Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Austin organization to pick the right tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Austin, Texas organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for integrating home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create throughput and security issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Mission-critical applications may demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Austin, Texas organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.