Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Austin organization to pick the right tools and follow best practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Austin, Texas organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authorized remote employees to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for integrating routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital applications might require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking service providers, choosing appropriate service bundles, and setting up redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Austin, Texas business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.