Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Austin organization to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Austin, Texas businesses to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy and current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote support for integrating home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Vital processes may demand backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Austin, Texas company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.