big issue depending on the nature of the downloaded data.
The recovery process after a ransomware penetration involves a number of distinct phases, the majority of which can proceed concurrently if the response team has a sufficient number of members with the required skill sets.
- Containment: This time-critical initial response involves arresting the lateral spread of ransomware across your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is allowed to go unchecked, the longer and more costly the recovery process. Recognizing this, Progent maintains a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response engineers. Quarantine activities consist of isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to block the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the IT system to a minimal useful degree of capability with the least downtime. This effort is usually at the highest level of urgency for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also demands the widest array of technical abilities that span domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical applications, network architecture, and protected endpoint access management. Progent's recovery team uses advanced collaboration platforms to coordinate the multi-faceted recovery effort. Progent appreciates the importance of working rapidly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's management and network support group to prioritize activity and to put vital resources on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The work required to recover files impacted by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the network, the number of files that are encrypted, and what restore techniques are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy pivotal databases which, if not gracefully shut down, may have to be reconstructed from scratch. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many financial and other business-critical applications are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work may be needed to locate clean data. For instance, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may have survived on employees' PCs and notebooks that were off line at the time of the attack.
- Deploying advanced antivirus/ransomware defense: ProSight ASM gives small and medium-sized businesses the benefits of the same AV technology deployed by many of the world's biggest corporations including Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware filtering, identification, mitigation, restoration and forensics in a single integrated platform, Progent's ASM reduces TCO, simplifies management, and promotes rapid recovery. The next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in Progent's Active Security Monitoring was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform." Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware defense.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This calls for close co-operation with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier, if there is one. Activities include establishing the kind of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance carrier; establishing a settlement amount and schedule with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; receiving, learning, and using the decryption tool; troubleshooting decryption problems; building a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to reflect precisely their pre-encryption state; and reprovisioning computers and services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at learning the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to assess the impact and brings to light weaknesses in security policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics entails the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance provider. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes like business resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of information technology and data security professionals with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Cleanup Consulting in Augusta-Richmond County
For ransomware cleanup consulting in the Augusta-Richmond County metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.