Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Augusta-Richmond County organization to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Augusta-Richmond County, Georgia companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy and current technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for setting up routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business applications may demand backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a remote IP voice service that provides the versatility, transparency and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to help businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist you to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can help you to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that allows at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see integration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them securely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and repair cohesive network architectures that combine internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers fast and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to guide you past tough technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your business to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your key apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline identity control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
An emergency, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from help requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or revise their current tickets, enter details, and append screenshots or attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables you to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center team by splitting delivery of Support Desk support transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collaborative support model based on the leading PSA platform for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide world-class IT support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Remote workers often use their own computers and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your organization to design, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that safeguards critical information in networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers utilized by telecommuters and either block or identify and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to detect new attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and internal security attacks for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by security experts with advanced certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems due to equipment issues, programming glitches, human error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often anticipate scenarios that require a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for safeguarding critical information by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, see Intune telecommuter endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Augusta-Richmond County, Georgia organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.