Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Austin company to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Austin, Texas organizations to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for integrating home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, choosing appropriate service packages, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Austin, Texas company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.