Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Austin company to pick the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Austin, Texas businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for configuring routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may require redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Austin, Texas company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.