Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Austin organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Austin, Texas organizations to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote support for both legacy and current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for setting up home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical processes might require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible service offerings, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the business PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or maintain a remote VoIP service that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. CUCM supports other combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can assist businesses to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven access to data, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected web portals that enables remote workforce to view and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, see integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is MicrosoftÔŅĹs shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can share them safely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and optimize integrated network architectures that combine internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, and public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can help your business to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist you to use GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from service requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or edit their active tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced issues. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables you to supplement your existing Support Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk support services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Work-from-Home (WFH) workers typically use their personal computers and usually work in an unsecured physical environment. This multiplies their susceptibility to cyber attacks and calls for judicious configuration of corporate firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, extensive user education, and the creation of policies built on leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of cybersecurity support experts can help you to plan, deploy and manage an effective cybersecurity solution that protects vital information resources in networks that incorporate remote workers.
Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, go to firewall integration and support services.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
Progent's Duo MFA managed services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity verification on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. With 2FA, when you log into a secured online account and give your password you are asked to verify your identity on a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a different network channel. A broad range of devices can be utilized as this added form of ID validation including an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You may register multiple verification devices. For details about ProSight Duo two-factor identity authentication services, see Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for teleworkers.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security professionals with advanced certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level security for your at-home workers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper describing key things to concentrate on for protecting a network that incorporates telecommuters, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage system problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, human error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote help from experts familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision scenarios that call for a quick switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can assist you to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for safeguarding critical data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your teleworkers, refer to Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Austin, Texas company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.