Progent's Ransomware Negotiation Consulting in Aurora
Progent is experienced in negotiating ransomware settlements with threat actors. Reaching an acceptable settlement is a complex activity that requires a mix of field experience, IT knowledge and business savvy. It also calls for close co-operation with the cyber-extortion target's IT staff and the insurance provider, if there is one. Since the top goal of the ransomware victim is fast recovery, it is vital to deploy response teams that operate efficiently, in parallel, and in close communication. Progent has the breadth of technical knowledge and the deep bench of personnel to supplement your IT staff and restore your network environment quickly and affordably.
Support offered by Progent's ransomware settlement negotiation experts include:
In parallel with the settlement negotiations, Progent's ransomware staff can help with:
- Establishing the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Identifying and communicating with the hacker persona
- Assessing the likelihood of recovery
- Verifying the threat actor's decryption tool
- Budgeting a settlement amount with the victim and the cyber insurance provider
- Establishing a settlement and schedule with the hacker
- Confirming adherence to anti-money laundering laws
- Overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the TA
- Receiving, learning, and using the hacker's decryption utility
- If necessary, contacting the threat actor for technical assistance with the decryption utility
Once the decryption utility has been learned, Progent can help you to recover computers and services to their pre-arrack state. Progent can also assist you to perform a forensics investigation and generate a document to share with the cyber insurance provider. This report helps you to understand cybersecurity gaps that must be corrected and suggests actions that should be performed to block future ransomware attacks.
- Isolating affected endpoints and data stores to arrest the progress of the attack
- Creating replicas of each breached device and data store in order to perform forensics in parallel with cleanup
- Installing anti-virus protection to all virus-free endpoints
- Restoring data from offline backups or uncompromised endpoints
- Building a pristine recovery environment
- Mapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-attack state
Beyond extorting payment for a decryption tool, modern variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Sodinokibi, Netwalker, and Nephilim often attempt to exfiltrate files. Hackers are then able to require a separate ransom in exchange for not posting this data or selling it. Sadly, there exists no way to be certain that stolen files have been completely erased by the hacker. In fact, in numerous instances the hacker has little say over data custody. Paying an exfiltration ransom does not eliminate the need for engaging the guidance of privacy lawyers, performing an inventory of files were compromised, and carrying out the necessary alerts to affected entities. In general, paying an exfiltration ransom is a waste.
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Settlement Services in Aurora
To contact with Progent about ransomware settlement guidance in Aurora, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or go to Contact Progent.