Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Austin organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Austin, Texas companies to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for configuring home routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical applications might require redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for selecting Internet service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate phone system to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the versatility, transparency and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide on-demand deployment and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build secure web portals that enables at-home workforce to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to deployment consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them safely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, remote workers, branches, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud is a popular set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
A fast, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be the result of a pandemic or as part of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to track or update the status of their current tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables you to expand your current Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk services seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one PSA tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
At-home workers often use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your business to plan, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that safeguards vital data in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by telecommuters and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security attacks for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with top credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your processes and policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital information so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for teleworkers must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision circumstances that require a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can help you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune remote endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Austin, Texas company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.