Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Austin company to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Austin, Texas businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical applications may demand backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, picking sensible service bundles, and integrating redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business phone environment to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP products are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help you to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that enables at-home workforce to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for helping businesses to build, maintain and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you past challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your GCP environment. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A sudden, organization-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online IT support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or update the status of their active tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables you to supplement your current Call Desk staff by sharing delivery of Call Desk support transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to provide world-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Remote workers often run their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can assist your organization to plan, deploy and administer a modern security solution that protects critical information in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and control appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices used by telecommuters and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect new attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and internal security threats for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with top credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your processes and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, software glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must address diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often anticipate scenarios that require a quick switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for protecting corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, go to Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Austin, Texas business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.