Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Augusta-Richmond County company to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Augusta-Richmond County, Georgia organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy and current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for configuring routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications may demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX products are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, see CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help you to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that enables remote workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, go to deployment expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them safely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online assistance for helping organizations to build, manage and optimize cohesive network models that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Azure, refer to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or update the status of their current trouble tickets, add information, and upload screenshots or attachments. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables your company to expand your current Call Desk organization by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the number one PSA platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class technical support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly run their own computers and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can help your business to design, implement and manage a compliant security solution that protects vital data in IT networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and manage different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to detect new attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your procedures and policies and assess your IT architecture to allow you to design top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants familiar with a wide array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically anticipate circumstances that require a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for safeguarding critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, see Intune telecommuter endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Augusta-Richmond County, Georgia company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.