Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Austin company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Austin, Texas businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning remote work environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for setting up home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Vital applications may require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, choosing sensible service offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Austin, Texas business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.