Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Austin organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Austin, Texas organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to maintain your existing conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Austin, Texas company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.