Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Austin organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Austin, Texas organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote help for both legacy and current IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for deploying routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Vital processes may require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the company PBX environment to include remote users is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can help you to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that allows remote workers to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to deployment consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them securely via a web browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling organizations to create, manage and repair cohesive network models that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to guide you past challenging IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify identity management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist you to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
A rapid, organization-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which might be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or update the status of their current tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables your company to supplement your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide world-class desktop support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home staff members commonly utilize their own computing devices and often operate in an unsecured physical area. This multiplies their vulnerability to malware threats and requires judicious configuration of firewalls, anti-malware tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, intensive end-user training, and the development of security policies built on leading practices. Progent's veteran team of cybersecurity support experts can assist your business to design, deploy and manage an effective cybersecurity solution that protects vital information resources in environments that incorporate an at-home workforce.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall integration and support services.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers used by telecommuters and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
Progent's Duo MFA service plans incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against compromised passwords through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo enables one-tap identity verification on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using Duo 2FA, when you sign into a protected online account and enter your password you are requested to verify your identity via a device that only you have and that is accessed using a different network channel. A broad selection of out-of-band devices can be used as this second form of authentication including a smartphone or watch, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You can designate multiple verification devices. To find out more about ProSight Duo identity authentication services, go to Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for remote workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your processes and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level protection for your remote workers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home Network
To view or download a white paper about key areas to concentrate on for protecting a network that supports telecommuters, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage problems due to equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from experts familiar with a wide array of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often envision circumstances that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can help your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for safeguarding critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, go to Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Austin, Texas business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.