Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Augusta-Richmond County organization to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Augusta-Richmond County, Georgia businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk services, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for configuring routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical applications may demand redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Expanding the company PBX system to accommodate remote users is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that enables at-home workforce to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can share them securely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for helping organizations to build, maintain and repair integrated hybrid network models that combine physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you past challenging IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist you to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A rapid, company-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of online technical support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or revise the status of their active tickets, add details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables you to expand your current Help Desk Call Center staff by splitting delivery of Call Center support services seamlessly between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Work-from-Home employees commonly utilize their personal computers and often operate in a poorly secured physical space. This increases their vulnerability to malware threats and requires careful deployment of firewalls, anti-malware tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, extensive end-user training, and the creation of policies built on leading practices. Progent's veteran group of IT security support experts can help you to design, implement and manage an effective cybersecurity solution that protects critical IT resources in environments that incorporate remote workers.
Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support services, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices used by teleworkers and either block or spot and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning from SentinelOne to detect new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even if they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo MFA managed services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against stolen passwords by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity confirmation with Apple iOS, Android, and other personal devices. Using Duo 2FA, whenever you log into a secured online account and enter your password you are requested to confirm who you are via a unit that only you possess and that is accessed using a different network channel. A broad selection of devices can be used as this added means of ID validation such as an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can designate multiple validation devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo identity authentication services, see Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your procedures and policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home Network
To view or download a white paper about key things to focus on for securing a network that supports work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online access to consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision circumstances that require a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist you to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for safeguarding critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Augusta-Richmond County, Georgia business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.