Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Augusta-Richmond County company to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Augusta-Richmond County, Georgia businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for setting up routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications might require backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, choosing sensible service offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the company phone system to include telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote IP voice service that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based access to data, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for helping businesses to create, manage and optimize cohesive network architectures that include physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional help to get you through tough technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a leading suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key applications cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist you to use GCP's unified management tools to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
An emergency, company-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from help requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or edit the status of their current tickets, add details, and append screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk services seamlessly between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a collaborative support model utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to provide world-class IT support to your telecommuters, see Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can assist your company to plan, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that protects critical information in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older security appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers used by at-home workers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day threats at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by network security experts with top certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your operations and policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to implement top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, human error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision scenarios that call for a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting critical data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and delete sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Augusta-Richmond County, Georgia business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.