Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Austin company to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Austin, Texas organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Austin, Texas organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.