Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Access to a Senior Ransomware Consultant
Ransomware requires time to steal its way across a network. For this reason, ransomware attacks are commonly unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel may take longer to recognize a breach and are least able to mount a quick and coordinated response. The more lateral movement ransomware can manage within a victim's system, the more time it takes to restore core IT services and damaged files and the more data can be stolen and posted to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is intended to help organizations to take the urgent first phase in mitigating a ransomware assault by containing the malware. Progent's online ransomware engineers can assist businesses in the Austin metro area to identify and quarantine infected servers and endpoints and protect clean assets from being compromised.
If your network has been breached by any strain of ransomware, don't panic. Get immediate help by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Response Expertise Offered in Austin
Current variants of ransomware such as Ryuk, Maze, DopplePaymer, and Egregor encrypt online data and infiltrate any available backups. Files synchronized to the cloud can also be corrupted. For a vulnerable network, this can make system recovery nearly impossible and effectively throws the datacenter back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors (TAs), the cybercriminals behind a ransomware assault, insist on a ransom payment in exchange for the decryptors required to recover encrypted data. Ransomware attacks also attempt to exfiltrate information and TAs demand an extra settlement for not posting this information or selling it. Even if you are able to restore your system to a tolerable point in time, exfiltration can be a major issue according to the sensitivity of the downloaded data.
The restoration work after a ransomware penetration involves several distinct stages, most of which can be performed concurrently if the response workgroup has enough members with the required skill sets.
- Quarantine: This urgent first response requires blocking the lateral progress of the attack across your IT system. The longer a ransomware assault is permitted to run unchecked, the more complex and more costly the restoration effort. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline monitored by seasoned ransomware recovery engineers. Containment processes include isolating infected endpoint devices from the network to restrict the spread, documenting the IT system, and protecting entry points.
- System continuity: This involves restoring the IT system to a basic useful degree of capability with the shortest possible delay. This process is usually the highest priority for the victims of the ransomware assault, who often perceive it to be an existential issue for their business. This project also requires the widest range of IT skills that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, desktops, laptops and mobile phones, databases, office and line-of-business apps, network architecture, and safe remote access. Progent's recovery experts use advanced workgroup tools to organize the complicated recovery effort. Progent understands the urgency of working rapidly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's managers and network support group to prioritize activity and to put critical services on line again as fast as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort necessary to restore data impacted by a ransomware assault varies according to the state of the systems, the number of files that are affected, and which restore techniques are required. Ransomware assaults can destroy critical databases which, if not carefully closed, might have to be reconstructed from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and AD databases. Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on AD, and many financial and other mission-critical applications are powered by Microsoft SQL Server. Often some detective work may be required to locate clean data. For instance, undamaged Outlook Email Offline Folder Files may exist on employees' PCs and notebooks that were off line during the ransomware assault. Progent's Altaro VM Backup experts can assist you to deploy immutable backup for cloud object storage, allowing tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be erased or modified by anyone including administrators or root users. This adds an extra level of security and recoverability in case of a successful ransomware attack.
- Implementing advanced AV/ransomware protection: ProSight ASM incorporates SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and mid-sized businesses the benefits of the identical AV technology implemented by some of the world's largest corporations including Netflix, Citi, and Salesforce. By providing real-time malware blocking, identification, containment, restoration and forensics in one integrated platform, Progent's Active Security Monitoring lowers TCO, streamlines management, and expedites resumption of operations. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine incorporated in ProSight ASM was ranked by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware recovery with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiation with the hacker Progent has experience negotiating ransom settlements with threat actors. This requires close co-operation with the victim and the cyber insurance provider, if any. Services include determining the kind of ransomware used in the attack; identifying and making contact with the hacker persona; verifying decryption capabilities; budgeting a settlement with the ransomware victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA; checking adherence to anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions; overseeing the crypto-currency payment to the TA; acquiring, learning, and using the decryption tool; troubleshooting failed files; creating a pristine environment; mapping and reconnecting drives to reflect precisely their pre-attack state; and recovering machines and software services.
- Forensics: This process involves discovering the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and brings to light gaps in policies or processes that should be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for changes. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has a large team of information technology and data security experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Recovery Consulting in Austin
For ransomware system recovery consulting in the Austin metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.