Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Austin organization to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Austin, Texas organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online support for configuring routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications may demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to include remote users is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the versatility, convenience and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and provide as-needed deployment and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a rich environment of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them safely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to create, maintain and repair integrated network models that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to guide you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-availability network model so your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
An emergency, company-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or edit their active trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced problems. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your current Help Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk support services seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the leading professional services automation tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Telecommuters commonly run their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and requires judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your organization to plan, deploy and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that safeguards sensitive data in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent supports both current and legacy security devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, refer to firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices used by telecommuters and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security experts with top credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your processes and governance policies and review your WAN infrastructure to enable you to design top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online access to consultants familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often envision circumstances that require a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for protecting corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune remote device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Austin, Texas business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.