Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Top-tier Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way through a network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically launched on weekends and at night, when support personnel may be slower to become aware of a breach and are least able to mount a rapid and coordinated defense. The more lateral movement ransomware can achieve within a target's network, the longer it takes to recover core IT services and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to help you to carry out the urgent first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware engineers can help organizations in the Austin metro area to identify and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and protect undamaged assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been breached by any version of ransomware, act fast. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Austin
Modern variants of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and invade any accessible system restores and backups. Data synchronized to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system restoration nearly impossible and basically knocks the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, insist on a ransom fee for the decryption tools required to recover scrambled files. Ransomware attacks also try to exfiltrate information and TAs demand an additional ransom in exchange for not publishing this data or selling it. Even if you can restore your system to an acceptable date in time, exfiltration can be a major problem according to the nature of the downloaded information.
The restoration process subsequent to ransomware penetration has a number of crucial phases, the majority of which can be performed concurrently if the recovery workgroup has enough people with the necessary experience.
- Quarantine: This urgent first step requires arresting the sideways spread of ransomware within your IT system. The more time a ransomware assault is permitted to run unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by veteran ransomware response engineers. Quarantine processes consist of isolating infected endpoints from the rest of network to block the spread, documenting the IT system, and securing entry points.
- Operational continuity: This involves restoring the network to a basic acceptable level of functionality with the least delay. This process is usually at the highest level of urgency for the victims of the ransomware attack, who often see it as a life-or-death issue for their company. This project also requires the broadest range of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, notebooks and mobile phones, databases, productivity and mission-critical apps, network architecture, and protected remote access management. Progent's ransomware recovery experts use advanced workgroup platforms to coordinate the complicated restoration effort. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, tirelessly, and in unison with a client's managers and network support staff to prioritize activity and to put essential resources on line again as fast as feasible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to restore data damaged by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the network, how many files are encrypted, and which recovery methods are required. Ransomware attacks can destroy pivotal databases which, if not gracefully closed, may have to be rebuilt from scratch. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory (AD) databases. Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server rely on Active Directory, and many ERP and other mission-critical platforms are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to locate clean data. For example, non-encrypted OST files (Outlook Email Offline Folder Files) may exist on staff PCs and notebooks that were not connected during the attack.
- Deploying modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to give small and mid-sized companies the advantages of the identical anti-virus technology deployed by many of the world's biggest enterprises such as Walmart, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing in-line malware filtering, identification, containment, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight Active Security Monitoring reduces total cost of ownership, simplifies administration, and expedites operational continuity. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection (NGEP) incorporated in Progent's ProSight ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Read about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier, if there is one. Services consist of establishing the type of ransomware involved in the attack; identifying and establishing communications the hacker; testing decryption tool; budgeting a settlement with the victim and the cyber insurance carrier; establishing a settlement and timeline with the hacker; confirming compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; overseeing the crypto-currency transfer to the hacker; receiving, learning, and operating the decryptor utility; debugging failed files; creating a clean environment; remapping and reconnecting datastores to match precisely their pre-encryption condition; and restoring machines and software services.
- Forensic analysis: This activity is aimed at discovering the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in rules or processes that should be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for variations. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key activities like operational resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware Recovery Consulting Services in Austin
For ransomware system recovery expertise in the Austin area, call Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.