Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to design, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Austin organization to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Austin, Texas businesses to with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated and current IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for setting up routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical applications might require redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Austin, Texas organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.