Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Austin organization to select the right tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Austin, Texas organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for setting up routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital applications might require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate service offerings, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to accommodate remote users is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that provides the versatility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that enables remote workforce to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for enabling businesses to create, manage and optimize integrated network models that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to get you past challenging IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your organization to use GCP's management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which might be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from service requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to track or update the status of their current trouble tickets, add information, and upload screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex issues. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables you to expand your existing Help Desk organization by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one PSA platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class IT support to your telecommuters, see Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
At-home workers commonly run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your organization to plan, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that guards critical data in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and control appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy security devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by at-home workers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your operations and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, software glitches, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision circumstances that require a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, see Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Austin, Texas company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.