Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Austin company to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you past occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Austin, Texas businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for deploying routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Vital processes may demand redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting ISPs, picking appropriate service packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote VoIP environment that provides the versatility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand integration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that enables remote workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit integration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-edit files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for enabling businesses to create, manage and optimize cohesive hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to guide you past tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to monitor or revise the status of their current tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex problems. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables you to expand your current Call Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk support services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution based on the leading professional services automation tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class desktop support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Telecommuters commonly use their personal computers and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can assist your company to design, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that protects vital data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different permissions to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration services, visit firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by at-home workers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to identify zero-day threats at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and internal security attacks for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your workflows and policies and review your network architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital information so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system failures due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online help from consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision circumstances that call for a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for protecting critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, refer to Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Austin, Texas business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.