Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Aurora
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without slowing down activity related to business continuity and data recovery. Your Aurora business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to combat subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists you to evaluate the damage and uncovers weaknesses in policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like business continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complex and requires close cooperation with the teams focused on file cleanup and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for changes.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Preserve forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so your data recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey every machine and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and sessions to determine the time frame of the attack and to spot any possible sideways migration from the first infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce comprehensive incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Aurora
To learn more about how Progent can help your Aurora organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.