Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Austin organization to select the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Austin, Texas companies to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for configuring home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical processes might require redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying ISPs, picking sensible service packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Austin, Texas organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.