Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, security, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Austin organization to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Austin, Texas businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may demand backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, choosing sensible service offerings, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help your company to configure these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven access to content, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that allows remote workforce to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to deployment expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you past challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from service requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or revise their active trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows you to augment your existing Call Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk support services seamlessly between your regular support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your company to design, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that guards critical data in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and control different permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices utilized by telecommuters and either block or identify and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with advanced credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your procedures and policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage problems resulting from equipment issues, programming glitches, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online access to experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for protecting corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your telecommuters, see Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Austin, Texas business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.