Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Aurora organization to select the right technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Aurora, Colorado businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for setting up routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical applications might demand backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Aurora, Colorado business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.