Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Augusta-Richmond County organization to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Augusta-Richmond County, Georgia businesses to with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you have to manage a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online support for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote consulting for deploying home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital applications may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or tune a remote VoIP service that provides the flexibility, transparency and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand deployment and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that enables remote workers to see and edit consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, see planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for enabling businesses to create, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to guide you through tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-uptime network model so your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and track your GCP environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A rapid, organization-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex issues. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables you to expand your existing Help Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a collective support model utilizing the leading PSA tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to provide world-class technical support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Remote workers often run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can help your business to design, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that protects sensitive information in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and control different permissions to different groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers utilized by telecommuters and either reject or spot and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to detect new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of external and internal security attacks for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security experts with advanced credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, user error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote help from consultants familiar with a broad range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can help your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for safeguarding corporate data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For details about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, see Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Augusta-Richmond County, Georgia business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.